-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
10 mils on the bug splattered Superchicken windshield I can honestly live without as the erector has enough to keep me giddy. If SWFA offered the Superchicken sans bugs, I'd have more than a few. I'll concede that the bug splats assist immensely with the wind voodoo...

So, having said all that, there's going to be a couple more MRAD chickens ordered as I have another .22lr and a .223 to set up.

GB1

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by crow_sniper
I have a SWFA SS 12X MIl/MIL scope on my SPS .308 varmint rifle,good glass and turrets .

I prefer the 10X,if only because I have both...but that glass is farrrrrrrrr and away the most for the least.

Easy to arrange 100MOA/30Mils + on the erector,after a 200yd zero...................

Did you beat on a 16X yet?

And why the 10 over the 12?

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
1000yd Ball windage holdoff...dope dialed.

10x MQ FF.............

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
And I've been told...(grin)

Not to hijack but just found the .223 pictured will stabilize 73 gr Bergers and shot them pretty well at 100 anyway.. So lookin to try some zip code fun with that one.

I hear good things about the SS FF in that application, to tie back into the op..

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I suffer numerous 16x's but am doing my best to not suffer another. Have 'em in M8 1",MK4 M1 and T's.

As magnification goes up,friendliness goes down(eye-relief,eyebox,ease of acquisition,light gathering,erector travel,yada,yada.).

The 10X is light years better than the 12X,regarding a forgiving nature...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For the loot,the 75Hornie HPBT is alotta performance for the jingle.

Up to and including 22-250AI speeds(3500fps)..................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hilarity nudge..................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 603Country
I like about 4 power on the low end for when I'm in the woods, and I like the 14 on the edge of the hay field. As much as I like the 6.5-20x50 with the TMR reticle, the 6.5 is (to me) a bit much for the woods.

A 5-25 or a 5-20 would also suit me just fine, though I just don't need another scope.

There's more to it than magnification. A 6x Leupo has nearly the same FOV as the 4.5-14x. And its easier to get behind without the tunnel vision.

I agree with Mathman and others... the 4.5-14x ain't my cup of tea. And the 4-12x has a shhit ton of eye relief. Had a 30mm 6.5-20x but sold it before it got broken-in.

Hay field?

J

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not your average hay field.

A big one.

Laughing!...............

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
4th, you have a good point about the 6 power. I used a Leupold 6 for a number of years, and it'll allow plenty of long range shooting. The reasons for my 4.5-14 suggestion are mostly based on the fact that it's a VX3 and not a VX2, and I like the VH reticle, which I don't think is available in the VX2. The VX3 is just a bit better grade of scope. If he has the money, go for the higher quality.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
6x is not enough for distant pursuits and too much up close.

The VH reticle RULES.

Laughing!...............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I really HOPE this is not going to be an awkward silence!..............

You seem to enjoy being a Dickhead
I'm not sure why so many others like it
|
Maybe they are dickheads too

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll feign my "surprise",that yet another Clueless Phuqqing Window Licker was powerless in her refrain,to keep from Whining.

Congratulations?!?..................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was laughing so hard at your Whining ass,that I forgot to grant you the glorious opportunity,to say something "Snipery".

Dare ya'.

Laughing!.................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 603Country
A small number of people defend you and speak highly of you. They must see something I don't.

The OP asked for scope info and I offered my opinion. You offered nothing beyond insults, which seems consistent with your normal approach. I don 't understand why you do what you do, but I really don't care.

If its not clear, you've been given rope to hang yourself with. The bail is wide open, sans drag, for you to run.

You offered CDS, TMR, and references to BDC. Stick challenged that view with the M1. Insulted or not, I think you've glossed over the discussion... TMR or CDS vs M1.

Look at it this way... its REAL easy to give advice for shooting over hay or corn fields. But when someone challenges your view it looks silly to say you were "insulted" and run to the corner.

I'd like to hear you sell the CDS or TMR, and how it relates to an M1.

Jason

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sir,

You are MEAN,to try and entrap the handicapped in such a fashion!

But I like how you roll.

Laughing!.................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I thought for a second that the two of you honestly had a question, I'd spend some time on an answer. The OP has all the info he needs to make an informed choice.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Maybe I can get some help here too although the application is a bit different. I need something for an M700. Shots close......usually between 50-200 yards. Needs to be more rugged than sophisticated. I'm not smart enough to turn all those dials and the rifle usually gets dropped more than once and stays wet for 7 days. Any advice on bullet proof mounts also appreciated.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bartman
Maybe I can get some help here too although the application is a bit different. I need something for an M700. Shots close......usually between 50-200 yards. Needs to be more rugged than sophisticated. I'm not smart enough to turn all those dials and the rifle usually gets dropped more than once and stays wet for 7 days. Any advice on bullet proof mounts also appreciated.

Get a Leupold 6X42 and some Talley LW's.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bartman

Leupold DD bases/Burris Signature rings. That will grant mechanically centering windage and reap max erector latitude.

Crosshairs that don't coincide a bullet's impact...ain't much to swoon.

I have have heard good things about the 6x42 myself,especially when wearing M1 ele...................(hint)

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,584
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.