Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
everytime I log on here my computer starts flashing wierd stuff at the bottom. my mouse gets glitchy, sometimes the whole site freezes up. I don't know if its all the advertising on the sides or what. rick bin, dude fix the site.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ditto's, the only website that gives chrome grief.

I also can't log on with my iphone. When I click the box to type in my logon the keyboard shows up for a split second then disapears before I can type a single letter.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
95%+ of all computer 'problems' originate between the keyboard and the chair. Such issues can easily be alleviated should you care to take the appropriate effort, largely beginning with education.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Midway's site is the only one I've seen that tries to reject our computers.....unless you're quick enough to grab one of their links before they vanish in a split second.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
95%+ of all computer 'problems' originate between the keyboard and the chair. Such issues can easily be alleviated should you care to take the appropriate effort, largely beginning with education.

Yeah, pretty much the case.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For the last week or two when I bring up the Campfire, within a minute my computer starts telling me "Internet Explorer has stopped working."

This happens even at 4 or 5 a.m. when traffic is light. (I'm old, I wake early).

Sometimes after about 20 minutes the problem seems to go away. At times I don't hang around long enough to find out. I just go to another forum site.

Have no idea what is causing this.

Jim

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Between Firefox and Adblocker, I never have any of the problems that guys here seem to have. It just runs smoothly almost all the time.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker

what if you visit lots of sites and this is the only one that gives such issues??

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My phone, Google Chrome, and Explorer all give me red alerts when I come to this site. That is assuming the site actually works at that time. Half the time the site just goes blank. Doesn't take an "education" to realize all the pop up ads are causing the havoc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

what if you visit lots of sites and this is the only one that gives such issues??

Doesn't matter. You're still ignorant, as am I, apparently.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

True, but when everyone is having similar issues with only one duck, it's probably THAT duck.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As anyone could learn if he'd read any of the other bazillion threads on this topic, most of the people having trouble with this site are stubbornly using Internet Exploder and/or aren't using a good ad blocker. The other category of complainers are trying to use a smart phone instead of a real computer.

Read Rock Chuck's post for the solution.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I also have a few problems with this site. I am on Firefox and do not have any pop-ups, but while using this and only this forum, I have troubles with it loading too slowly. Right now for example I am having to wait for it to load for each letter I type. Sometimes I have to wait for it to start loading again before I can go from page to page. I was just assuming it was just a problem with my computer and this is an extremely busy place most of the time. But, this is the only forum that I have this problem with.
Of course as soon as I start complaining it is working fine!! confused
Anyway, I still hang out here more than anywhere else!!

Ken

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Everybody is under the impression that Ad-blocker stops everything.... and it doesn't. Hopefully your suite of virus protection and all does...

But if you don't go into your system and stop saving cookies and history, passwords and all that other good stuff that comes back to bite you in the ass.

Then its still there.

Phil

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm on a TON of sites. All over the net and in some fairly dark holes from time to time.

I've never experienced a repeated problem with a site that I can remember. Any site, anywhere. Sure some sites go weird once but not repeatedly.

Chrome and AdBlock.

Back button ALWAYS works, I see all the pictures and all the videos too.

Me

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've pretty much just given up on using my back button at this site because it takes multiple clicks in rapid sucession before it will eventualy work. It hasn't happen at any other website I go to. When I right click on the back button a drop down log shows a hit for [http://us-ads.openx.net/w/1.0/afr?auid=] for each time I left clicked on it. Is this somebody's way of trying to run up a bunch of extra hits on their ads?

PS; I do use AdBlock Plus and have for a good many months now.

Last edited by joken2; 08/26/14.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I use Chrome and it still doesn't work right. And if you need "ad-block" then clearly the ads are what are causing the problems!

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Cummingscowboy: I have no problems here - maybe you need to upgrade your computer?
Or if you know the name of the problem you are experiencing (spyware?) then you should be able to investigate and eradicate said issue.
Best of luck to you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've explained here many times that when I'm on during the day it's between tasks at work, on my work computer. I don't have the luxury or permission to download and add a bunch of adblocking whatsits to this computer.

When viewing here, I use either Chrome, which will not display videos that people post, or Firefox, which locks up about 6 times an hour. If I view on my Droid, I have to run Cleanmaster and do a junk clean-up every little while because of all the ads present here.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
SRWare Iron

http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

Built in ad blocker. No reporting up to Google. Runs sweet here.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (2500HD, 1234, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,942
Posts18,519,095
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.