Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

U SURE DO GOT A PURDY MOUTH................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Perhaps I should find it amazing - but I don't - that 284LUVR intentionally moved to WV after living someplace ostensibly worse (PA, perhaps?) and by his posts has done nothing but b!tch and moan about being there since arriving. You moved there, so either STFU or move back out. It was like that before you, it'll be like that after you, and obviously you don't fit there.

Here's another thought: if you're having timber cut (BTW - it ain't old growth, since there are only pockets of that left in WV, and none of it in private hands), you've sold the timber to the cutter. Therefore, those trees are his and not yours. If the "thieves" are stealing logs, then there is a problem. I doubt that they are; they are probably taking limbs and slash, something fit only for firewood. If the cutter isn't selling that slash, then it's being left. You MIGHT be able to press charges for trespass, but if the cutter has notified anyone in the area of the slash piles and told them to come get some, then you don't have a leg to stand on other than trespass (and then only if your property is posted to the letter of the law and the contract with the cutter doesn't give him rights of ingress/egress and rights to the timber and slash).

So, go ahead and start pellet gunning windshields. At best, you'll have your azz handed to you by folks simply trying to heat their homes this winter and who probably have more right to that wood than you do. At worst, you'll get your azz beaten and then arrested for destruction of private property and a firearms offense.

Then again, maybe you could pull your head out of your own azz and figure out what is and isn't going on.

For someone who retired to a destination of their own choosing, you sure as Hell b!tch a lot about where you chose to go.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Wow, and wrong.
I just sold some timber on my property[in Appalachia BTW]. I sold the LOGS to the cutter, not the tops, limbs or slash. Only the mill-able logs. I didn't touch the trees in any way[cutting,dragging etc]. But what wasn't a mill-able log is mine, not the loggers nor inbred backwoods meth heads. MINE, period.

FJB & FJT
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford
Wow, and wrong.
I just sold some timber on my property[in Appalachia BTW]. I sold the LOGS to the cutter, not the tops, limbs or slash. Only the mill-able logs. I didn't touch the trees in any way[cutting,dragging etc]. But what wasn't a mill-able log is mine, not the loggers nor inbred backwoods meth heads. MINE, period.

It can go a lot of different ways.

Some loggers, if they intend on "total cleanup" take the millable lumber, sub out "clean up" to folks (sometimes for free) that gather firewood from the slash, then return with the chipper to handle the tops and small limbs.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I agree RWE and I've had discussions with many local loggers over the years while waiting for MY best time to cut.
The post that I was referencing made it sound as though the landowner had absolutely NO say in how it is done.

FJB & FJT
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, I did not and if it were interpreted that way, then I stand corrected. The contract governs. The parties to the contract govern, and without that there is no way to know what belongs to whom.

The rest, stands. There are no stands of cuttable "old growth virgin" timber in WV. 284LUVR does nothing but bellyache about where he intentionally moved to. Without knowing the specifics of the situation, the slash/limbs may or may not be "stolen". If 284LUVR wants to start pegging windshields with a pellet gun, he'd best be ready for an azz whooping and/or to be arrested.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Denny,

Locating your coordinates but we'll drop leaflets first!

[Linked Image]

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I understand 4ager.
If one has never been to this part of the country then they wouldn't understand it's allure. These hills and hollars become a part of you. Even though the area that I reside in has changed drastically due to two major universities[Va Tech & Radford U] with a combined 40K students, I'm still just ten to fifteen minutes drive from true hillbilly land in most any direction. When I head north into WV[half hours drive mostly due to winding roads] I see the devastation that the EPA has wreaked. It's hard to believe that poverty exists at that level that close. It's a totally different world yet when you look past the shanties where many of the [mostly former] coal miners live it is still beautiful country.
I guess that I am saying I couldn't image living anywhere else, ever.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I understand 4ager.
If one has never been to this part of the country then they wouldn't understand it's allure. These hills and hollars become a part of you. Even though the area that I reside in has changed drastically due to two major universities[Va Tech & Radford U] with a combined 40K students, I'm still just ten to fifteen minutes drive from true hillbilly land in most any direction. When I head north into WV[half hours drive mostly due to winding roads] I see the devastation that the EPA has wreaked. It's hard to believe that poverty exists at that level that close. It's a totally different world yet when you look past the shanties where many of the [mostly former] coal miners live it is still beautiful country.
I guess that I am saying I couldn't image living anywhere else, ever.

I know those areas well and agree with everything you said except for one bit: it's not just the EPA that has wreaked devastation on WV. The coal companies and WV politicians have laid waste to that state pretty danged well themselves; financially and ecologically.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
While I agree to a certain extent[politicians & Big coal], the last 10-20 years prior to the big O taking office, coalminers weren't doing too bad any more. Making a good living under much better conditions etc.

FJB & FJT
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While I agree to a certain extent[politicians & Big coal], the last 10-20 years prior to the big O taking office, coalminers weren't doing too bad any more. Making a good living under much better conditions etc.

True. Of course, that comes at a steep price (mountain top removal mining is Hell on trout streams, upland bird (grouse, woodcock) populations, is none too good for deer or bear, and overall kind of sucks for groundwater wells).

I have no problem with coal, or mining; just do it right without jacking up the whole works. Seems neither side can (no, they could - they just don't want to) figure that out.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by Bristoe

On a serious note, after 3 decades in prison, I'd guess that prison is the only comfort zone many of them will ever have.

That may be up for debate. The whole damn family graduated from Moundsville.

In that case, you might wanna reconsider your pellet gun/windshield solution...& ask Big Smo...(go big or go home)

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

Here's another thought: if you're having timber cut (BTW - it ain't old growth, since there are only pockets of that left in WV, and none of it in private hands), you've sold the timber to the cutter. Therefore, those trees are his and not yours.
Then again, maybe you could pull your head out of your own azz and figure out what is and isn't going on.

For someone who retired to a destination of their own choosing, you sure as Hell b!tch a lot about where you chose to go.

Third generation logger says otherwise on the old growth.

You need to read the contract before you run off your mouth. I own the [bleep] timber and he is paid an agreed upon fee to do the logging.

Getting someone to work ? Chit. The president of our little bank is my neighbor that's lived here all his life and can't find a carpenter that will show up sober if he can find one at all.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
sounds like too much thought and not enough action--- hell, just do it !!!

If you don't like Robert E. Lee, you won't like it on this ranch. JGM
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Wow,we LUV y'all to! LOL

Way too much to try respond to. I'll just say:
-We'll help or do it all for anybody that at least tries to do for their self.
-At least try doing things the way we've done it for yrs before judging us(to put it mildly).
-Don't tell us what we can or can't do with our own property because we don't care what you do with yours.
-Be a good neighbor and you'll never freeze,starve,or not have a roof over your head.

30+ yrs ago you could go pretty much go on anyones property and,within reason,do what you pleased as long as you treated it as if it was your own. Still today though,to some folks,change is hard to swallow. At least try to be patient.

Thought I'd throw this in to:
"Since World War II, West Virginia has had more natives serving in the military per capita than any other state."

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Stupid logic Denny? Stupid is you continually coming on here and bitching about your neighbors and all the hillbillies.

Sorry you had a stroke and can't do a God damned thing for yourself and sorry that you can't find anyone there that wants to do a God damned thing for you.

Carry on

Well aware of my limitations and I lead a full active life enjoying retirement. Stroke ? It is what it is yet frustrating at times.

Scheduled FIVE guys to work the other day. These are guys that have been asking me for work on a regular basis. Only one showed up and that was because he didn't have beer money.

My irritating post is reflected by some of my elderly neighbors that have lived here their entire lives and have nobody to turn to. Common for some old folks to call 911 for the slightest of injuries or maladies because they are afraid.

25 year old guy running the log skidder has a third grade education.

Big drug bust here recently. When the cops arrived the dealers teenage son was caught raping his 8 year old brother in the middle of the dirt road.

Call it culture shock for me. I'll adapt.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have always wondered how close Giles, Bland and Craig counties[Va] came to being in the annexed/new WV.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by 4ager

Here's another thought: if you're having timber cut (BTW - it ain't old growth, since there are only pockets of that left in WV, and none of it in private hands), you've sold the timber to the cutter. Therefore, those trees are his and not yours.

Third generation logger says otherwise on the old growth.

You need to read the contract before you run off your mouth. I own the [bleep] timber and he is paid an agreed upon fee to do the logging.

Getting someone to work ? Chit. The president of our little bank is my neighbor that's lived here all his life and can't find a carpenter that will show up sober if he can find one at all.

Third generation logger is full of schit. Get a forester to verify that as "old growth), and you're onto something.

You didn't post the contract, either, so reading it would be difficult. Of course, the bit about the contract governing negates your rant there.

You still moved there, and stay. You still do nothing but b!tch about what it's like there. It seems like either you had no idea where you were moving to when you did (i.e., piss poor planning on your part), or you don't like where you are after you got there (buyer's remorse). Either way, you're the one who moved there and you're the one staying. BillyGoatGruff nailed it, squarely.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have always wondered how close Giles, Bland and Craig counties[Va] came to being in the annexed/new WV.

I believe their delegates arrived late to the General Assembly due to inclement weather, thus missing the vote and their counties chance to run away.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

719 members (160user, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 163bc, 10ring1, 007FJ, 83 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,728
Posts18,494,782
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.