Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
SRWare Iron

http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

Built in ad blocker. No reporting up to Google. Runs sweet here.

So, when our IT guy comes and screws with my computer SRware won't show up?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
None of our suggestions are applicable for a work computer. (Except that maybe to suggest your employer would rather have you actually working than visiting sites like this, huh?)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
It is just another browser, but with a smaller foot print and a on board ad blocker. If your IT guy screws with your personal settings on your system you need a new IT guy. He should be making these recommendations to you.

I am typing this from a work computer, but I am my own IT guy.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
If your not the owner of the business (which of course would give you such access) what in hell are you doing visiting this site when supposed to be working? And on company equipment? grin

Phil

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Quit playing kids games....and get a Mac!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I run on both IE and MSN and have Ad Fender and I have the usual problems others experience on both and this is the only site that I have the problems on.

The problems mentioned so far I encounter, but not continuously.

There was a problem a few weeks ago where everyone was experiencing a no load problem.

Everyone complained and the usual posters came out with the same stories of why others computers would not work. Surpise, Rick did an upgrade and all the problems went away. This happens about twice a year.

It's a free site, so I guess we can't complain,but I think the original set up was flawed to begin with

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I use fire fox, the problems are not pop ups. the problems are REAL quit saying they are not.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
New computer is on my to do list in the next coming year! And yes I'm tired of Windows!!!!!

Phil

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The problems ARE real. And they are NOT on your end. But the FIX is. And I dont give 2 schits what any of dipschit says, firefox sucks ass. Wanna get rid of RICKS problems? Install Chrome and Adblock. If you wanna listen to the resident "guru's" and their firefox ffukcfest, have at it but quit complaining. The problems on THIS site are not your problem, but failure to go around it, quite easily, is.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
95%+ of all computer 'problems' originate between the keyboard and the chair. Such issues can easily be alleviated should you care to take the appropriate effort, largely beginning with education.

So start educating us........Firfox, all updates, adblocker, Avast, everything up to date and this is the only site that affects my computers. Explain away.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pahick
The problems ARE real. And they are NOT on your end. But the FIX is. And I dont give 2 schits what any of dipschit says, firefox sucks ass. Wanna get rid of RICKS problems? Install Chrome and Adblock. If you wanna listen to the resident "guru's" and their firefox ffukcfest, have at it but quit complaining. The problems on THIS site are not your problem, but failure to go around it, quite easily, is.

Yup

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I respectfully disagree with you, pahick. Nothing wrong with Firefox at all. There are folks who have trouble with it, just as there are some who have trouble with Chrome. All I can say is that I've used FF on at least six different machines, by different makers, and have never had a problem viewing this site (except when the site itself was down, of course.)

I could add that there are folks who have trouble running a hammer, but that would be unkind.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Taken all is up to date in an individuals PC, If someone has Adblock installed on Chrome, they will not have a problem. If they have Adblock installed in Firefox, they can still have a problem. Firefox is very inefficient in how it interprets code. And im not about to get in a pissing match like I almost did with another. That you dont have issues doesnt change the fact that Firefox has trouble with the code, not only on this site, but others. Its a joke. I stopped doing FF extensions because of that fact.

If they dont have Adblock installed, it all goes out the door. Both Chrome and Firefox are different than IE in most all ways, but without Adblock, they suffer 75% of the problems IE will. On THIS site.

As far as I have seen, theres not been one instance of malware, or virus's on this site. All false positives due to Ricks choice with ad revenue. Nothing any of us can do about it, but go around it.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
95%+ of all computer 'problems' originate between the keyboard and the chair. Such issues can easily be alleviated should you care to take the appropriate effort, largely beginning with education.

So start educating us........Firfox, all updates, adblocker, Avast, everything up to date and this is the only site that affects my computers. Explain away.

Have you run Malwarebytes?

There was some ad related malware regarding fake Java updates a week or two ago that Rick nuked. Even with Chrome and ad block plus this fake Java update still managed to get on my work computer, Malwarebytes got rid of it. Other than that little glitch I haven't had any issues here.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NeBassman

There was some ad related malware regarding fake Java updates a week or two ago that Rick nuked. Even with Chrome and ad block plus this fake Java update still managed to get on my work computer, Malwarebytes got rid of it. Other than that little glitch I haven't had any issues here.

Missed that one. Was there a thread on it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Between Firefox and Adblocker, I never have any of the problems that guys here seem to have. It just runs smoothly almost all the time.

Ya tell em and ya tell em....

You can bring a horse to water but yada yada yada........

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Between Firefox and Adblocker, I never have any of the problems that guys here seem to have. It just runs smoothly almost all the time.

ALMOST all the time is the problem.

Why should anyone have to go around the problem if it only happens on this site and no others?

Last edited by saddlesore; 08/26/14.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Rick I doubt very seriously, has anything to do with what his paying advertisers install into there paid for space on his servers (except for some guide-lines) until after the fact when problems are discovered. No Problem with his servers, no problem at all! That does not mean that his advertisers are not installing anything and everything to track your every move!

Phil

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by NeBassman

Missed that one. Was there a thread on it?

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9105379/1

and here

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...530/Re_Is_this_site_infected#Post9103530

Last edited by NeBassman; 08/26/14.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

ALMOST all the time is the problem.

Why should anyone have to go around the problem if it only happens on this site and no others?

Okay Saddlesore, I'll go so far as say...

I've Never had a Single problem from this site running Firefox, Adblocker and occasionally Malwarebytes.

Those 3 programs take care of any issues I've ever had..

Until I have a problem like some of the others seem to have, I've got no reason to change my setup...

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (10gaugeman, 117LBS, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 49 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,921
Posts18,518,805
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.