Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#9140504 08/30/14
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Acworth, GA a reasonable drive!

I am extremely glad they finally came to my area.

[Linked Image]

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cabelas is fabulous. There has never been a gunshop or outdoor store anything like it.

I like the rare guns in their Gun Library and my wife likes the food there for lunch. cool

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cabelas is awesome! Wife hates it though, I buy to much "stuff".

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Enjoy. I prefer Cabelas over Bass pro shops

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I been a Cabelas man for 25 years. But I hope they never build a store in Florida. I order online so I enjoy not paying sales tax. Once they have a retail store in your state then even online purchases are subject to sales tax. At least that is my understanding.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Nothing like a Cabelas moving into your state, so you can pay the [bleep] sales tax on internet orders.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Nothing like a Cabelas moving into your state, so you can pay the [bleep] sales tax on internet orders.

You're a sour head simpleton,

Tax? how about picking up powders, primers, etc without paying Hazmat?

There's also alot to be said about looking at items in person before puchase,

picked up 2 cases of 12g trap loads last week, You ever heard of shipping charges?

Take your medication.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That's right, I forgot whenever they put in a new Cableas, everyone in the state magically lives within 20 miles of it.

Lets see, the last state I lived in that had a Cabela's was over 100 mile drive one way. That covers hazmat dickcheese.

Of course they are putting in a Cabela's 7 hours from me, that should save on some hazmat.

I bet there ain't a day that your mom doesn't wish she fished you out of her womb with a coat hanger.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You assumed this thread is all about you? Typical.

You bringing up Mom, 3rd grade playground stuff at best,

Most social misfits with your depth of dysfunction can usually get help with medication, apparently your prognosis is off the charts.

Sorry to hear that.

Sales tax to abortion, Seek better Doctors. There may be hope.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Y'all need to grow up and quit the juvenile snide remarks. And no I don't think they're just "cutting up" as some around here do. They're just plain crass and uncalled for. So if you can't say anything nice why don't you try saying nothing at all. In simpler tetms, if you can't post anything positive that adds to the thread then STFU.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Exactly Steelhead. I live in South Florida so if they build one in the Panhandle i doubt I will save much in driving 8 -10 hrs one way and then back. If
I order something online that doesn't fit or suit me Cabelas pays the shipping back. And i can reorder what I need.
I live 10 miles from a bass pro shop and every-time I go down there for something they dont have it. They will order it and you can go back and pick it up but thats two trips over there. So having a retail store close doesn't mean your going to be able to put your hands on it before you purchase it.
When I order online I press two buttons and the package shows up at my door. I save shipping by watching for free shipping times or $5 shipping promotions.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Had one in Michigan for quite a while. As Scott pointed out the first one on the other side of the state merely added the privilege of paying sales tax on internet orders. I am not a shopper so made no special trips, but did stop through when in the area and their taxidermy is fantastic. Boot shopping MUST be done in person, so I visited Aunty and slid through for a new pair of Danners.

Then one came to our city. It's ok, but again I am not a shopper. My boys love the taxidermy & I like being able to pick up internet orders there and try things on.

Definitely way better than BPS.

Glad you're excited!

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I remember when Cabelas was very cost-competitive. Then they had their IPO and all that changed. frown

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm glad they finally got one here.

Several years ago they were supposed to build one that would have been 14 miles from the house and almost equal distance between Chattanooga and Atlanta. Being retired I would have considered a part time job at that one.

There was some political jockeying and supposedly people with BPS connections and political connections kept it out. The deal fell through and the one they built is 35 miles from home, closer to Atlanta, but still away from the worst of Atlanta traffic. Not too bad of a drive, and it beats the closest BPS which is at least 1.5 hours away and requires a trip to Atlanta. BPS has plans to build just south of Chattanooga, but I like Cabelas a lot better anyway.

It is one of the smaller Cabelas. They didn't include the trophy rooms like in Kansas City or Dallas that I've seen, but I don't think it is lacking in anything I'd need.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They have just started one here in Huntsville but will be a year before it is completed. Sure a lot better than the Gander Mountain and Dickheads we have here now!

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I am about to be in a similar place. I have one in Bowling Green, KY opening about a mile from the house. I cannot go to town, work, gas station without passing it. Kinda a good news-bad news situation.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Same here. Never had one close enough to visit until they opened in Augusta; a 30 minute shot down the slab and I'm there. Always good to have another source and was surprised at how much they actually had in the way of components. I'll suffer the tax in exchange.

Best Regards

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They already opened one over in Augusta so I was already hosed by the tax thing!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The ORIGINAL one in downtown Sidney, NE was he best. Went down hill after that especially when it went corporately owned.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hope they never build one in WY.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

135 members (160user, 35, 44mc, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 10 invisible), 1,524 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,425
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.