Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kenneth
While we're waiting for for Mr.Manners,

Anyone care to explain Cabelas codes to Brickie, usually around 20% discount,

Smarter people than I will put lots of Purchases on Cabelas credit cards, and earn all that free money which could be put towards Primers, Powders, etc...

Seems a moron as dumb as I could easily beat Powder Valley's price of 196.15,

Who knew?
More backpedaling bullshit. I figured as much.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have been to the circus and the county fair a few times in my life so could care less to have an outing with Ma and the kids to go join the other "hunters and shooters" (a.k.a. window licker's) in the mob scene at Cabela's which is only 50 miles or so from my point of origin. Midsouth shooters supply and Midway or if I find it at Franklin's or even Bass Pro I will buy powder locally. Sales Tax, property tax, state tax, county tax, city tax, car tax, gasoline tax, garbage tax, toilet paper tax....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bricktop

Smarter people than I will put lots of Purchases on Cabelas credit cards, and earn all that free money which could be put towards Primers, Powders, etc...

Who knew?

Just admit you made a wrong ASSumption, Still patiently waiting for the quote where I said I have purchased Powder at Cabelas, I said people could buy powder at Cabelas in person,

It's called Reading Comprehension.

And If I wanted/had to buy Powder at the big C, I would and not worry about the 8 dollar diff your wonderful math example showed,if I paid full price, which I don't.

Unfortunately your math is wrong also,I've never, ever, paid as much as 196 for a jug,

Feel free to call Midwest shooters supply for a quote, even with tax your 196 is still about 30 bucks to high.

And I don't want to hear the bullshit about driving 90000 miles to pick goods up. I drive right by these places multiple times a year.

I listed all Positives with having a Cabelas in my state,I have yet to see a negative,"that applys towards me".

You can twist words to however you need to fit your agenda, call all the names you want, But you still haven't proven anything.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In Richmond we had Bass Pro, which we still have and a Cabela's that has since folded their tent. Of course being next door to Bass Pro may of had something to do with that.
Never cared much for either one, smelled like yuppie, not gun shop.
Every year at Christmas time wife andI would go with Step Daughter to shop for son-in-law. Never found anything that I could not buy cheaper some where else.

Jim

Last edited by arkypete; 09/02/14.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by reelman
You guys do know that you're supposed to be paying the sales taxe even if there isn't a Cabelas in your state.

Shhhhhhhh, quiet...

laugh

FWIW, a new Cabelas recently opened up about 30 miles west of me.. Been in there exactly twice - both times they didn't have what I wanted and after perusing the other wares I realized the prices were more in line with Rodeo Drive offerings..

Bye.. I don't need no Cabelas..

YMMV.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
I helped pour the foundation for a new Cabelas that I will drive past every time I pick up my daughter from her mom...I've also heard a rumor that there will be a special "Contractor Day" before the place opens next spring with 60 percent one day contractor discount store wide(don't know if the guy was blowing smoke about that or not, guess I'll find out next spring)....

We just had the Grand Opening of NYS's first Cabela's store a few weeks ago. It is one of their new "scaled down" stores. IIRC it is 88,000sqft. Certainly not one of their bigger stores but seems to be stocked pretty good, so far.

The "contractor night" was also done with local clubs and others invited. It was a zoo..............staff were understandably not as familiar with the stock they'd like, parking was FULL and all 14 registers running with a one hour checkout time! Plan on spending a couple hours if you can.

Like others have mentioned, the loss of the sales tax exemption is a bummer but so much of the same items from Cabela's can be found at other online vendors that it isn't a big deal.

Such is the price of progress............

Last edited by Lawdwaz; 09/02/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Who knew?
Just admit you made a wrong ASSumption, Still patiently waiting for the quote where I said I have purchased Powder at Cabelas, I said people could buy powder at Cabelas in person,

And If I wanted/had to buy Powder at the big C, I would and not worry about the 8 dollar diff your wonderful math example showed,if I paid full price, which I don't.

Unfortunately your math is wrong also,I've never, ever, paid as much as 196 for a jug,

Feel free to call Midwest shooters supply for a quote, even with tax your 196 is still about 30 bucks to high.

And I don't want to hear the bullshit about driving 90000 miles to pick goods up. I drive right by these places multiple times a year.

I listed all Positives with having a Cabelas in my state,I have yet to see a negative,"that applys towards me".

You can twist words to however you need to fit your agenda, call all the names you want, But you still haven't proven anything.
The sheer numbers of additional qualifiers and backpedaling bullshit you've continued to add is astounding, to say the least.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eh76
Hope they never build one in WY.

There are no plans for one.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
Cabelas in our state gets some good stuff in the fine gun room, but from what I hear, their buyer is good at getting nice collections.

Travis just left, don't know who will take his place.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Enjoy. I prefer Cabelas over Bass pro shops

100 % agree

I much prefer Cabelas !!!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
[quote=CowboyTim]

We just had the Grand Opening of NYS's first Cabela's store a few weeks ago. It is one of their new "scaled down" stores. IIRC it is 88,000sqft.

All the planned new stores, 16 in the next year are going to be about that size.

Stores like Ft Worth and Hamburg are the last of the large trade mark stores.

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Cabella's has had to bump the opening of the Bristol, Va store now several times. Now the sign just reads "opening in 2015". Maybe some day it will open.

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I sometimes see something interesting in the used long-guns rack at Cabela's. That's about the only reason I ever go into one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are building one in Huntsville as well grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Who knew?

The sheer numbers of additional qualifiers and backpedaling bullshit you've continued to add is astounding, to say the least.

Only a imbecile with Social issues's could possibly try to confuse facts with "backpedaling",

Show me where I was wrong, lets see the misinformation.....

You've got me on the ropes, go for the kill, Bury me if you think you can,,, You can't.

RE: Qualifiers, The next time your dysfunctional one dimension Brain gets so strained, let me know up front,

Maybe a 50 page manifest describing the minute details of my shopping habits will clear up your confusion.

In the meantime, GFY.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got one opening in a couple weeks about 20 miles south of me in Tualatin. Still far enough that I have to make a trip, so shouldn't be to hard on the wallet.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Only a imbecile with Social issues's could possibly try to confuse facts with "backpedaling",

Show me where I was wrong, lets see the misinformation.....

You've got me on the ropes, go for the kill, Bury me if you think you can,,, You can't.

RE: Qualifiers, The next time your dysfunctional one dimension Brain gets so strained, let me know up front,

Maybe a 50 page manifest describing the minute details of my shopping habits will clear up your confusion.

In the meantime, GFY.
Keep digging, dickhead.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
nice stores but like bass pro they are mostly over priced.

J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I pay sales tax and shipping now they are here in Maine. Store is 6 hours away.

At the risking of whining....my impression of the last 3 trips to Scarborough

About 10 customers in the entire store. Sales staff standing around with their hands in their pockets.

Most confusing store layout. Rapalas all down one isle except for the one I wanted which was located at the other end of the fishing department.

Five different sizes of flatfish lined up with the trolling stuff. The size I wanted located near the stickbaits (alone).

3/8, 3/4, 1 1/8. and 2 oz jig heads all together. 1 oz jig heads (bare hook anyway) over by the monofiliment
Understocked. I'm talking bare shelves.

Sales staff less than helpful. A wave of the hand and saying that they "may be over there somewhere" isn't very useful. How hard is to to know where 1 oz. jig heads are of which as it happens they were out of. The sale associate in that department stood there with a blank look on his face (sort of like he was in day 4 of 5 of a tourist hatch) amid a sea of empty shelves. When asked, he waved his arm and "over there" encompassed everything from snoopy rods to flying gaffs and tuna lures. Heck for all I know there may have even been some firearms there.Maybe I'm not the only one confused by the layout.

Over priced

One stop at a small local shop on the way home and I had everything I needed for less. Sad to say it will be the last time I stop in.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yup, and their quality and customer service is iffy at best. I have one I drive by a few times a month, haven't stopped in a long time. it's handy if I need something in a pinch and don't have time to wait on shipping, but that is rare. IMO it's a small step up from a BPS or dick's, but not much. besides, how much crap does a person need to kill critters? the majority of that stuff is for city hunters who watch too much "hunting tv" and think they need every gadget out there. Cabela's is a great place to get your cough muffler, butt out tool, barrel harmonic dampener and handy dandy swiss army hand warmer/knife sharpener/bone collector deer call. the kids like to see the fish in the aquarium, that's about all we go for.
I'd rather have a scheels nearby than a cabelas. and fortunately I do.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,771
Posts18,515,618
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.