Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It gets me jumping up and down mad to soft peddle this crap just to keep the oil sheiks happy.

Cut the freaking cord, then strangle someone with it, for Pete's sake.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
invading Iraq on a personal vendetta didn't help.

We had the opportunity after 9/11 to address this problem head on with the world's backing and we squandered it because Dubya wanted to one up his daddy.

More importantly we had an united America - Americans were lining up at the recruiting centers to fight this threat against America - and our government wasted it.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/03/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
It gets me jumping up and down mad to soft peddle this crap just to keep the oil sheiks happy.

Cut the freaking cord, then strangle someone with it, for Pete's sake.

Yep.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"personal vendetta" what bullshit. I am in complete agreement we went into Iraq and indeed after 9/11 piecemal and not with the 'Total war' mindset of WWII. In my opinion what Bush should have done and at the time he had the backing of the entire political spectrum (save for a few kooks):

1. Formally declare war on the floor of the combined Houses
2. Put the country on a war footing, raise the possibility of a draft, war bonds, the works.
3. Gone into Iraq with the correct number of troops for an inavsing/occuping force.
4. Punish mercilessly any nation state supporting same.

And yes before anyone starts it, the intelligence was WRONG. Wont' be the first or last time, but to suggest the war as a personal vendetta is well, stupid.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
"personal vendetta" what bullshit. I am in complete agreement we went into Iraq and indeed after 9/11 piecemal and not with the 'Total war' mindset of WWII. In my opinion what Bush should have done and at the time he had the backing of the entire political spectrum (save for a few kooks):

2. Put the country on a war footing, raise the possibility of a draft, war bonds, the works.
3. Gone into Iraq with the correct number of troops for an inavsing/occuping force.

And yes before anyone starts it, the intelligence was WRONG. Wont' be the first or last time, but to suggest the war as a personal vendetta is well, stupid.

Agreed, save for the location. Iraq wasn't responsible for 9/11. The hijackers were, and were financed by, Saudis.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Calvin
#1. Too many morons posting on this site now. Kill every raghead in the world? Are you stupid?

#2. Eventually, we will have to deal with a big problem. We can either do it over there, or over here.

We can't appease then. We can't ignore them. They won't go away.

We've been dealing with it over there for decades and it hasn't made one damn difference. And you laugh at the people suggesting we kill every raghead in the world - you think selectively fighting these people in a battle of attrition is going to work? They are a hydra - for every one we kill, they become a martyr and two more take their place. Al Qaeda, Al Shabaab, Hamas, Hezbollah, Isis - not to mention all the pockets spread throughout [bleep] in the world.

The saddest part here is Hagel gets up there and talks about how we haven't seen anything like Isis yet, and the western countries virtually say an attack at home is imminent yet our focus is on stopping some ragheads running around in the back of Toyota pickup trucks and surplus humvees on the other side of the world.

We played a big part in destablizing that part of the world and creating an environment for these groups to thrive. Now we're supposed to go in there with massive amounts of weaponry, money and have American soldiers die because we have a stupid foreign policy. If you really want to make Americans safe - focus your efforts on the 50 states. We can't stop 14 year old kids from entering this country, much less a raghead with an RPG.

Not laughing, just pointing out the obvious that they are complete morons for suggesting the mass genocide of 1.6 billion people. That type of stupidity is even too stupid for the hunters campfire... and the bar is set pretty low on here!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
+1 on what Calvin said.

Them saying kill all Christians = Bad.

You saying kill all Muslims = good???

Not really....It makes you as stupid and dangerous as them.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"How do you deal with the ISIS threat?"

The first goal should be to take away ISIS's ability to form a stable caliphate with the wealth and power of an oil producing nation.

US strategy, as this point, does not require an all out "win the war" against ISIS and jihadist terrorism. No nation or coalition of nations will ever end the fighting in the ME. If you accept this as fact then you can form strategies to at least minimize and contain the threat and limit US military involvement in the ME. Let the factions fight it out among themselves.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

First, ISIS , now called Islamic State, seems to be very well organised.

Second, it may well be the closest thing to a pure terrorist government in this War on Terrorism. At least first on the list.
Help the Kurds form their own government after their boots on the ground and our air power take out the 15 to 30,000 ISIS bad guys. That is doable.

And give the rest of the radical Muslins in the other Muslim countries something to think about if they know the new American administration is not messing around. Those days would be over.

Third, we are not at war with most Muslins, just the bad guys. About one billion Muslins live in places like Indonesia, Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh.
Some few of them are bad guys, but most of the bad guys show up in places where they see US as weakest. As losers.
These are tough bad guys and the only thing they respect is someone who is tougher.

If we could use Muslins boots on the ground to defeat the Muslin bad guys.
The message would be loud and clear.
The Kurds have been wanting to do that for a long time in what they call their country and await the weapons we promised them a long time ago.

Where is this Islamic State located?

Do you know how to read a map?

Where's it's capital?

Capital is Ar-Raqqah, Syria. Located about 25 miles east of Tabqa Dam the largest dam in Syria.
Where is that? Look at your freaking map.

As far as ending terrorism that will never happen. Eliminating ISIS merely means a whole new organization. Then what? The crusaders tried eliminating Muslims at couldn't do it and I doubt we can do it.

Then what if we do not eliminate ISIS? Their starting goal is control of the whole region and all of its oil. That would be their base to take on the rest of the Infidel World.

And then there's the blow back. How do we deal with the blow back and there will be blow back. For every action there is a re-action.

What would be the blow back if that were to happen? Think back on how dangerous would Saddam Hussein be today if he had been allowed to keep Kuwait. You can't possibly think he would have stopped there.

I repeat: �History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap.� Reagan

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

when a president says "he tried to kill my father"

then yea, I'd say its a personal vendetta. I don't really care whether you think its bullshit or not - Bush and company ignored the voices telling him he was wrong, he squandered valuable US resources and goodwill on his white whale Iraq. Matter of fact they retaliated on the folks that told the world they were wrong.

Osama wasn't in Iraq. Al Qaeda wasn't in Iraq (until we destabilized the country) - so just why in the hell were we going into Iraq after 9/11?

Bush and company created a narrative to justify going into Iraq with 9/11 giving them the ability to do so.

And to add further insult to all of this - a country that had no...zero...terrorism on 9/12/2001 is ground zero for the biggest terrorism threat to us on the planet now.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/03/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 4ager
So, we will eventually have to start fighting them here.

It will take fighting them here before the majority of Americans accept that they need to be fought.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025

It will take fighting them here before the majority of Americans accept that they need to be fought.

Unfortunately, I agree.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

And when we do wake up??? What then??? International laws regarding religious practices & what's acceptable?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

And when we do wake up??? What then??? International laws regarding religious practices & what's acceptable?

If the PRK is in charge or involved, yes, probably.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Time for a reality check.
S.L.A. Marshall was a goon in many respects but did say something profound and timeless. It describes the formula for winning a war.

National population+national wealth X national will = victory.

In the absence of quality leadership that would produce national unity equal to waging total war, even our military would be wasted, again.

With strong leadership we could:
1. seal the borders
2.assign a national priority to energy independence.
3.support only those that share our values w/ food, energy and money
4.Follow the money and eliminate those that profit from our problems
i.e. Cartel leaders and Saudi sheiks.
5. Let the dune coons eat sand.
6.Turn the assets now directed to 3 letter agencies to cyber warfare
before the azzholes do it to us.

mike's formula to protect my grandkids who will be high information voters that know how to fight.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

probably why they aren't so keen on doing what it takes to shut down the threat here on our soil.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The "caring" part is obvious and mutual. Aside from the usual suspects, virtually everyone was in agreement based on the intel at hand from multiple sources, the WMDs were an issue. There was no reason, fiscal or otherwise to "create a narrative" justifying a war with no end game or benefits. The WMD issue was the factor and not the threat on his father. He had the overwhelming support of the Congress and the public. Did they screw it up? absolutely, but your premise the SOLE reason for Iraq was a vendetta, my original posit stands.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "caring" part is obvious and mutual. Aside from the usual suspects, virtually everyone was in agreement based on the intel at hand from multiple sources, the WMDs were an issue. There was no reason, fiscal or otherwise to "create a narrative" justifying a war with no end game or benefits. The WMD issue was the factor and not the threat on his father. He had the overwhelming support of the Congress and the public. Did they screw it up? absolutely, but your premise the SOLE reason for Iraq was a vendetta, my original posit stands.

And, yet, Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. The Saudis, however, did.

RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Why do you not support oil?

(I sherped you, and I apologize)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

Why do you not support oil?

(I sherped you, and I apologize)

You risk grinner jihad.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1beaver_shooter, 260Remguy, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 55 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,474
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.