Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Moochelle is the modern Antoinette with a twist: "Let ME eat cake! But nobody else."

There has never been a more elitist pair in the White House than these two degenerates. Their monthly million-dollar vacations, lavish private entertainment events, and epicurean catering contrast sharply and disgustingly with every aspect of their dictatorial rule-making.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Nostalgia report:

My grade school days were 1953-1961 (the late Holocene Epoch) and cafeteria lunches were vastly different than now. I'm not positive what my parents paid for my daily meal, but I have a vague memory of 35� a day. For that princely sum, one of my favorite menus was:

Beef chili
Cornbread
Milk
Rice pudding

The generous bowl of chili was thick with beef and beans, "kid" spicy, and richly filling. The cornbread was hot from the oven and came with a slab of butter. The rice pudding dessert (which several kids always gave me) was an inch-thick slab with rice on the bottom and a layer of rich egg custard on top, nicely browned at the edges.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
One of the sidenotes of the new school lunch program is a ban on soda machines in the schools. The beverage company's give the schools a big chunck of money to have their machines on campus. Pays for score boards and athletic programs. Now that source of funding is drying up in an all ready tight school budget.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
All it would take would be for a typical school lunch to be served at a White House fund raiser.

Michelle should have to eat nothing else for a month.

Implement the same thing on Congress. I see a few of them are overweight too.

Love it!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BluMtn
One of the sidenotes of the new school lunch program is a ban on soda machines in the schools. The beverage company's give the schools a big chunck of money to have their machines on campus. Pays for score boards and athletic programs. Now that source of funding is drying up in an all ready tight school budget.
I never thought those machines were a good idea to start with. Soda is nothing but sugar water, and shouldn't be made easily accessible to kids in school IMO. In my day, what was provided was milk ... whole milk, not this 1% crap. You wanted something else, you had to bring it from home.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
my kids wont eat the school lunches these days and i cant believe this one meal a day our kids get at school and what many say is the only meal some get at all is the contributing factor to our kids obesity problems in this country ..........

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup. In my nostalgia piece above, I left out the milk options. We could have one or two half-pint bottle (yes, bottles) at lunch. Then, in the mid-afternoon, we got a milk break where you could buy another half-pint. It was two cents for white or three cents for chocolate, btw. Except for the hall water fountain, that was it - no other drinks on school property.

This was a private, Catholic school. Things may have different for the dumb kids down the street. (no offense)

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Yup. In my nostalgia piece above, I left out the milk options. We could have one or two half-pint bottle (yes, bottles) at lunch. Then, in the mid-afternoon, we got a milk break where you could buy another half-pint. It was two cents for white or three cents for chocolate, btw. Except for the hall water fountain, that was it - no other drinks on school property.

This was a private, Catholic school. Things may have different for the dumb kids down the street. (no offense)
I went to a secular private school, myself, starting in fifth grade. Was in public before that. My sister went to Catholic school. My brother insisted on staying in public school, so my folks let him.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Last week our local paper had an article written by the school supt. About a new program that will provide free breakfast and lunch. Yes, FREE.

It doesn't cost a dime to our district,therefore it is FREE. Did I mention FREE?

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Nostalgia report:

My grade school days were 1953-1961 (the late Holocene Epoch) and cafeteria lunches were vastly different than now. I'm not positive what my parents paid for my daily meal, but I have a vague memory of 35� a day. For that princely sum, one of my favorite menus was:

Beef chili
Cornbread
Milk
Rice pudding

Mine was "Flying Saucers". Bologna and cheese on one half of a bun, heated in the oven. It was a treat about once a month. It was the lunch of champions and I'm sure gave me dodgeball super powers!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
was lucky to have lived when school lunches were food.

my fave was the beefaroni and I could butter up those old ladies on the lunch line to heap my tray up.

also enjoyed the spinach from a can we got, very few kids liked spinach, but I did, I'd normally have 3-4 helpings of the stuff.

yep and milk or water, no choc milk option unless you brought Nestles Quik powder from home to put in your carton.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
School lunches where I live we don't have school lunches, it's bring your own. that was in the 50s and early 60s.
There were about 200 kids in the elementary school my grand kids went to.
Nobody was allowed to bring peanut butter sandwiches or any form of peanuts because ONE child had a peanut allergy.

Never heard of such a thing when my kids went to school in the 70s and 80s.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I attended school from 1956 to 1968 and the food was mostly made from scratch. The chili, stew, and so on were delicious and filling. The cost was $ .20 in the late 1950s and $ .25 the rest of the way. The lunch ladies took pride in providing good food for the students. I was a teacher for 38 years and was fortunate to work at a school with old fashioned cooks.

About the time I retired (2 years ago) the school system went to a centralized menu. That meant all schools were serving the same meals. The quality went down at the school where I had worked because most of the other cafeteria managers wanted something fast and easy to serve. That meant tear open a bag and dump it into the deep fryer or dump it into the warming trays and serve.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
...... I could butter up those old ladies on the lunch line to heap my tray up.

also enjoyed the spinach from a can we got, very few kids liked spinach, but I did, I'd normally have 3-4 helpings of the stuff.

You were one of "those guys" huh? Our cooks in grade school seemed rather snobby to me and I never honed my skills at anything more than getting extra stewed tomatoes (with bread thrown in; that was a "recipe" I've wondered about more than once since those days).

My earliest memories of schooling back around '63 or so involved the morning milk break (there were 'milk machines' in the grade school hallways) where we all lined up for a cup (pointed paper cone cups) of whole milk fresh from the local cows via the local creamery. We even got seconds sometimes. Lunch always included honey for our bread - honey must have been an excess commodity in those days- as were, I suspect, the big bowls of black olives offered as 'add-ons' for those who liked them. (Me and my buddy Stan did!)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nostalgia report:

Beef chili
Cornbread
Milk
Rice pudding

The generous bowl of chili was thick with beef and beans, "kid" spicy, and richly filling. The cornbread was hot from the oven and came with a slab of butter. The rice pudding dessert (which several kids always gave me) was an inch-thick slab with rice on the bottom and a layer of rich egg custard on top, nicely browned at the edges.

I attended grade school in Oklahoma City from '57-'63 . . . 35 cents seems about right. (Mom would give me an extra dime so I could buy an ice cream bar.) A typical grade school meal in Oklahoma from that time to the present (prior to moochelle) consisted of chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, and a huge yeast roll with butter (yes TRH, a pat on wax paper.) My wife has been a food service manager in the local school system for 16 years. Her specialty is pastries. She can no longer make the sweet rolls, doughnuts, or other pastries. The kids are forced to take the items on the daily menu and they just dump it in the trash.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Alice high school, had some of the best enchiladas i've eaten anywhere.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
This quote really shocked me.
The federal �healthier� school lunch overhaul, championed by First Lady Michelle Obama, has been a boondoggle for public schools across the country. The tightened restrictions, intended to combat childhood obesity, have driven more than 1 million students away from school lunches and created over $1 billion per year in food waste since they were implemented in 2012.

I can't believe that this has gone unnoticed by the national media. These are big numbers and someone in the Federal Government should be hammered for this.
The source is EAGnews.org

Well liberal dumbasses don't worry about us spending a billion a day on interest for the national debt

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
http://t.answers.com/answers/#!/entry/what-is-the-daily-interest-on-the-national-debt,501ad3a67af68a84dc598b72/3

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Rocky:

Those were the days! I actually have a recipe for the brownies served at the Lone Pine grade school in Medford, Oregon. This was in the early 60s and they were great.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Halcyon days indeed, as evidenced by the fact that I can only vividly recall the menus but the taste of those meals - more than a half century later.

Swiss steak
Turkey and dressing
Chicken and dumplings
Real mashed potatoes
Rolls baked right there

The lesser-liked things were still good: peas and carrots, or green beans from giant #10 cans for example.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 160user, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,101 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,011
Posts18,481,492
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.