Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Thirty years ago, I purchased the property I was born and raised on. I am still here.

My three kids grew up here and now all live within ten miles of our house. All eight grand kids are or will soon be going to school in the same building I attended elementary school.

When you live in the middle of paradise, there's not much reason to move.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I live 4 blocks from where I was born and about 3-4 miles from where I was raised.

Spent 10 years away and came back home.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7
This is interesting!

How about we add some more substance to this thread and say a few words about HOW and WHY we ended up where we did?

This could be UBER!

smile

Got a teaching job so headed west. Believe it or not, I had a contract offered to teach in Hawaii. I figured too many people and no hunting so I chose Idaho.... wink

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Two thousand miles.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I live almost 3,000 miles away from where I grew up.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Grew up in Trinity County, California and joined the Army when I was 17. I did a 4 year enlistment and got out and went back home and worked in the woods. Reenlisted in 97 and retired here in Colorado last year. Haven't been back to California since 2005.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
About 860 from where I was born (Big Rock, west of Mt. Vernon WA) and 700 from where I grew up.

I used to joke that bad karma brought me to Utah but living 5 miles south of the Idaho border has grown on me and I'll be happy to spend the rest of my years here.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
about 3 1/2 miles!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I live about 300 yards from where I was born, in a house that is in the exact place that my Grandparents built a house out of rough cut sawmill lumber, to replace a 2 story house that burned down when I was a month old. The 2 story house was to replace a log house that my Great Grandfather built when he moved here after the civil war, from Mississippi. It also burned and was about 75 yards from my current house. The old pump is still there. I tore down the one built when I was a baby because it was in bad shape and would have been hard to fix up because of the way it was built. The land has been owned by our family since 1889. 2 acres where I was born was sold off, but I have bought it back and the place is whole again. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
MojoHand;
Good evening to you sir, thanks for the interesting thread you've started here and of course thanks to the respondents too.

It looks like we live 1624.5km or 1009 miles from where I was born and another 40 odd miles further yet to where I grew up in Saskatchewan.

Roughly speaking it's about 20 hours straight driving if one wants to do it in one go - quite a stretch really I guess.

Our family is even more spread out, with some living 5 more hours further east and some that far west of us.

Thanks again for the reading tonight sir, all the best to you this fall and good luck on your hunts too.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
A mile.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am about 500 miles from where I grew up.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
About 20 hours @ 600mph.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
First 50 years of my life I grew up, got out of HS, attended college, got married and raised our two younguns within 75 miles of the hospital I was born in. Moved 500 miles south when my bride was offered a nice raise with a transfer. It came at a good time because we were both growing tired of the cold, snowy winters . . . but mostly the fierce winds that came along with the winters. Don't plan on going back to stay in Nebraska until I go to take my permanent dirt nap. I like it here just fine.

As some others have said, I never did really grow up . . . I just have neater toys wink .

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
60 miles from where I was born and raised. Both parents recently passed away so there's no reason to move back now.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
200 miles, but my hometown in Ashley, ND already had a guy that could fix furnaces..........then mom and dad moved away.....and no more reason to go back there.

sometimes I miss the small town stuff.......most of the time I am thankful to be away from the small town stuff.

smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About 4 blocks.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rooster7
This is interesting!

How about we add some more substance to this thread and say a few words about HOW and WHY we ended up where we did?

This could be UBER!

smile

I started moving west when I was two. I stopped when I got to the Pacific. Made the final move from MO to OR when I put my stuff in a hundred dollar convertible and walked away from a real bad marriage. Never looked back. Best thing I ever did.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
400 miles to my birthplace. If I had my way, and I soon shall, it will be 4400 miles.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I grew up in a small community on the western edge of the Shenandoah valley in VA. Spent my early years farming and working beef cattle in my home area and in Highland county VA just to the southwest.
In my early 20s I went to Montana to stay after some extended visits just out of school. I stayed for a few years going to school in Bozeman and spending the off time with some friends out in eastern MT hunting and working cattle. I greatly enjoyed my time in Montana and planed to stay but family obligations brought me back home. In that time I ended up with a wife and a son. Wifey has a great job at the local university and they boy would miss his grandparents and vice versa so I guess I'm back home to stay.

My family's home now is about 600 yards from the house I grew up in with my parents

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,271
Posts18,486,613
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.