Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
But when I do I get a clue why Dick Metcalf got himself into hot water....

just sayin'

Last edited by Klikitarik; 09/15/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
oh lordy did you go out to our borough range and witness the carnage and destruction by fools with firearms?

been many a day I've spent out there that I can glean why some folks are anti 2nd

idiots abound.

glad you survived the trip Mark

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hate a public range

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no range rules, no range officer

the range is provided free of charge, paid for by our borough taxes.

it's a pity some of the stuff that takes place there.

but I'm grateful we have one available.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you do realize the title of the thread says, "Re: I don't often go to a pubic range"

smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
oh lordy did you go out to our borough range and witness the carnage and destruction by fools with firearms?

laugh

Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
you do realize the title of the thread says, "Re: I don't often go to a pubic range"

smile

Woops! blush

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no worries Mark, don't know about you pard, but I don't get to the pubic range as often as I'd like these days either (grin)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
no worries Mark, don't know about you pard, but I don't get to the pubic range as often as I'd like these days either (grin)

DITTO!
But when I do, I really like to Bang away! smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I like when the range is busy because it affords me the opportunity to show off.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now, THAT's positive thinking, Trav.

We have a membership range on state land, and even so, I am effing amazed sometimes at the members we have, um, allowed to join. They have to be NRA members -- you'd think someone smart enough to join NRA and help pull the rights wagon would be clueder than the average schmoe -- but not even close to always.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DesertSandman

DITTO!

Classic, well played! grin

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DesertSandman

DITTO!

Lots of people do anything just to fit in! eek

Originally Posted by deflave
I like when the range is busy because it affords me the opportunity to show off.

Travis

You don't even have to be much good from what I've observed................. brave? Perhaps..... blush

(It appears than anything more precise than 'noise' will get one into the 1% club real quick.)

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That's why it's my favorite audience. They all suck so I look even more awesomer than usual.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My "public" range. Blasting rocks at 1000 yards.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have "volunteered" to be a range officer at our local public range which is jointly owned/operated by our club and Idaho Fish & Game. September and October are the busiest times of year as folks come out to sight in for hunting season so they desperately need the extra help.

We have to give 20 hours of service to the club each year as a condition of getting the key to the front gate, which then lets me shoot at all the times the public is NOT there, so it's well worth the effort.

Four, four hour shifts over yesterday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday morning of this coming weekend and Sunday morning the following weekend and another shift TBD in October.

Your thoughts and pears would be appreciated... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Last public range I went to had bullet holes in the roof and the support beams. Good luck!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
well at least ours is not the only one in that condition.

absolutely mind boggling that idiots shoot up our range

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I try to avoid the range the month before and during hunting season. Not just because it's crowded, because the once a year gang shows up.

Not a bad place to let the kids make empties during the off season

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The Pennsylvania Game Commision has a range open to the public near me. I have been hitting it quite a bit for the 300 yard range. I have yet to have a bad experience. Everyone is polite, practice good firearm safety, and friendly. There is no range officer, they do require you buy a permit or have a valid hunting license use it. One group was even nice enough to lend me their spotting scope when I was having trouble seeing the shots at 300.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I shoot at a private range that has too many members. A while back I had to chastise some older guys for standing around behind the firing line in a circle examining a Luger that had A CLOSED BOLT AND THE MAGAZINE WAS IN. They were passing it around and pointing it at each other. The range was "hot" but still... My experience has been that it's the old guys that have been around guns all their lives that are the ones who get the most careless and casual with guns.

Deus Juvat

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1234, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 1,927 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,873
Posts18,497,594
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.