Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by gitem_12
What DErby Dude is really saying is that if you put a Suppressor on a glock and use "standard" ammunition, it turns it into very loud Machinegun

I said nothing of the sort.

That was a parody of your theory on suppressors making guns Louder

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I wouldn't own a Glock. They are the most unsafe pistol I know. There are plenty of good striker pistols out there with real safeties.

Tell us more.

Does a Glock with a suppressor get even louder than a 1911 gets with a suppressor?

Yes cause it makes it full auto

I never said that either.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm pretty sure when it's suppressed it gets louder and when it's full auto it shoots slower. I talked to a retired Army Reserve SEAL Recon Sniper at the range one day and that's what he said.

And I didn't say that.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm pretty sure when it's suppressed it gets louder and when it's full auto it shoots slower. I talked to a retired Army Reserve SEAL Recon Sniper at the range one day and that's what he said.

Yea, but he probably fidn't know schiet cause he wasn't a cook

And I know I never said that.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
After shooting a 1911 all these years I'm sure I would shoot myself with a Glock as well.

So you shot yourself with your 1911?

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We know that you didn't say those things. We did.....duh.

But when we said them we were making fun of you, because of what you DID say about suppressors.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MOGC
After shooting a 1911 all these years I'm sure I would shoot myself with a Glock as well.

Quite right... now is that the guns fault or yours? Think hard... c'mon you can do it!

Not the gun's fault as such but the 1911 is much safer being a single action with a grip and thumb safety. Unless the gun is cocked it can't fire and when it is cocked it is locked.

Look I don't hate Glocks and people have a right, that I support, to own Glocks it's just that Glocks are unsafe guns and that's that.

If I decided to own a polymer gun and I have thought about it I like the FN FNX, possibly the Ruger SR45, or one of the Sig new striker models.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
DERBY, this is what you said

A word of caution if the purpose is to reduce the noise of a rifle, most likely a .223, inside of a building one would have to use sub-sonic ammo in order for the suppressor to be of much of an advantage.

And this

A rifle using standard velocity ammo with a suppressor tend to be louder than without the suppressor.

Then you said this

Inside of a building the noise with suppressor is even louder.

And then this

I asked a retired military sniper why that is so and he said the suppressor reduces noise down range but blows the noise back at the shooter.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MOGC

Quite right... now is that the guns fault or yours? Think hard... c'mon you can do it!

Not the gun's fault as such but the 1911 is much safer being a single action with a grip and thumb safety. Unless the gun is cocked it can't fire and when it is cocked it is locked.

Look I don't hate Glocks and people have a right, that I support, to own Glocks it's just that Glocks are unsafe guns and that's that.

If I decided to own a polymer gun and I have thought about it I like the FN FNX, possibly the Ruger SR45, or one of the Sig new striker models.

Glocks are no more "unsafe" then Sig Sauers, or DA revolvers

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Snyper
Hug, you can own "my" Glock. I'll take a real safety any day. Sig, FN, Ruger make far safer striker fired pistols than any Glock.

So how would a safety make a difference in this situation?
He pulled the trigger on a loaded gun while his hand was in front of the muzzle.

Here's a hint (It's NOT the gun's fault)

With my single action 1911 and the thumb safety on I can pull the trigger all I want and the firearm is not going to go boom nor when I holster it will anything coming into contact with the trigger cause it to go boom. Many of the polymer pistols have de-cockers and even thumb safeties as well. Glocks are just unsafe pistols especially for the neophytes. I would never own a Glock even if it was the last pistol on earth. After shooting a 1911 all these years I'm sure I would shoot myself with a Glock as well.

I've carried Glocks for almost 15 years, and have never had one discharge when it wasn't supposed to the pistol is not "unsafe". But operators sure can be

That's probably true. Because of the guns poor safety design it does require, it would seem, extra care in the safety area. It would also seem that younger people who have grown up with a plethora of modern pistols that weren't available to us old timers brought up on the 1911 would have a different safety mind set than us old timers.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Nope but I'm used to the operation of the 1911 a single action auto. I'm not use to the more modern double action autos that rely strictly on a double action heavy trigger pull for safety. To the best of my knowledge there were no striker fired autos in my day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nope but I'm used to the operation of the 1911 a single action auto. I'm not use to the more modern double action autos that rely strictly on a double action heavy trigger pull for safety. To the best of my knowledge there were no striker fired autos in my day.

but im guessing there were loads of double action revolvers....same principle...

i dont care for Glocks but lack of a safety aint the reason....i just dont care for how they feel in my hand...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Umm, so you're saying the adage to keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire is a new theory?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
derby doesn't spread some extra dumb-ass on his pancakes this morning.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
DERBY, this is what you said

A word of caution if the purpose is to reduce the noise of a rifle, most likely a .223, inside of a building one would have to use sub-sonic ammo in order for the suppressor to be of much of an advantage.

And this

A rifle using standard velocity ammo with a suppressor tend to be louder than without the suppressor.

Then you said this

Inside of a building the noise with suppressor is even louder.

And then this

I asked a retired military sniper why that is so and he said the suppressor reduces noise down range but blows the noise back at the shooter.

Yup and I stand by what I did say. There are a lot of you tube videos out there that back up what I have said. I found one where someone was firing auto handguns inside the house to see how load they would be and the guns were load. Hickok45 was firing a full auto M-4 5.56 outdoors with a suppressor and he finally put ears back on because it was so load. He also fired Remington Model 700 .223 with a suppressor and did fire that without his ears but it was loud too.

If all I had for experience was you tube videos I might be skeptical to but suppressors are now legal in Montana and I have been to our range when people were using suppressors and it blew me away as to how load the guns were with suppressors. Autos firing sub sonic ammo such as the .45 Auto can be very quiet with a suppressor but rifles not so much. It appears that a suppressor will reduce noise by about 30 to 40 db which will still put super sonic ammo well over 100 db which will still destroy your hearing.

A suppressor on a weapon firing super sonic ammo inside an enclosed area is not going to reduce the noise level sufficiently enough to prevent hearing loss or damage.

I don't care what you guys do it's your hearing not mine. I'm just trying to help prevent hearing loss.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rattler

but im guessing there were loads of double action revolvers....same principle...

i dont care for Glocks but lack of a safety aint the reason....i just dont care for how they feel in my hand...

Double action revolvers tend to have very heavy double action trigger pulls usually in the 12 to 15 pound range. My wife's model 34 kit gun has to have a trigger pull in the 8 to 10 pound range maybe even heavier.

I understand the double action trigger pull on a Glock is around 5.5 pounds which is pretty light if that's the case for that to be the safety on pistol. I would not want a double action revolver to have that light of pull in double action.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup and I stand by what I did say. There are a lot of you tube videos out there that back up what I have said.

You said that a suppressor makes the gun louder than without it. Show us the videos DD.

You're too stupid to know how stupid you are.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Umm, so you're saying the adage to keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire is a new theory?

That's not a new theory but having to worry about how one holster's an auto is pretty new at least to a 1911 shooter. I've never had to worry about my 1911 firing accidentally as I put a cocked and locked 1911 into it's holster. I don't think the Glock has a grip safety either but I could be wrong.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Blue, I just watched both of those videos.

You can distinctly tell the difference between a suppressed rifle and one unsuppressed, just as most of is already know. DERBY needs to not watch so much Hollywood

DERBYDUDE

Yes, the Glock trigger pull is standard at 5.5 pounds. However, unless you depress the toggle on the trigger, you can pull until the cows come home and it won't go off, the pull weight is insidnicifant, the fact that a Glock will not fire unless you pull the trigger is not

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup and I stand by what I did say. There are a lot of you tube videos out there that back up what I have said.

You said that a suppressor makes the gun louder than without it. Show us the videos DD.

You're too stupid to know how stupid you are.

Just call up you tube there tons of them out there. To me at least the guns did seem louder when super sonic ammo was used.

I'm glad I'm too stupid to know how stupid I am because at 67 I still have plenty of hearing left.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (1OntarioJim, 320090T, 7887mm08, 257 roberts, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 18 invisible), 1,107 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,144
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.