Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Post #91752188
Originally Posted by derby_dude
A rifle using standard velocity ammo with a suppressor tend to be louder than without the suppressor. I asked a retired military sniper why that is so and he said the suppressor reduces noise down range but blows the noise back at the shooter.

Yup and I stand by what I did say. There are a lot of you tube videos out there that back up what I have said.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Umm, so you're saying the adage to keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire is a new theory?

That's not a new theory but having to worry about how one holster's an auto is pretty new at least to a 1911 shooter. I've never had to worry about my 1911 firing accidentally as I put a cocked and locked 1911 into it's holster. I don't think the Glock has a grip safety either but I could be wrong.

I must be extremely lucky them. Ive holstered/unholstered Glocks for almost 15 years and never has the gun gone off when reholstering...the gun isn't unsafe

I've seen more people shoot themselves and have Nd's with 1911's than anything else

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Blue, I just watched both of those videos.

You can distinctly tell the difference between a suppressed rifle and one unsuppressed, just as most of is already know. DERBY needs to not watch so much Hollywood

DERBYDUDE

Yes, the Glock trigger pull is standard at 5.5 pounds. However, unless you depress the toggle on the trigger, you can pull until the cows come home and it won't go off, the pull weight is insidnicifant, the fact that a Glock will not fire unless you pull the trigger is not

Well I have to get going but I agree about Hollywood. Until I actually got near a suppressor I always thought all you got was a poof. I was surprised that hearing protection was still needed with a suppressor.

That's the problem as I see it the toggle gets depressed more often than not with stuff getting into the trigger area. That's never going to happen with my 1911.

Look I don't care if people own and shoot Glocks I'm just not going to do either because I think the design is flawed.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Yup I saw that and look at the DB levels. Still unsafe without hearing protection even if I'm wrong on it being louder to the shooter than it seems.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If I remember correctly, doesn't a Ruger .22 automatic pistol (Mark I, 22/45 etc.) have to have its trigger pulled before you remove the slide?

"All I want is to enter my house justified."
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Yup and I stand by what I did say. There are a lot of you tube videos out there that back up what I have said.

You said that a suppressor makes the gun louder than without it. Show us the videos DD.

You're too stupid to know how stupid you are.

Just call up you tube there tons of them out there. To me at least the guns did seem louder when super sonic ammo was used.

I'm glad I'm too stupid to know how stupid I am because at 67 I still have plenty of hearing left.

Nobody said you were stupid, I doubt there's more than one or two people that are even thinking it

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who is Hickok45?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GeoW
Who is Hickok45?

A youtube super star.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
DD, Not all of us that are 67 y/o are incapable of, or unwilling to learn.
I did learn more than 60 years ago to: open ears, shut mouth, pay attention to those who have knowledge and you can learn. It is never too late to improve yourself. Give a Glock 23 and AIWB carry some consideration.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nope but I'm used to the operation of the 1911 a single action auto. I'm not use to the more modern double action autos that rely strictly on a double action heavy trigger pull for safety.

I currently carry a Glock 19, but, to this day, one of my alltime favorite carry guns is still a 3 or 4 inch alloy frame 1911 (I'm particularly partial to Kimbers). Over the years, I've carried 5 & 6 shot snubnose revolvers, all appropriately sized Glock models, several S&W semi-autos, and numerous subcompact all the way up to full size 1911s. I've carried in my pocket, inside the waist, outside the waist (once it got more crowded inside), in fanny packs, belly bands, and in gun vests. Some had manual safeties, some didn't, but I never counted on a safety to prevent an accidental/negligent discharge. To do so is foolhardy, as any mechanical device can/will fail. The only foolproof method of avoiding an accidental discharge is to KEEP YOUR FINGER (or anything else) AWAY FROM THE TRIGGER.

Last edited by HilhamHawk; 09/18/14.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I believe the average ear muffs reduce 32db. According to the video the numbers are similar with a suppressor.

Last edited by jac3k; 09/18/14.

"The world breaks everyone,and afterward, some are strong at the broken places"
Hemingway
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jac3k
I believe the average ear muffs reduce 32db. According to the video the numbers are similar with a suppressor.

Shhhh.... You're gonna confuse people with logic

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
derby is and always has been a fugging idiot.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who is Hickok45?

A youtube super star.

Is he that one that shoots soda pop cans and knows everything about guns?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Who is Hickok45?

A youtube super star.

Is he that one that shoots soda pop cans and knows everything about guns?

Yes

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Does this equation make sense to you guys;

Glock = Box-fed double-action revolver

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Ed

No.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thank you for clearing that up.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Ed

You sure it isn't Glock= box fed loudly suppressed machine gun?

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

220 members (1OntarioJim, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 320090T, 257 roberts, 3dtestify, 21 invisible), 1,160 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,161
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.