Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
You forgot - no Michele and chicks globetrotting on our dime, of course, some of our pals think that's just fine. wink

PS. You do know Romney wouldn't have been perfect, right. whistle

Last edited by eyeball; 09/20/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Holder would not be AG ( of course you guys like him. He gives you something to talk about).

true

- Benghazi and aftermath.(Would never have happened the way it did, if at all).

unknown

-You wouldn't have Congressional investigations into IRS and Fast and Furious stonewalled by the present regime.

true

-A better foreign policy,as opposed to one so convoluted no one can make sense of it.

unknown
-You'd have a President who listens to his military advisers.

unknown. romney has zero military experience.
-Less golf.

unknown

-Fewer expensive vacations for the First Lady.

probably
- You'd have a pipeline.

probably
-You'd have an economy hustling toward real recovery,because Romney knows how to run a business and make things "work". You guys might not be part of the private sector so don't give a shidt about that stuff.

unknown, if Massachusetts is an example
-An intelligent corporate tax policy instead of this abortion we live with while American companies flee off shore.

unknown Ryan voted against the balanced budget amendment
- The threat (soon to become reality)of an executive order legalizing millions of illegal aliens,would not be a present reality.

unknown. The romney family has ties in mexico, and again Ryan is pro amnesty

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobinNH

Off the top of my head.here's some stuff that might have been different:

-Holder would not be AG ( of course you guys like him. He gives you something to talk about).

-You wouldn't have Congressional investigations into IRS and Fast and Furious stonewalled by the present regime.

-A better foreign policy,as opposed to one so convoluted no one can make sense of it.

-Less golf.

- You'd have a pipeline.

-You'd have an economy hustling toward real recovery,because Romney knows how to run a business and make things "work". You guys might not be part of the private sector so don't give a shidt about that stuff.

-An intelligent corporate tax policy instead of this abortion we live with while American companies flee off shore.

- The threat (soon to become reality)of an executive order legalizing millions of illegal aliens,would not be a present reality.

Hi Bob.
You forgot a 50 state Exemption for obocare.

Im looking for someone who can beat Hillery.
In my mind thats what it boils down to.
It took Reagan 3 tries.
Why not Romney.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I want somebody to win for my side and beat the liberals.

Mitt Romney is a good person. I like him.

Here he is at the NRA.

[Linked Image]

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
First, Sherp is a troll.

Second, no matter how much TRH and I don't like each other, he voted for Romney and that card can't be played on him.

All your talking points but Benghazi are correct and discussed during the primaries and general election before hand.

Benghazi happened sept 11 2012 before the election.

Some of us have been talking about this stuff since the 2009.

Kent

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Here's why Romney lost...

He had 206 electorals and needed 270.

Florida went to Obama 50/49 +74,309.... 29 electorals
Ohio went to Obama 51/48 +166,214... 18
Virgina went to Obama 51/47 +149,298... 13

Then you only need one of these...

NH 52/46
IA 52/46
CO 51/46
NV 52/46

That's less than a half million votes total.

These are winnable states with the right strategy and candidate. But we aren't in charge of the GOP, all we can do is hit the red button once, then blame each other for failure.

Bless our hearts...

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
And some folks actually discuss the strengths/weaknesses of each candidate during the primaries and before the general. And also the ramifications of what may happen if the party or opposition wins.

That way there's not much surprise when chit goes to hell in a hand basket.

Kent

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by eyeball
You forgot - no Michele and chicks globetrotting on our dime, of course, some of our pals think that's just fine. wink

PS. You do know Romney wouldn't have been perfect, right. whistle

Of course!

Me?....I want Ted Cruz and Alan West. smile

But you have to play the hand you're dealt. If you fold (don't vote)you're out of the game and your money's gone. Those that did in 2012 handed the country Obama for a second term....while they stood on their "principles".....Congratulations! They are no better than those who voted "Obama".

You might not like the people who handed you Romney (Republican Establishment)...fine,neither do I,so vote them out, too. But this takes time.It doesn't just "happen" and Voila! you have your candidate.

All those "unknowns" that Watch4bear noted? I am a betting man; you look at background,family values, pedigree, professional accomplishments....he may be a bit "left leaning", but he is no where near in the same category as an Obama and Clinton. Romney actually worked, built things, had more common sense by the time he was 12 than Obama and Clinton have combined today.

Obama is going to hand us more crap that would never have occurred under a Romney Administration.....watch. It's gonna come and come hard. He's just waiting for the mid terms to pass before he dumps it on us. Would never have happened under a Romney Administration.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
It's astounding that in the sixth year of the most desperate times of our generation... some are just now grasping the severity of the situation.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by sherp
You can love Romney or hate him...but if anyone feels the country is better off with the crew of hoodlums that run this country now,instead of Romney, you have to be pretty damned stupid.

Sometimes life boils down to some pretty bad choices. At those times you just have to hold your nose and cowboy up.

Yep, we could have a semi-auto ban and socialized meds scheme you and I could both support if we had just got Romney in.
laugh Cracking me up. Funny because it's true.

You Boys amuse easily.... smile

You must be among those political savants who are so sophisticated, you stayed home election night in 2012. You were too busy out smarting yourselves. wink

Off the top of my head.here's some stuff that might have been different:

-Holder would not be AG ( of course you guys like him. He gives you something to talk about).

-Less golf.

- You'd have a pipeline.

I could go on. Think you get my drift.

You guys really registered to vote? Just wondering.... confused

I'm no big Romney supporter, but if you can't see a substantive difference between him and Obama,you need to rethink.

Stop applying logic Bob, you will only confuse the masses with facts. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by krp
Here's why Romney lost...

He had 206 electorals and needed 270.

Florida went to Obama 50/49 +74,309.... 29 electorals
Ohio went to Obama 51/48 +166,214... 18
Virgina went to Obama 51/47 +149,298... 13

Then you only need one of these...

NH 52/46
IA 52/46
CO 51/46
NV 52/46

That's less than a half million votes total.

These are winnable states with the right strategy and candidate. But we aren't in charge of the GOP, all we can do is hit the red button once, then blame each other for failure.

Bless our hearts...

Kent

This is what I have been saying over and over.
Hope you have better luck than I did.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
This is what I have been saying over and over.
Hope you have better luck than I did.

I won't...

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yesterday Glenn Beck said Romney would be a great president. I wasn't expecting to hear that.

Both Mormons.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Me?....I want Ted Cruz and Alan West. smile

I'd be down with that ticket. Send em some money to campaign with also. Would the left leaning GOP allow it to happen? I think not. Maybe thats why they're broke.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...-Candidates-Not-Getting-Enough-Donations

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I had hoped the GOP would have learned from '08 that they need to cultivate young charismatic republicans into leadership and the spotlight. Groom them for presidential runs.

But no, more of the same for 2012.

You would have thought they learned from 2012 and we would have some rising stars making noise.

But no, the GOP went to Carl Rove in a brilliant move of suppressing the Tea party candidates and promote the old guard.

Everything else is just noise besides this... those four states have to be won, not just some... all. The established red states will vote red for Romney or a Cruz/West/ect... the four states may vote red for a new look republican but won't for the same old white baby boomer.

It's that simple yet that far away from our reach.

Kent

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Well, we got the fuggin 'anyone'.
No, we got anyTHING.

Happy to see no one learned a frigging thing after the last election. Idiots abound. Worse than liberals, they are. At least liberals don't claim to be conservative and then elect liberals by omission.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by sherp
You can love Romney or hate him...but if anyone feels the country is better off with the crew of hoodlums that run this country now,instead of Romney, you have to be pretty damned stupid.

Sometimes life boils down to some pretty bad choices. At those times you just have to hold your nose and cowboy up.

Yep, we could have a semi-auto ban and socialized meds scheme you and I could both support if we had just got Romney in.
laugh Cracking me up. Funny because it's true.
Not true at all and I'd love to crack up anyone who stayed home in 2012. God would I love to.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Iowa is the traditional must have forth state, it went 822,544 to 730,617...

you have permission to kick 91,927 asses.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
We are in a death match here and the GOP leadership is walking in the dark whistling to keep the boogyman at bay.

While the opposition has already cut the legs out from underneath and ready to cut the head off.

This is just a one knife cut we are up against... where's the GOP game plan?

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/...tory/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

Labor Unions Claim Credit for Obama�s Victory

In a news conference Wednesday, Richard Trumka, the A.F.L.-C.I.O.�s president, said that without the huge push by the nation�s labor unions, Mr. Obama never would have won Ohio, Wisconsin and Nevada � and their combined 34 electoral votes.

�We did deliver those states,� Mr. Trumka said. �Without organized labor, none of those states would have been in the president�s column.�

A.F.L.-C.I.O. officials said that during the last four days of the campaign, union members and their community partners contacted 800,000 voters in Ohio alone, as part of what they said were 10.7 million door knocks and phone calls made nationwide by the federation�s 56 unions. Moreover, the Service Employees International Union said that its members alone knocked on 5 million doors, including 3.7 million in battleground states.

�We had 100,000 volunteers across the country in the final days,� said Mary Kay Henry, the S.E.I.U. president.

Sixty percent of voters from union households in Ohio voted for Mr. Obama, higher than the 50 percent that Mr. Obama received over all from Ohio voters, according to exit polls that had not been completed. Union households accounted for 22 percent of Ohio�s voters. In Wisconsin, voters from union households made up 21 percent of the electorate, and they voted for Mr. Obama over Mr. Romney, 66 percent to 33 percent.

Fifty-eight percent of voters from union households nationwide backed Mr. Obama and 40 percent supported Mr. Romney, according to the exit polls.

Michael Podhorzer, the labor federation�s political director, said organized labor�s newfound ability � made possible by the Citizens United decision � to knock on the doors of not just union members, but also those of nonunion workers, went far to explain why a significantly higher percentage of white working-class voters in the battleground states where labor was most active voted for Mr. Obama than white working-class voters in nonbattleground states.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We'd either need circumstances of an extraordinary nature (terrorist act on our soil just prior to an election), scandal or a dynamic leader capable of bringing everyone together for the GOP to win the White House , IMO

if you have, by Romney's own admission, 47% of the people built into the population that isn't going to vote for you

until the GOP is prepared to address those people with some kind of solution instead of writing them off - then how can the GOP expect to ever get anywhere in national elections?

That 47% is convinced that as soon as a GOP candidate is in the White House, they will be ignored and left to fend for themselves in civil rights, job creation, health care, etc.,

its possible that people are so fed up with Obama that they'll want to vote GOP, but Hillary has done a pretty decent job of casting herself as a democrat that doesn't align with Obama.

I just can't see people wanting a GOP candidate who just keeps rolling out the same tired lines about the GOP platform.

Maybe Cruz or Paul are fringe enough to pull it off, but a Romney/Cain/Santorum/Bachman/Huntsman/Christie would just be a retread

Last edited by KFWA; 09/22/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,885 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,957
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.