Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I reckon this is the worst I have to deal with....grin
maybe 79s should try it. only an hour away.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

HR IC

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsman22

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Man you are lucky man for sure. 1. You don't live in the rat race of Colorado Springs, 2.have a sweet shooting range... An hour away give me directions smile again you are lucky man.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You want backroad or pavement directions?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The bishes rubbed off the crossbar of the 400 yarder. You'll have to put it back up.....

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
79S. Look into Ben Lomond Gun Club. We have a 560 acre place north of Ramah. It's a ways out but safe and you want run into as many crazies. Best if you shoot during the week though. See BLgc.org for Chapeter meeting places.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks guys I go to verify loads or work up load data, not shoot the [bleep] out of targets with whatever. Oh and the guys that still fumble with guns during a cease fire kills me as well. One day some poor sap is going to get shot in the ol ass and say good bye to the cheyenne mtn shootign complex cause Fort Carson will shut it When I leave the rso go leaving already I'm like yeah I'm done some of these folsk scare me. Liek yesterday some ladies shootign next to me gun would fail to feed she would turn it towards the guy on the next bench I was like wtf. I also like to set up a chronograph and not play 50 question survey either.

Last edited by 79S; 09/29/14.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Either one will be fine smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've related this story a couple times but it's been quite awhile.

Belonged to the largest gun club in this area for quite awhile. Got tired of the yahoos who acted like complete idiots on the range so I tried to shoot on weekdays when possible.

One day I show up at the 100 yard range and no one is there so I set up at one of the 20+ shooting benches away from the center so as to have some room if someone else shows up.

Wouldn't you know it, some a-hole shows up with a plastic rifle and sets up on a bench right next to me! And he has his 11 or 12 year old kid with him who he isn't watching at all.

In spite of his brass showering me every time he shoots, I try to get back to working up a load for my rifle. I look through my scope and just as I'm about to put pressure on the trigger I see something move through my scope. I quickly look up and the A-hole's kid has run out in front of my bench during live fire and picked up some of dad's brass just as I was about to fire. Would have taken off the top half of his head. I was so darned shook up, I quickly went over and gave the A-hole a very large piece of my mind and called him a few choice words regarding his parenting skills.
Packed up and never went back to that range and cancelled my membership. This was just one of many problems I had at that range during my time of membership. It just seemed to be getting more and more frequent as time went on and membership was rising.

Most of the free public land ranges around here have closed due to a-holes shooting up everything in sight- garbage cans, fence posts, portable bathrooms, etc.... Probably just too stupid or cheap to bring their own targets...

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At a public range in CA, I was downrange during a ceasefire, and a boy ~8yo sits at the bench at fires a .22 downrange. His dad and another adult were BS-ing and not watching the kid. I told the father teaching kids was good, but he needed to pay attention.

The rangemaster, who was BS-ing in the clubhouse, instead of supervising, came out & ripped the father a new butthole. About 5 minutes too late, of course frown

glad I moved.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A crowded morning at our range...

[Linked Image]

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That allows just about everybody in Wyoming to shoot all at once, doesn't it.?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 79S

Either one will be fine smile

You need to wait until I can go and take me along!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The place I shoot at occasionally, has it' share of idiots, for sure, but they run a pretty tight ship. When the range is called cold for target inspection, putting up new, or whatever, the benches are vacant. Folks not interested on going down range are instructed to step back from the benches until everyone is back in place. I'm a little slower than I used to be, so I take a spotter to look the target(s) over.

My biggest gripe is that over the years I have come about some nice rifles that the average younger shooter doesn't recognize. Some are custom.,with a little engraving. Some are just something one does not see every day. One of those is a heavy barrel Marlin 336 in .219 Zipper. I thought they wouldn't notice, but even the RSO got into the 20 questions game. Puts a lot of pressure on the old guy behind the trigger, but so far I have survived. Yes, I know, I should expect that.

Then one day I pulled out a Blaser Prestige with two barrels. That one all but shut down the range. I had swapped some scopes around and just wanted to set the sights.

The best time to go is mid week when the 8-5 crowd is at work. My kids own a good bit of country, so I usually wait and take a portable set up out there. But three or five hours is too far to go just to shoot one in.

Like others, with the mentioned one exception, I have given up on public ranges. Just too many pray and spray types. I have a Mini-14, but I don't recall ever going out with other than a 5 round magazine. We usually take a loaded 20 rounder along to the ranch in case we jump a herd of hogs.

Good shooting,

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
yetti, it's longish walk to paint gongs. We'll let you ride the fourwheeler to do it, in light of your present affliction....grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't have to deal with idiots out here. But it pisses me the heck off, to have to go out and shoo the cows away from rubbing on the 4,5,6 and 700 yard gongs.....

grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eh76, that's not fair! cry grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I was just looking at a piece of property that borders the national forest. There sure are some idiots out there now days. No wonder they want to take our guns away..

Ah [bleep] folks with pistols the worse. Failure to feed turn pistol sideways pointed my direction ah [bleep] going to meet my maker at the shooting range. When I see that I get up and take a break.

That and the AR guys. Pray and spray buddy, pray and spray!!!

The ones that piss me off the most are the AK crowd...

They spray cheap Foreign ammo, and don't even bother praying...

they just wanna get their rocks off, hearing the fast boomboomboom....raining brass on everyone to their right, and turning brand new target stands into tooth picks at 10 yds...

then leave their brass and trash all over the place and pack up and go home, letting someone else clean up after them...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sweet Keith!

we have a decent local range... but right now, it is a week before hunting season... so this time of year it is a real zoo as the locals come in and pay their $7 range fee, to go out blasting with their new 700 Remchester Magnum.. clueless to safety procedures or range ettiquette.. and really don't GAF if they do or don't...

just safer to stay away 2 to 3 weeks before hunting season.. especially on the weekends...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
yetti, it's longish walk to paint gongs. We'll let you ride the fourwheeler to do it, in light of your present affliction....grin

As soon as I'm up or it, I'll let you know!!

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We used to have a (pretty big for a) heeler who would have loved that job. He would have been quite proud to keep all them bossies down at the far corner of the pasture as long as you needed him to.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

445 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 40 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,168
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.