-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Snyper's argument doesn't hold water, the same can and does happen at normal ranges, so what is it he is trying to prve?

It's far MORE likely to happen as distance increases, and yet many here keep trying to say it never happens, and they never miss.

How can what I said "not hold water" when you just said the same thing yourself?

The type of guns I own has nothing to do with anything I've said, so asking for pictures of them is just a pointless diversion by those who have yet to disprove anything I've really said.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Morning dumbfugg!

You should take some pretend cash and buy a pretend bow and go sit in a pretend deer stand next time you pretend to go outdoors. Get back to me on how "likely" the animal is to move when you pretend to see it.

And don't forget that camera!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Snyper
['

The type of guns I own has nothing to do with anything I've said, so asking for pictures of them is just a pointless diversion by those who have yet to disprove anything I've really said.

If you don't own a long range rig, then you don't shoot long range. If you don't shoot long range, you have no experience upon which to base your opinion.

It's really simple.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
['

If you don't own a long range rig, then you don't shoot long range. If you don't shoot long range, you have no experience upon which to base your opinion.

It's really simple.

Exactly, in fact very simple.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
There have always been those who oppose the idea of shooting at
animals at long distances. Most of the arguments against it revolve around the same topic, wounding the animal. Most of the
dialog comes from well meaning people who actualy know very little about the subject. Others are control types who feel their
views on things is what we should all follow. Im in my 80th year
walking around this planet. This season will be my 68th hunting
the steep mountains of N. C. PA. For the last 45 of those years
ive been hunting by long range only. My only regret is all the
years it took for me to start doing it. Their are hundreds of others who hunt long range in this region. Many of the deer are
killed by kids or first timers. The same mountain chain runs all
the way south to georgia. I'll invite Snyper to visit me and i'll
show him how wrong he is and why.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

What happens in bowhunting has nothing to do with this

Ummm. Sure buddy. Don't want to go there do you? Because it makes your crusade seem extraordinarily stupid? All of us know it is already...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IF time of flight is such an issue with LRH, then it is a HUGE issue with archery.
That being said, a hunter whether stick & string or gun can pretty much tell what an animal is going to do (calm or alert).

Couple of things about archery though is, that animal either knows something is around (sometimes) and is already on alert and or hears the bow firing. Neither is the case with LRH.

what do you think the chances of the deer moving such that your bullet misses the vitals are?

A deer can move enough in half a second to make it a wound instead of a kill.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It's really simple.

I see no valid reason to drag my guns out of the safe, take pictures, load them on Photobucket, then load them here, just a couple of dipshits can say, "Well that doesn't prove anything"

You can't refute what I said, so you just want to divert the topic to something meaningless

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That being said, a hunter whether stick & string or gun can pretty much tell what an animal is going to do (calm or alert)

You mean "guess and hope", not "tell".
The "pretty much" afirms that point

IF time of flight is such an issue with LRH, then it is a HUGE issue with archery.

Time of flight is just one variable.

Last edited by Snyper; 10/01/14.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nothing is sure in this life as I am sure you hopefully understand.
To say I am 100% sure am animal is going to do something or not do something would be foolish and full of arrogance.
But experience in the field hunting animals with a bow and with handguns and with rifles you learn a lot about animals behavior when they are acting a certain way.
I am very willing to shoot a bedded animal (and have done so several times) when I am hunting with a handgun or a rifle.
Do you have a problem with that shooting a bedded animal?
Several on here have a lot of years of experience hunting and for some reason I am curious to know about you.
In your desire to show how wrong it is to hunt the way that I do, you are ultimately shooting yourself and your foot. What ends up happening in your posts in all reality is just providing a good education for those who are lurking to know that it is not a bad thing when responsible men and women take to the field probably equipped and properly skilled to hunt animals at distance.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't shoot longrange, mostly because I have had the chance to kill animals closer by. I would love to get experienced at long range shooting and hunting, but my time and budget are limited, so I can't do much of it.
What it is ethical or not depends on how trained you are and how capable your combination or equipment and shooter are.
Some people I would not trust with a shot at 30yd despite good equipment. I have also seen shots on moving hogs, with kentucky holding and windage on 4x in the middle of the night, and connect solidly, of course the guy was a sniper instructor among other things.
I have no problem with people shooting long range provided they have the training and skill to make shots count, whether it is 200yds or 1k.
As a side comment on animal movement, observing animals can show if they are on the move, about to move or not. Standing there grazing or bedded is not the same as lazily making their way.
I Peru I get the chance to shoot at 100s of doves flying at cruise speed of 50+mph or with the afterburners on, enough experience and you kill em very dead with the adequate lead. Same applies to rifle, bow or spear throwing, know your capabilities and your equipment.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I do have a camera [Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sponxx
I do have a camera [Linked Image]

Hey! Were those things moving when you shot them?

LOL

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by xphunter
Nothing is sure in this life as I am sure you hopefully understand.
To say I am 100% sure am animal is going to do something or not do something would be foolish and full of arrogance.
But experience in the field hunting animals with a bow and with handguns and with rifles you learn a lot about animals behavior when they are acting a certain way.

I am very willing to shoot a bedded animal (and have done so several times) when I am hunting with a handgun or a rifle.
Do you have a problem with that shooting a bedded animal?

Several on here have a lot of years of experience hunting and for some reason I am curious to know about you.

In your desire to show how wrong it is to hunt the way that I do, you are ultimately shooting yourself and your foot.

What ends up happening in your posts in all reality is just providing a good education for those who are lurking to know that it is not a bad thing when responsible men and women take to the field probably equipped and properly skilled to hunt animals at distance.

I'm not the one who brought "bedded animals" into the conversation. That's just one of the pointless tangents that have nothing to do with what I really said

I've been hunting for over 50 years.
Is that long enough for you?

I never once said it was "wrong"
That is yet another dramatization of what I really stated

Maybe you should go back and read my first post, and don't get all defensive about it

As to your last paragraph, everyone thinks THEY are "responsible and properly equipped", whether they really are or not

I bet Safariman thinks his ass shot bear was "responsible", and he was "properly equipped" too

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

It's really simple.

I see no valid reason to drag my guns out of the safe, take pictures, load them on Photobucket, then load them here, just a couple of dipshits can say, "Well that doesn't prove anything"

You can't refute what I said, so you just want to divert the topic to something meaningless

Yes, I can refute what you said. By showing that your opinion has no basis.

In fact, it's done.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'll file you in the 1 year of experience 50 times category and move on.

Go project your inadequacies on some other group of people who are more likely to buy into your bullshit.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yes, I can refute what you said. By showing that your opinion has no basis.

In fact, it's done.

Only in your mind.
Not in reality

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by heavywalker
I'll file you in the 1 year of experience 50 times category and move on.

Go project your inadequacies on some other group of people who are more likely to buy into your bullshit.

LOL
Another psychic, who knows all about m.
I'll pretend I care what you think if it makes you happy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll pretend....

Why not pretend like no one on the long range forum cares what you post?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You sure showed us, go climb up your elevated blind in your [bleep] bean field and notch another year in your experience belt.

You go girl!

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (AnthonyB, alwaysoutdoors, 160user, 35, 10ring1, 7887mm08, 13 invisible), 1,475 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,888
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.