Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Ringman
I'll pretend....

Why not pretend like no one on the long range forum cares what you post?

Oh, she does a lot of pretending.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by smokepole

Yes, I can refute what you said. By showing that your opinion has no basis.

In fact, it's done.

Only in your mind.
Not in reality

"Only in your mind?"

That's where your expertise resides. In fact, your expertise is legendary there.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm glad to hear you don't think it is wrong.
Defensive? That made me smile.

FWIW-Who and how is it determined who is "responsible and properly equipped?"
Please explain.

I never once said it was "wrong"
That is yet another dramatization of what I really stated

Maybe you should go back and read my first post, and don't get all defensive about it

As to your last paragraph, everyone thinks THEY are "responsible and properly equipped", whether they really are or not

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted By: Ringman
Quote:
I'll pretend....

Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by Ringman
I'll pretend....

Oh, she does a lot of pretending.

You choose to read it.
Don't whine about it when you do

Childish insults show just how mature you are

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm glad to hear you don't think it is wrong.
Defensive? That made me smile.

Please explain.

Yes, defensive, as evidenced by your replies

Most think they are "responsible and properly equipped" whether they are or not.

It's your phrase, not mine, so it's not up to me to explain it.

With all the name calling and insults, no one has been able to show where anything I stated is incorrect.

They are just all whining because they don't like any opinion not matching theirs

Last edited by Snyper; 10/01/14.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

They are just all whining because they don't like any opinion not matching theirs

That's not it. "They" don't like any opinion that's not backed up with experience. Or any other basis.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
So a guy with a LR username hangs out in the long range hunting forum and bashes long range and the guys that are adept at it. mtmuley

Last edited by mtmuley; 10/01/14.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Don't let Take a Pee take you guys too far.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mtmuley
So a guy with a LR username hangs out in the long range hunting forum and bashes long range and the guys that are adept at it. mtmuley

Evidently you didn't read what I really said either.
I'm not surprised though.

It's easier to make it about me than to admit what I REALLY SAID is true.

I hope you all shoot better than you read

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Why do you pretend you were a sniper?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Why do you pretend you were a sniper?
Travis

I never have.
Why do you lie?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Typically to get out of a bad situation.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Typically to get out of a bad situation.
Travis

So lying about me to divert the topic gets you out of havng to admit what I have said is true.

I think I'll just put you back on ignore since it's pointless to attempt a rational conversation with an admitted liar

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote]I

Please explain.[/quote

Still looking for your explanation of what is responsible and what are the limits: right and wrong as far as distance on game?

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What you said is not true. Prove that it is. The onus is not on everybody else to disprove your wild claims, but on you to prove and support them with evidence and reasonable logic. Unfortunately reason and logic are typically the result of experience, which is something you haven't given us any reason to believe that you have, so your claims are without credibility or authority. How many animals have you killed beyond 400 yards? How often to you shoot targets beyond that distance? Do you own any purpose-built rifles set up for LR shooting?

On average, long-range shooters put more time, primers, and preparation into LR shots, and miss or wound less than average-Joe short-range shooters who shoot a couple boxes of ammo a year and take whatever shot they are offered, including running shots. These same average-Joe shooters tend not to wound at long range, they miss entirely. To use a line from your book- prove me wrong. But try using reason and evidence this time. I'll agree with you that most self-proclaimed LR shooters are over-equipped and under-prepared, as are most average Joe hunters, but there is a group of proficient LR shooters, and many of them hang out in this very forum.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
So lying about me to divert the topic gets you out of havng to admit what I have said is true.

I think I'll just put you back on ignore since it's pointless to attempt a rational conversation with an admitted liar

No, no you silly goose. I have no need to lie about you. I already know you're a twerp with a receding hairline that never hunts.

But you asked why I lie. And like most people, I do it to get out of bad situations.

KILLER pics!

Travis

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

On average, long-range shooters put more time, primers, and preparation into LR shots, and miss or wound less than average-Joe short-range shooters who shoot a couple boxes of ammo a year and take whatever shot they are offered, including running shots. These same average-Joe shooters tend not to wound at long range, they miss entirely. To use a line from your book- prove me wrong. But try using reason and evidence this time.

Jordan, you are an experienced guy, that is inarguable to me. I will have to respectfully disagree with you on this. It seems that with most LR guys I read here on the fire, they fail to admit that they are totally at the mercy of the wind no matter how much ammo they burn. My buddies up in the TX Panhandle personally see the best snipers in the world shoot steel, targets, and prarie dogs, at extended ranges past 1000m. The ever present, inconsistent wind wreaks havoc with the very best shooters in the world, as they often time, very often, miss the mark the first shot or two, due to not being able to figure the dope, obviously. If it happens to these guys, it happens to any LR shooter anywhere. That's my reason for not totally drinking the koolaid. Now, when there's little to no wind, or a consistent wind (seldom), different story. You don't want these guys shooting at you no matter what.

There is no way to prove if LR shooters wound more or less than regular shooters, no way. Also, exactly none of these snipers are using conventional (Swaro, Leica, Zeiss, Leupy, Nikon, Bushy, etc) rangefinders. They also shoot as a team. There's not one guy "swagging it" like lots of LR hunting wannabes do. The wind dictates the result, every single time.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wind has always been the Achilles heel of LR hunting and shooting.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I am shooting further, I am more relaxed or calm, than when archery hunting and the animal is right up on me. I have to work harder to get in "shoot mode" and stay calm when close up.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

On average, long-range shooters put more time, primers, and preparation into LR shots, and miss or wound less than average-Joe short-range shooters who shoot a couple boxes of ammo a year and take whatever shot they are offered, including running shots. These same average-Joe shooters tend not to wound at long range, they miss entirely. To use a line from your book- prove me wrong. But try using reason and evidence this time.

Jordan, you are an experienced guy, that is inarguable to me. I will have to respectfully disagree with you on this. It seems that with most LR guys I read here on the fire, they fail to admit that they are totally at the mercy of the wind no matter how much ammo they burn. My buddies up in the TX Panhandle personally see the best snipers in the world shoot steel, targets, and prarie dogs, at extended ranges past 1000m. The ever present, inconsistent wind wreaks havoc with the very best shooters in the world, as they often time, very often, miss the mark the first shot or two, due to not being able to figure the dope, obviously. If it happens to these guys, it happens to any LR shooter anywhere. That's my reason for not totally drinking the koolaid. Now, when there's little to no wind, or a consistent wind (seldom), different story. You don't want these guys shooting at you no matter what.

There is no way to prove if LR shooters wound more or less than regular shooters, no way. Also, exactly none of these snipers are using conventional (Swaro, Leica, Zeiss, Leupy, Nikon, Bushy, etc) rangefinders. They also shoot as a team. There's not one guy "swagging it" like lots of LR hunting wannabes do. The wind dictates the result, every single time.

They are practicing and learning wind calls. I will only shoot at an animal at long using wind calls that I am sure of. Example if in Idaho shooting in up drafts and down draft that I am unfamiliar with I do not take that shot. Nothing forces me to shoot when uncertain.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (5sdad, Akhutr, Amos63, 673, 7mm_Loco, 14 invisible), 1,478 guests, and 859 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,870
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.