Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Naw, there is no police state. If you have the equipment you must use it.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/okra-mistaken-pot-mans-garden/nhbHW/

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Channel 2�s Carl Willis called the Georgia State Patrol, who operates the task force, for an explanation. They sent an evidence photo.

"We've not been able to identify it as of yet. But it did have quite a number of characteristics that were similar to a cannabis plant,� said Georgia State Patrol Capt. Kermit Stokes."

Uh,.....one possible identifier is that it has OKRA PODS GROWING ON THE PLANT..!

We're in serious trouble when LE can't determine Pot from Okra at a glance...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dayum, best take a match to the garden now, I guess...

pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Isn't this where the phrase "There otta be a law" started?

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
In 74 the base police at the Mayport, FL Navy Base raided a base housing garden and kicked the family out of housing and off the base. The Dad was at sea, as commanding officer of one of the carriers. So, here is a Navy Captain, a CO of a carrier relieved of duty and flown back to base, his family booted off base. He was pissed to say the least and it went downhill from there. It was his okra they had seized and it got worse when he went to the base police office and found pot growing in the flowers around the flag pole in front of the office. If I remember right there were a bunch of job openings the next day.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Not really seeing the problem with this one. The story is written pretty vague, but it appears that they spotted it in a flyover, and had units respond to the scene. Once close enough to identify the plants, the officers apologized and left.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Hell 25 years ago the okra police kicked The door on old, and I mean old, neighbor lady who lived down in the wilbarger creek bottom. Allegedly spotted by NG Huey flying to Camp Swift! Culprit= OKRA In garden!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In mid eighties one poor unsuspecting little old lady here had her flower beds uprooted by drug enforcement!
All her pretty red fowers turned out to be Opium poppies. The real thing!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If growing okra isn't illegal, it probably should be. smile

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Hell 25 years ago the okra police kicked The door on old, and I mean old, neighbor lady who lived down in the wilbarger creek bottom. Allegedly spotted by NG Huey flying to Camp Swift! Culprit= OKRA In garden!

I'm probably on the DEA watchlist then. I still have my stand of okra growing and producing. Over 8' tall now. Fried okra for lunch...

Wish the tomatoes were doing that well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
dwayne sounds like a troublemaker. i'd given him a good stick beatin' and trashed his house for him.

My diploma is a DD214
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I love okra but nobody else in my family does. There used to be a black food restaurant in town where I could go to get real okra and catfish. A lot of the professional football players ate there. Finally went away.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That danged okra.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DesertSandman
In mid eighties one poor unsuspecting little old lady here had her flower beds uprooted by drug enforcement!
All her pretty red fowers turned out to be Opium poppies. The real thing!

When my sis-in-law bought their 1890's Victorian house we were up there on a visit so we went to look at it, needed a lot of work but was solid.

The backyard garden was full of opium poppies and she and her husband damn near stroked when I told them what they were. They were ripped out and mulched that afternoon. Can you imagine what the Illinois police would have done if they spotted them!

Now mind you they were probably there for years as there was a high hedge around the yard but I about shat my pants when I saw them, must have been hundreds.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
This is exactly what happens when you give the government too much money!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Amen brother amen. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Several years ago, before I retired from a seed company, we were asked by the head office to grow a trial of castor beans. They're used in a number of medicines. Admittedly the leaves do have some resemblance to MJ. We made the mistake of planting them too close to the road and a number of people reported us to the cops. We had a couple visits from the county boys. They knew they weren't MJ at least. Both times they just a quick look and went on their way.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
This is exactly what happens when you give the government too much money!

A country will always be run either for its best and brightest or for its worst and weirdest.

Their own natural ability takes care of the best and brightest and a nation run for them requires a very little government.

Their own natural inability makes the worst and weirdest a huge burden and a nation run for them requires a very big government.

Those in government are no less its dependents than those on its programs or others under its protection.

If we demanded that we cease running America for its worst and weirdest, some drug addicts might OD and some drug cops might starve; but the rest of us would be more free, more prosperous, and geezers could garden any damn way that they pleased.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I love okra but nobody else in my family does. There used to be a black food restaurant in town where I could go to get real okra and catfish. A lot of the professional football players ate there. Finally went away.

Golden Rule Cafe? I believe it is still open if we're talking the same cafe. Just east of 7 Street.....near Banc1 ballpark and the Suns court.
Great chow.....Sir Charles and other sports players used to eat there.
I found it in the late 70's when downtown Phx was part of my patch.....back when the old vegetable/fruit warehouses were along Jefferson and the Suns office was a small building on Central and Monte Vista (?)....south of the U-Haul bldg.

Last edited by chapped_lips; 10/04/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pak
Isn't this where the phrase "There otta be a law" started?

No, schit from shinola..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (160user, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,652 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,304
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.