Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
What the heck is going on up there? We know you don't have any more, or worse, thugs living there than any other urban areas, and it ain't like "students" don't get themselves shot everywhere else.
_____

High school student, 18, dead after off-duty St Louis police officer shot at him 17 times - just 10 miles from where Michael Brown was killed

An off-duty officer, who has not been identified, shot and killed high school student Vonderrit Myers Jr. last night in Shaw, Missouri
Myers and two other men had fled when they saw the officer approach them and a chase and a scuffle ensued, police said
Myers shot at the officer three times before the cop pulled out his own gun and shot at the teenager 17 times - killing him, police said
But his family members insist the teenager was unarmed and said: 'It's like Michael Brown all over again'

An 18-year-old man has died after an off-duty police officer shot at him 17 times - just miles from where unarmed teen Michael Brown was gunned down by a cop in August.

Police said that Vonderrit Myers Jr. first opened fire on the unidentified 32-year-old officer in Shaw, Missouri, which is less than 10 miles from Ferguson, where Brown was shot dead on August 9.

The officer, who is a six-year veteran of the force, was in a car working a secondary job for a private security company when he saw three males in the street, St Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson said in an early-morning press conference.

As he approached them, one of them started to run away, so the officer did a U-turn and then all three ran, Dotson said, the St Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

The officer jumped out of his car and chased them on foot before getting into a scuffle with Myers, who then reached for his gun, Dotson said.

Myers shot at least three times at the officer, who then returned fire - and when the teenager tried to fire again, his gun jammed, Dotson said.

The officer, a white male, then fired 17 times at the teenager - but it is not yet known how many times he was struck. He died from his injuries.

Police recovered a 9mm Ruger at the scene, he said.

Dotson said that the 18-year-old was 'no stranger to law enforcement', the St Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

His family said he was still in high school and disputed police claims that he was armed.

'He was unarmed,' said his cousin, Teyonna Myers, to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. 'He had a sandwich in his hand, and they thought it was a gun. It�s like Michael Brown all over again.'

The boy's uncle, Jackie Williams, also says he is not buying the story being told by police.

'My nephew was coming out of a store from purchasing a sandwich. Security was supposedly searching for someone else. They Tased him,' Williams said.

'I don�t know how this happened, but they went off and shot him 16 times. That�s outright murder.'

Officers are claiming they recovered a gun at the scene and that the officer did not have a Taser.

Another man, Lavell Boyd, who lives in the neighborhood, claimed to hear as many as 15 shots fired.

'When I pulled up I saw the cop standing over him [Myers] then he pointed the gun at everyone else telling everyone to get back while he was searching for another clip,' Boyd said.

It has been reported that the officer was not harmed.

This comes just days after St. Louis Cardinals fans were seen screaming racial insults at protesters in the city.

David Carson, a photographer for the Post-Dispatch, reports that protesters are already filling the streets near where the shooting happened and have been chanting 'Black lives matter.'

Some also vandalized a police SUV as they chanted 'F*** the police.'

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The big question is 17 times? Where the heck did all those rounds go?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
High school student, 18, dead after off-duty St Louis police officer shot at him 17 times - just 10 miles from where Michael Brown was killed
Ten miles is a huge distance in an urban area. Maybe it was initially related and maybe it was just another gang/thug thing. It's not like St. Louis metro is Cut n' Shoot, Texas.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Just don't seem fair does it? Bad guy only gets to shoot three times and the cop gets to shoot 17.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Ten miles is a huge distance in an urban area. Maybe it was initially related and maybe it was just another gang/thug thing. It's not like St. Louis metro is Cut n' Shoot, Texas.

So, what you're saying is that the media is the difference?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, whatever...

GO CARDS!!

grin

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not so big a surprise or big question dd.. Having been shot at 3 times from fairly close range and having likely never fired a shot in anger in his life, total self preservation mode kicked in and 17 rounds out lickety split.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Center of mass if the cop is a decent shot...

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Maybe you should take up Force on Force instructing for his department? Show him how it's done!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He would have to go outside.

That ain't happening.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Just don't seem fair does it? Bad guy only gets to shoot three times and the cop gets to shoot 17.

Didn't say anything of the sort. 17 shots to take down a bad guy is piss poor shooting. That's a hell of a lot of shots flying around a heavily pack community. Let a civilian do it and said civilian would be in jail for a very long time.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unless force on force instruction involves wearing women's underwear, Derby is probably out.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
How many does it take?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Didn't say anything of the sort. 17 shots to take down a bad guy is piss poor shooting. That's a hell of a lot of shots flying around a heavily pack community. Let a civilian do it and said civilian would be in jail for a very long time.

Best pack up your vagina and head east! 'Dem boys need instruction!

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've seen the cold hard facts now...

It doesn't matter what a young, criminal black male does... His family will claim he's just an innocent boy, and a Dindu Nuffin.

Even when they have the 9mm and spent shell cases at the scene.

They are not looking for facts. They are looking for an excuse to [bleep]... AND they want to make the consequences of even challenging what a black person does so dire that they are nevermore challenged.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

So, what you're saying is that the media is the difference?
The media made a huge difference in the Zimmerman case also. Details like this and the tone set by commentary matter. I can drive ten miles in ten minutes from my house and be almost to the courthouse. The same ten miles in Kansas City or Tulsa could take a half hour easily. You could traverse several neighborhoods. You and I both know a mile in the city can make a vast difference in the neighborhood and its makeup. That's what I'm saying.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Not so big a surprise or big question dd.. Having been shot at 3 times from fairly close range and having likely never fired a shot in anger in his life, total self preservation mode kicked in and 17 rounds out lickety split.

That I can understand. I had a similar situation in the military fortunately, it was a training mission so no one hurt. I sure got reamed out for it. 17 rounds flying around a heavily pack community is unacceptable for the police or a civilian.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's amazing how fast you can "empty" a firearm when your in a deadly force encounter!! Physiological changes occur in "fight or flight" situations like audible exclusion, tunnel vision, shallow breathing, and loss of fine motor skills, Time slows or speeds up ect. People who have never have experienced this usually can't understand why someone empty's a magazine or believes malice is at play?

TV makes it look so easy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

YES! laugh

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

YES! laugh

If I were as stupid as you, I'd ignore me too.

Travis

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1234, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 56 invisible), 1,889 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,166
Posts18,523,589
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.