The Flattop...

GB1

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by HawkI
Okay.

NatewayUSA.com anxiously awaits your order.....

Too fuggin' funny.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Holston
Originally Posted by deflave

In the FA? I don't have it yet.

Or are you asking about my Flattop?

Travis

The Flattop...

7.0-7.5gr's of Unique and whichever 240gr-260gr semi-wadcutter I'm shooting at the time seems to work great.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Travis, I been watching this thread for a few days and can not hold my peace any longer, you need fair warning.
While I can certainly be happy for you over the recent purchase of your new FA 97, the impending sale of your Model 29 will come with disaster following.
When a man sells or trades a Model 29 it starts an immediate chain reaction of events and physical manifestations.
First thing you will notice is a huge drop in testosterone. You will find yourself loosing confidence in situations that you had formerly been able control thru sheer maleness.
Women will no longer turn and check you out as you walk by.
When you are gathered together with Gun Cranks and you mention that you once had, but traded a Model 29, they will all look at the ground, cough and scuff their feet trying to hide their embarassment for you.
Your vision will get worse, stock up on reading glasses.
It will be hard to keep from gaining weight, extra pounds will settle in the back of your pants.
Other "Gun Guys" will start referring to you as "that boy who got rid of his 29".
Instead of going on a solo archery interior Grizzly hunt you will find yourself planning a game farm axis deer hunt so you can get in some shopping with your trip.
These are just a few of the sort of things that you bring on to yourself by letting a Model 29 out of your grasp.
The Proud Recipient however, will notice as he grasps for the first time his new prize. There are more veins showing in his forearms, his countenance will be as a bird of prey. Stern, broad shouldered, sharp vision. There is more than a transfer of ownership that goes along with a Model 29, There is a transfer of POWER! It is rather like counting coup, but with visible results.
While I am a big fan of the Wyoming school gun building and the extreme quality of their wares, I will remind you that John Linebaugh himself carries a Smith and Wesson for his daily carry gun.
Remember this, if you ever want back your former standing after selling a Model 29, it can only be regained by acquiring an Model 25.
Proceed with caution.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Downstream
Travis, I been watching this thread for a few days and can not hold my peace any longer, you need fair warning.
While I can certainly be happy for you over the recent purchase of your new FA 97, the impending sale of your Model 29 will come with disaster following.
When a man sells or trades a Model 29 it starts an immediate chain reaction of events and physical manifestations.
First thing you will notice is a huge drop in testosterone. You will find yourself loosing confidence in situations that you had formerly been able control thru sheer maleness.
When you are gathered together with Gun Cranks and you mention that you once had, but traded a Model 29, they will all look at the ground, cough and scuff their feet trying to hide their embarassment for you.
It will be hard to keep from gaining weight, extra pounds will settle in the back of your pants.
Other "Gun Guys" will start referring to you as "that boy who got rid of his 29".
Instead of going on a solo archery interior Grizzly hunt you will find yourself planning a game farm axis deer hunt so you can get in some shopping with your trip.
These are just a few of the sort of things that you bring on to yourself by letting a Model 29 out of your grasp.
The Proud Recipient however, will notice as he grasps for the first time his new prize. There are more veins showing in his forearms, his countenance will be as a bird of prey. Stern, broad shouldered, sharp vision. There is more than a transfer of ownership that goes along with a Model 29, There is a transfer of POWER! It is rather like counting coup, but with visible results.
While I am a big fan of the Wyoming school gun building and the extreme quality of their wares, I will remind you that John Linebaugh himself carries a Smith and Wesson for his daily carry gun.
Remember this, if you ever want back your former standing after selling a Model 29, it can only be regained by acquiring an Model 25.
Proceed with caution.

This post caused me to not only reconsider the sale of that firearm, but my entire life as well.

Thank you sir. You may have saved me.

Travis

PS- Don't let Hawk know you wrote that.

IC B2

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
...in case you forget I told you the same thing...at minimum you could "replace" the 29 with a 629 Mountain Gun but one should NEVER be without a good S&W N-frame...not and still be able to call himself a man that is...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
...and as I recall your reply back to me was "I could do everything I need to do with a revolver with the FA 83 and 97...".

Bob

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RJM
...in case you forget I told you the same thing...at minimum you could "replace" the 29 with a 629 Mountain Gun but one should NEVER be without a good S&W N-frame...not and still be able to call himself a man that is...

Bob

Yeah.

But Downstream is my hero. It carries more weight.

Travis

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RJM
...and as I recall your reply back to me was "I could do everything I need to do with a revolver with the FA 83 and 97...".

Bob

I changed my mind on that.

Travis

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I got it. These things truly are amazing.

The 280gr. LBT's are a no go. The Keiths show lots of promise. I think I may need a taller front sight though.

Travis

IC B3

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Great!....and the pic where?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Maybe tomorrow....

Travis

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Proceed with caution.

That is the longest post Ive seen Downstream make.

Heed his words.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ingwe
That is the longest post Ive seen Downstream make.

Heed his words.

He doesn't speak often, but when he does, it is about N-Frames...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
When Downstream speaks, I listen.

Subject is not important.

Travis

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Then hear this.
My place, soon, much shooting and eating. Be there.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Then hear this.
My place, soon, much shooting and eating. Be there.

Deal.

Right after everybody tags out.... grin

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by huntsman22
If it makes ya start feeling all misty-eyed and stuff, someone will step up to punch you in the cock...

God I hope so.
Travis

Didn't they have any Men's revolvers left??

FAs should be 83s in 45. Just sayin. grin

[Linked Image]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep! Just a couple years ago grin

[Linked Image]

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

375 members (163bc, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 32 invisible), 2,054 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,100
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.