Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Calvin
It'd be hard to manage something they never had to manage before. But, the monday morning quarterbacks will do what they do.

Plain and simple: We got [bleep] by some selfish african who came here thinking he'd get better care. Lets put the blame where it belongs. We'll be lucky to have a hospital left that doesn't go bankrupt if this spreads.

Laughin'...

You'd have to be the most gullible person on earth to not recognize how incredibly inept our federal government is right now.

Travis
One of the many millions.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I have no medical background, and no idea about the protocol they set up, but it would seem to me that anyone treating a patient with Ebola should be held under quarantine.

They should be taken on a volunteer only basis and given hazard pay. They don't get to leave a specific assigned area in the hospital until 21 days after they've ended contact with the patient.

Sounds harsh, but why expose more personnel to it than needed and why let the people who are most likely to be infected out to spread it..... Take care of them, pay them extra, set up everything to keep them safe, but don't let them out until they've been clean 21 days....

Just how certain should we be that 21 days is the magic number?

Don't know...good point...for safety round it up to 42 days!!! sick

Yeah.

The reality is, if I end up with a case where I work, I will, due to the nature of my job, likely be involved with the care. I will NOT go home and expose my wife and daughter. I will stay at the hospital. Period.

It's all a joke until you actually have to do the logistics with your wife about how that will work, how her work will react, child care, etc.....

The way it looks, I'll be quite happy if I get to deer hunt this year considering the size of the Liberian population in Minneapolis.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NeBassman
It'd be hard to manage something they never had to manage before. But, the monday morning quarterbacks will do what they do.

Plain and simple: We got [bleep] by some selfish african who came here thinking he'd get better care. Lets put the blame where it belongs. We'll be lucky to have a hospital left that doesn't go bankrupt if this spreads.

News reports that I have seen stated that the "selfish african" helped a pregnant stranger that was in distress in the street shortly before he left to come here. In addition, the pregnant stranger he helped wasn't diagnosed with ebola until after he was already in the US. Yep, that was damn selfish.

I didn't read the same article as you NBan, seems I read he helped a lady to the ebloa hospital
they refused her cause there was no room, the helpers took her back to her home and she died 2 hours later. Seems like he would know.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
He knew and did not care who might die,may he feel the flames of hell.
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by NeBassman

News reports that I have seen stated that the "selfish african" helped a pregnant stranger that was in distress in the street shortly before he left to come here. In addition, the pregnant stranger he helped wasn't diagnosed with ebola until after he was already in the US. Yep, that was damn selfish.

I didn't read the same article as you NBan, seems I read he helped a lady to the ebloa hospital
they refused her cause there was no room, the helpers took her back to her home and she died 2 hours later. Seems like he would know.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2nd health care worker with Ebola flew from Cleveland to Dallas on Frontier Airlines the day before presenting symptoms (10/13), according to CDC...

IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if they contracted in dallas, it also begs the question, how did they get to cleveland

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Im sure she was convinced it couldnt happen to her.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Private contractors who clean those airliners - including the restrooms - are thrilled.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by RWE
if they contracted in dallas, it also begs the question, how did they get to cleveland

Incubation period allows enough time for a nurse to fly from Dallas to Cleveland for a hot date (what condom?) with her boyfriend and fly back.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by RWE

Incubation period allows enough time for a nurse to fly from Dallas to Cleveland for a hot date (what condom?) with her boyfriend and fly back.

are they virulent during incubation?

was there a flight layover in Greensboro, NC?

Did they wind up at the restaurant down the street from my office where my boss eats?

*cough*

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
131 passengers on that flight with her?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FOsteology
2nd health care worker with Ebola flew from Cleveland to Dallas on Frontier Airlines the day before presenting symptoms (10/13), according to CDC...

Can you hear the music yet?

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We're fixing to see how a handful of snowflakes only needs a little motion to turn into a huge snowball.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Which article did you read????

http://www.nola.com/health/index.ssf/2014/10/dallas_ebola_patient_helped_pr.html

Thomas Eric Duncan rushed to help his 19-year-old neighbor when she began convulsing days after first complaining of stomach pain. Everyone assumed her health problems were related to her being 7 months pregnant. Still, no ambulance came as Ebola decimates Liberia's capital.

Soon Duncan, Marthalene Williams' parents and several others tried to hoist her into a taxi cab bound for a hospital downtown. Within weeks, everyone who helped Williams that day was either sick or dead.

As 9-year-old Mercy Kennedy sobbed along with neighbors mourning news of her mother's death, not a person would touch the little girl to comfort her.

Mercy's mother had helped to wash the pregnant woman's clothes, and had touched her body after she died at home when no hospital could find space for her, neighbors said.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by RWE

are they virulent during incubation?

CDC says not. Boyfriend is then in position of wondering whether CDC has got that right.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As I said in the very first thread about ebola.

And so it begins.......

Just a matter of time boys.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bigwhoop: As I posted on this forum many days ago when the intellectual idiots in the hussein obama regime brought the Ebola victims here to the United States - "NOTHING good will come from this stupid and self destructive act"!
I repeat it here again - NOTHING good will come from allowing humans to come to the United States from west African countries until the Ebola plague is contained.
hussein obama is not only the worst POTUS ever, he is now also among the top ten worst human beings ever to exist on planet earth!
And thats saying something!
PHHUCK hussein obama and that thieving racist bittch he rode in with!
I fear for the future of this country.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

My wife and I were talking about the affect of Ebola on travel just last night. As a long term healthcare worker, I'm not overly concerned, but certainly aware. I can see me flying less once we start seeing cases in several cities. No, chances are you can't catch it on a plane with someone, but who wants to sit next to them or in their seat on the next flight? I'll probably drive more when I can.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

My wife and I were talking about the affect of Ebola on travel just last night. As a long term healthcare worker, I'm not overly concerned, but certainly aware. I can see me flying less once we start seeing cases in several cities. No, chances are you can't catch it on a plane with someone, but who wants to sit next to them or in their seat on the next flight? I'll probably drive more when I can.

Or end up quarantined because you did sit next to someone.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by conrad101st
I think these dumb twits had no idea how to get out of their suits after being in the room. I gather they didn't even hose them down or mist them with bleech or chlorine before removal. Think nerve agent exposure paranoia should be the standard of decon.

dumb twits?

The staff

dumb twits?

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,411
Posts18,470,409
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.