Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by derby_dude

The US has more open travel than almost any other country in the world. Look at the nurse that traveled on the air liner the other day that has Ebola. Now the flight crew is guaranteed for 21 days but they have probably infected God knows how many, we'll have to wait and see see. Look at all the passengers on the plane and they went everywhere.

There are only four hospitals in the US that can handle Ebola patients but only a few at a time. No hospital in the US can handle a pandemic.

Then we have the 3,000 plus military personal in Libya. If you think they are going to come back infection free think again.

Oh yes, the medical people know that the virus lives for about 90 days in male semen. If you think men are going to suddenly stop have coitus think again.

Look guys I hope I'm wrong but based on the past performance of this regime I'm not holding out much hope and apparently neither is the stock market.

I take comfort in the fact that you are never right about anything.

Travis

I'd feel better if Isaac would lay short odds on a U.S. epidemic...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by gitem_12
You're right Kevin. We are vastly more important than some thirld world schit-hole....which is precisely why the protocols here should be alot more advanced than they are over there
If we stop the flights, people will seek other method, below board. That will spread the disease in ways that are VERY difficult to control, to any number of nations, and can push the disease much further than it is now. That worsens the risk at the source, and everyone will tell you that the disease has to be beat at the source.

Relax, this is not the end of the world.

Seek other method? Like what? Its a third world chithole...Mugumbo gonna ride a fuggin ostrich to the US?

They are quarantining and closing boarders over there. He'd likely get stopped on his ostrich before he even made it to the coast.

The measures that should be taken are not politically expedient, but that doesn't mean that they aren't the right call.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You're right Kevin. We are vastly more important than some thirld world schit-hole....which is precisely why the protocols here should be alot more advanced than they are over there
If we stop the flights, people will seek other method, below board. That will spread the disease in ways that are VERY difficult to control, to any number of nations, and can push the disease much further than it is now. That worsens the risk at the source, and everyone will tell you that the disease has to be beat at the source.

At the onset of The African outbreak, the only response our nation should have had was tactical nukes on the affected areas...full stop end of story.

Just as the response with the original turd in Texas should have been to isolate him and let him die, then douse his body with bleach and incinerate him. They knew they weren't gonna save him, why put our people at unneccesary risk

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That's strange we can't stop people from coming here yet 3rd world chit holes have been able to do just that.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
NEW HAVEN, Conn. � A Yale University student who recently traveled to Liberia is being evaluated for Ebola-like symptoms, according to a report from Connecticut's NBC affiliate.

Thomas Balcezak, chief medical officer for Yale-New Haven Hospital, said at a press conference Thursday that the patient was in "good condition" and remained in isolation at the facility.

NBC Connecticut reported that the patient was a researcher from Yale University, but hospital officials would not confirm that during the press conference, citing patient privacy concerns.

Balcezak said the patient had recently returned from Africa and had been monitoring their symptoms since their return. He said the patient contacted their primary physician as soon as they came down with a fever, and was quickly admitted for emergency care. Officials had not yet confirmed the patient had contracted Ebola, but a specimen was collected and sent to a testing facility in Massachusetts.

�We�re expecting that we should have the preliminary results to this test sometime in the next 24 hours,� Balcezak said.

New Haven Mayor Toni Harp told reporters that officials got news that the patient was exhibiting symptoms Wednesday evening.

�We hope this is not an Ebola case, and right now there is no reason to believe, but we are taking these precautions,� Harp said.

Richard D'Aquila, the hospital�s chief operating officer, said the facility was "well prepared to handle an event like this, adding that the facility had been preparing for dealing with Ebola cases �for weeks.�

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by johnw

The US has more open travel than almost any other country in the world. Look at the nurse that traveled on the air liner the other day that has Ebola. Now the flight crew is guaranteed for 21 days but they have probably infected God knows how many, we'll have to wait and see see. Look at all the passengers on the plane and they went everywhere.

There are only four hospitals in the US that can handle Ebola patients but only a few at a time. No hospital in the US can handle a pandemic.

Then we have the 3,000 plus military personal in Libya. If you think they are going to come back infection free think again.

Oh yes, the medical people know that the virus lives for about 90 days in male semen. If you think men are going to suddenly stop have coitus think again.

Look guys I hope I'm wrong but based on the past performance of this regime I'm not holding out much hope and apparently neither is the stock market.

Now what??? Libya???

Yup and NBC is reporting the Emperor is signing an executive order ordering a bunch of National Guard there as well.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A CORRECTION: I did confuse Libya with Liberia for some odd reason. My mistake. I should have said the troops were sent to Liberia.

Sorry.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

If there is another case of Ebola here, then someone wasn't contained or quarantined to prevent that spread.

There's gonna be more...you can take it to the bank...
Once this guy Thomas Duncan became so ill he was vomiting & chitting his guts out, do you think he washed himself off with disinfectant so he wouldn't contaminate everything he touched on the way to the hospital?
Hell, we're not even sure when an infected person becomes capable of transmitting the disease in casual contact, but I suspect it's earlier than many professionals are openly admitting...with a 21+ day possible incubation period, I don't think this chit is gonna be contained as easily as the CDC originally predicted. I hope I'm wrong.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
You want to trust the same CDC that let the 2nd Dallas nurse (the one with confirmed Ebola and being treated at Emory now) get on an airplane to cleveland and back?

That plane also made 5 more round trips before it was quarantined.

Google graphs of exponential growth. Guess how many cases there will be by April.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
The dead guy in Dallas, Duncan?, was reported to have slept on every mattress in his apt. when he was sick.

Who does that?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ironbender
The dead guy in Dallas, Duncan?, was reported to have slept on every mattress in his apt. when he was sick.

Who does that?

kneegars

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ironbender

Who does that?

Liberians that schit themselves.

Apparently...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
And now we have 3,000 soldiers there who will certainly be infected to some level............what a waste & to what end?

MM
WE are their best chance at beating this. We have the workers and the experts to deal with this, they don't. Their medical system has collapsed, so the only way we can deal with this at the source is to send our people and resources there. Not sure why we have soldiers there, that kinda sucks. But we need to send willing medical providers there to help deal with the situation or it will continue to spread and become pandemic.

If we stop all flights, then people will just smuggle themselves into nations that are flying, and either catch direct or indirect flights. By allowing the flights we at least have some control. By not allowing the flights, then people who want to get back to their families will start seeking other methods, and that will take much larger numbers of infected people to non-infected areas. If they come here directly, our medical system can handle it. The threat is actually LESS by continuing the flights. If we stop the flights, then we are really risking a pandemic when people start seeking alternate travel methods.

Boy you sure have drank the kool aid.
KG is a known Koolaid GUZZLER.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
KG is a known Koolaid GUZZLER.
Rapsberry's my favorite flavor.

I have friends on both sides of the isle, I often disagree with both Dems and Repub's. I consider myself a free thinker, and I never follow the crowd. That makes me unpopular with members of both parties, and I'm actually quite flattered at that. After all, it was Dems and Repubs that screwed this nation up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a bit critical of the CDC, they should have been well out in front of this for hospitals here in the US. But haven worked in hospitals a few times, I'm not even remotely surprised that the hospitals didn't get it right. They tend to take the least precautions until someone gets bit, and then after that, follow the pack. And then there are some hospitals that are truly excellent and get it all right, but even then you can still have a problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
THIS is the Dallas hospital being scrutinized:

It is ranked the fifth-best hospital in the Dallas-Fort Worth region and 15th-best in Texas by U.S. News and World Report.

This was before Ebola.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
THIS is the Dallas hospital being scrutinized:

It is ranked the fifth-best hospital in the Dallas-Fort Worth region and 15th-best in Texas by U.S. News and World Report.

This was before Ebola.
Well then that's a sad statement on the state of hospitals in Texas; they freakin blew it. And it's a market economy, so I'll bet their elective patient census has dropped dramatically. Well, they didn't take it seriously and now they'll take it in the pocket book.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The Sky is falling,the sky is falling!!!!Bla bla bla

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Rapsberry's my favorite flavor.

laugh

Kool-aid was invented in Hastings Nebraska.

http://hastingsmuseum.org/exhibits/kool-aid/the-history-of-kool-aid

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Kool-aid was invented in Hastings Nebraska.

nebraska was also the deciding vote for the passage of obamacare. What a coincidence grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1234, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 60 invisible), 3,054 guests, and 1,042 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,590
Posts18,532,420
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.