Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Parvo is a virus and it's spread through the body, not just in the digestive system. The bleach can't possibly get at it without killing a lot of things in there that you don't want killed. The dog has enough problems without being poisoned, too.

I take it you haven't treated Parvo with bleach but you know it won't work.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
One of Grandads cows was down with something or other and we couldn't get her up. The Ag teacher said on the phone to give her a pint of coal oil.

Well, Grandad figured if a pint would help a quart would cure so my cousins and I pulled her head up and back as the cider bottle drained it's contents down her gullet.

A few moments later she damned sure jumped up. I wish I knew if she would have survived the pint.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have seen the effects of Parvo run through 100's of miles of country in any direction. Seen it take out entire coyote offspring. Totally. No pups left. Domestic dog pups have the same prognosis.

Basically, if you have young canines, they are going to die, with a pretty fair certainty.

If I knew my pups had Parvo, and I heard of this from an old dog man with a lifetime of experience that there was a chance to save them this way, I would try it... I know the outcome otherwise. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have an 82 year old patient who went partially blind form an initial flare up of MS caused optic neuropathy which left partial optic atrophy in each eye many years ago.

She was confirmed buy neurologists in major medical centers in Dallas to have all tests positive in making the Dx of MS. A neurologist there devised a treatment program of IV folic acid repeated frequently, IIRC.

A prominent West Texas Physician performed the treatments and she is well and alive now with for all practical purposes having been cured of MS.

Unfortunately, by the time I started seeing her the Dr who had given her the treatments, 45 years ago, had passed away and I was unable to get her records.

Of course the neurologist from Dallas had passed many years before.

It's disturbing to think no one else picked up on this treatment, though IIRC her docs had reported on the cure or miracle.

She remains quite lucid as to the frequency of her previous IV treatments and looks to be about 70 years of age.

Last edited by eyeball; 10/16/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Two tablespoons of household bleach in 8 oz. of water poured down the throat or squirted down the throat with a syringe.

Follow up in 15-30 minutes with a dose of Pepto Bismal.

It has worked 100% of the time for me with young dogs that are otherwise healthy.

Parvo should be confirmed by bloody diarrhea and its unique odor before administering the bleach.

Be nice if Ebola was killed as easily.

Are you sure it cured them.?

Maybe the dogs were just dreading a 2nd dose and decided to get their $&!# in order....

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This thread is a prime example of the decline in the quality of conversation around this 'fire since it was first kindled. For a long time a man could relate his EXPERIENCES about most anything, and others could report different outcomes from the same experience.

But we didn't have idiots with no manners who claimed a man hadn't seen what he saw, or do what he did.

An exception was made for stories that defied all physical laws, like the infamous "spinning on the ground bullet story". grin

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
you guys know there's a vaccine for this, right? wink

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Two tablespoons of household bleach in 8 oz. of water poured down the throat or squirted down the throat with a syringe.

Follow up in 15-30 minutes with a dose of Pepto Bismal.

It has worked 100% of the time for me with young dogs that are otherwise healthy.

Parvo should be confirmed by bloody diarrhea and its unique odor before administering the bleach.

Be nice if Ebola was killed as easily.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But we didn't have idiots with no manners who claimed a man hadn't seen what he saw, or do what he did.

You did it, you saw it , but you misinterpreted the results

The Vets both told you:

I've told two vets -NOT SMALL ANIMAL DOCTORS [there's a big difference] - and both said the same thing:

They would never recommend it

If they REALLY believed it would work, they'd tell the whole world.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
This thread is a prime example of the decline in the quality of conversation around this 'fire since it was first kindled. For a long time a man could relate his EXPERIENCES about most anything, and others could report different outcomes from the same experience.

An exception was made for stories that defied all physical laws, like the infamous "spinning on the ground bullet story". grin

My grandad suffered for years before he died while suffering a disease which has caused untold misery for millions and which supposedly didn't exist before about 1985 according to diagnostic history. By the grace of God it was discovered and thus I was saved from the devastating effects of the chronic stomach infection know known as Helicobacter Pylori gastritis.

That is inflamed guts from a bacterial infection that had my Grandad drinking Mylanta by the bottles, until he died.

Years later and with blocked guts and no BM for a week the dx and tx saved me from a life of the same misery, thanks to one dr the world tried to stifle and owes a debt of gratitude.

I often wonder if closed minds and fear of ridicule has prevented the developments of many other medical problems, especially one called MS.

Last edited by eyeball; 10/16/14.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Snyper

Actually not. They have to worry about a lawsuit following if it doesn't work out well, which is why they stick to prescribing treatments that are widely accepted in their field.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Actually not. They have to worry about a lawsuit following if it doesn't work out well, which is why they stick to treatments widely accepted in the field.

This, in spades. We treat many diseases successfully with drugs approved for other conditions.

One of my fears with respect to O care is that drs will be reigned in and only allowed to treat with "approved" drugs.

For instance, bacterial corneal infections (bacterial keratitis) are typically treated with the best topical ocular antibiotics which have only been cleared for bacterial CONJUNCTIVITIS (not clear, thumbnail, 0.7 mm thick cornea) , which is a very uncomfortable debilitating ocular condition which is not typically blinding and which is typically self limiting- meaning, if you have an intact immune system you will develop an adequate immune response to defeat the infection and recover on your own.

Otoh, bacterial keratitis can be a blinding infection of the cornea which can perforate an eye and cause it to be lost. Btw, it can be interesting to goog 'bacterial corneal ulcers'.

A corneal infection with Pseudomonas Aeruginosa can blind an eye in 24 hours. All meds "approved" for TX of corneal ulcers are old meds and not the best antibiotics of choice to fight such infections. Getting FDA approval for treating those ulcers is much more rigorous and much more expensive so drug companies forgo the formalities and we risk our necks treating such infections with the best, newest, most drug resistant antibiotics which have only been ok'd for bacterial CONJUNCTIVITIS, not KERATITIS.

Now, what happens when despite your best efforts and use of the best ABs an eye is still lost becsuse treatment is started late? (Because the patient waited around).

How would you like to go to court and the lawyer suing your ass shows the jury you were not using a drug FDA freaking approved for bacterial corneal ulcers and you were ONLY treating with a drug approved for bacterial conjunctivitis?

I'll tell you what you do. You evaluate the ulcer size, depth, and location (central ulcers leave corneal scars which results in permanent vision loss to some degree or other).

You decide if you want to gamble for $150 that you can treat and cure the condition with no resultant visual loss (small, peripheral ulcer). Then you can start treatment to try and help the pt. We used to also have pharmacies with a compounding lab make up concentrated (strong) AB eye gtts that are not available commercially. I like ordering concentrated tobramycin (it is quite effective in killing P. Aeruginosa which can destroy an eye before you can get culture and sensitivity results- which, btw are a big patient expense required to protect drs from lawyers in court- if you dont stop the disease before the culture comes back the eye is lost anyway kind of deal, but dont go to court without being able to show you took a culture, sent the patient to the hospital with it and ordered a sensitivity a for a few hundred measley bucks) along with commercial Vigamox rotating gtts every 15 min for three hours to start.

Now, because of .gov and lawyers there are essentially no pharmacies taking the risk of formulating especially strong ABs for drs, which increases the risk for me in not being able to intervene and prevent vision loss.

With respect to dealing with advanced disease, is it best to start treatment or just get the patient an appt in a few weeks (post Ocare) at Texas Tech medical school in Lubbock?

Well, the jury is still out on that one.

Last edited by eyeball; 10/17/14.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually not. They have to worry about a lawsuit following if it doesn't work out well

If it worked, that's not a problem

They would run tests and PROVE it works, rather than just doing it and deciding since the dogs didn't die, it "must have cured them"

Reality is you can't cure a viral disease by drinking Clorox, and they knew that.

Likely they agreed just to end the conversation

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Grave diggers were once killed as heretics.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Bleach would have cured that labeling.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UtahLefty

There wasn't at the time. I haven't bred dogs in the last several years so I don't keep up with stuff for them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe Gene. We didnt use bleach, but we cured a pup that schit all over the place for a day, stank like hell, and the next day he just laid there breathing real short and slow. Wouldnt move his eyes, just stared straight. My ex called this place out west selling Parvaid or something like that. Cost $50, but wouldnt get there for 4 days. The lady on the phone said buy garlic, echinacea, and some other crap I cant remember.

The ex went down to Riteaid and bought the stuff, cooked it up on the stove and fed it to the pup througer dropper. Til we got that Parvaid stuff in the mail the pup was up running around like nothing happened. Was still slow eatin for about a week but he made it through just fine. Ex's nephew and the one neighbor got this pups brothers/sisters and they all died from Parvo. We had to try somethin cause the local vet said it would cost hundreds with no guarantee it would work.

If those herbs and crap worked, im sure the bleach will.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by UtahLefty

There wasn't at the time. I haven't bred dogs in the last several years so I don't keep up with stuff for them.

There's more than one vaccination as well. There are several different strains of Parvo, and even though the more common may have been vaccinated for, they can still get the other strains of the virus. To be mostly protected, I think they need 3 strains vaccinated against.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You start by vaccinating the pregnant bitch.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

You did it, you saw it , but you misinterpreted the results

The Vets both told you:

I've told two vets -NOT SMALL ANIMAL DOCTORS [there's a big difference] - and both said the same thing:

They would never recommend it

You must think the other readers are as dumb as you..... they read my entire post, not the part you highlighted. THEY WOULD USE IT ON THEIR OWN PETS.

And many knew that the IVOMEC for cattle that we injected at one cc per 100 lbs bodyweight each month was effective against heartworms and controlled ticks and fleas, but until Heartguard was approved, they mostly kept silent.

Except Arch Andrews. He had a farmer call me one time about a case of mange he had in some Rat Terriers. Arch couldn't tell him to use the same IVOMEC that he used on his cows, but knew that I would.

The mange cleared right up and the guy gave my daughter one of the pups.

A lot of Small Animal Doctors know that if they diagnose ANY case of diarrhea as "possibly Parvo", they have a license to steal. If it's not, and the dog recovers, they're a hero. If the dog dies, several dollars later, well, that's just to be expected.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

192 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 160user, 257robertsimp, 2500HD, 2UP, 405winash, 18 invisible), 1,691 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,142
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.