Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The party argued that the party (1)
has not been transacting insurance in Oregon for some time, (2) is not licensed in
Oregon, (3) does not represent Bankers Life and Casualty Company, the insurer
that he represented in the course of engaging in the misconduct, (4) is planning to
move from Walla Walla Washington to Elko Nevada, and (5) has poor health which
may prevent him from working anywhere again.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Here's a technique that works for me. Buy Hunting GPS maps for the area that you have an interest in. Stay on public land and leave others alone. I have spent the last 10 days in Idaho using this method and no one has been bothered and I have not trespassed nor been lacking in opportunities. I find it liberating to know that I can hunt w/out trespassing or being in doubt. YMMV.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Crap, that's all Nevada needs. another lightweight sheister on the welfare system. At least we don't have many bears to azzshoot. Seniors beware!

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SLM
Originally Posted by safariman
The thread about deer camp being near and upon us reminded me of what I and my huting friends do to keep, and sometimes gain for the first time, access to private land to hunt upon.

Maybe these will assist some of you, and if YOU have ideas or tactics that have worked for you, gaining hunting access where you live, PLEASE add them here!

Out here in SE Washingtons arid Mule Deer country, one needs to have access to many hundred of acres of land (thousands of acres is better) to have a place to hunt. Most of the land owned around here is measured in hundreds of acres or more so buying a hunting camp plot is out of the question for us middle class folks.

My methods HAVE, however, worked to get us a couple of smaller plots to hunt ducks and pheasant on in the rare wet spots near here. I absolutely LOVE having small farm ponds and creeks to hunt on. Or at least I did when I was more able to utilize them.

These ideas possibly would be less effective in highly populated areas, or areas with great demand for highly sought after animals, but out here in rural SouthEastern WA this method has worked pretty well for us. I am putting it here in case it helps a member or two to gain access to some good places to hunt.

If you live in WA state or wish to hunt here, please be a good sportsman and do not copycat my idea for trying to gain access on the land in between (North of) Clyde and the Snake River as this is the stomping grounds I and my family and buddies have hunted for 31 years now. Bad manners to use my method to try to bump me/us out of our long hunted area. If you want to hunt in this region, I am most happy to help you find some other good spots nearby, and, being retired, I can even look up and send you some landowners names and addresses. Happy to do it and help you out, no cost of course.

We in our small band of hunters take up a collection between ourselves each late summer, and I handle the details from there. We set aside some of the moeny for buying steel T Posts, cement, gate building posts and chains and no tresspassing signs, 2x4 and 4x4 treated wood posts for building or repairing water guzzlers, salt and mineral blocks etc but MOST of the money is used to purchase generous gift cards and or gifts for the landowners who have allowed us access in the past, and smaller gifts and gift cards for propery owners who have not allowed permission in the past, YET! grin

Here is the rest of my plan, in case my ideas help someone else here gain access to a piece of land to hunt on.....

Most of the CRP and wheat land around here is owned by folks several states away or at least on the wet opposite and populated side of the state.

I contact these folks by looking them up in the county records, and in my letter (sent priority mail in a large flat envelope to look and feel more important) I offer in writing that my hunting group will 1) post - at our expense- and patrol the land, keeping large vehicles from driving cross country right across everything 2) build and or keep in good repair the water guzzlers (needed out in this arid region) that all of the wildlife uses or any other habitat improvement the landowner would like to see done and 3) treat the land with great care. This year, we included a couple of small gifts with the permission request letters for the first time, so I am hoping for a little bit better response. The only letter I was able to deliver in person to a landowner who lives in town here was well recieved, and permission was granted. My buddies and I are having a work day on Tuesday to post up this new to us property and look it over a little.

I hope my idea is found useful to someone here. It has kept our little band of brothers in great deer hunting territory for the past several decades. Good luck and good hunting! MARK

PS: Please post up your thoughts here, and more importantly, YOUR ideas that have worked to gain you access to places to hunt or fish.

This has to be the dumbest thing I've read on here.

Read the rest of this lying, cheating, fraud's posts...they get worse.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SKane

Good god man, a first grader has better cognitive skills. smirk

When my kid was in first grade, he ready knew you don't shoot an animal in the ass on purpose, and a average sized black bear can be killed with a well placed .223 round.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lonny
Greg pretty much nailed it.

We own property and hunt on it, but I also ask every year to hunt other landowners property.

I know if I received a certified letter, from someone I didn't know, with a gift cert in it, the whole thing would hit the trash. The warning bells would be going off in my head because it would seem like a scam of some sort from a stranger.

I missed the part where he said he sent a certified letter.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by safariman
I offer in writing that my hunting group will 1) post - at our expense- and patrol the land, keeping large vehicles from driving cross country right across everything

Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
When you patrol these lands, and keep large vehicles from driving cross country across everything, would that include the uberlanche?

[Linked Image]

Now that's some funny chit, ain't it?! What a [bleep] maroon!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I notice he keeps signing in, but doesn't post. Is he on super secret probation

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
He's the King of not so secret stupid.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Man, what in the hell is going on in this thread LOL....

Psuedo-Random Number Generator: 6.8 .338 .375 .45
Psuedo-Random Truck Generator: V8 Toyota w/ Overland Warehouse - Torsen - BFGoodrich
Go out and get it.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It would take an Uber explanation...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'll taka a shot.

A good analogy for this thread is "what happens when you stand over the toilet and press the lever on a big sticky turd"

......it gets flushed

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

267 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 34 invisible), 1,759 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,980
Posts18,499,614
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.