Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
pal Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
For the record, the compass had been packed in only its retail box, with 2 small pieces of bubble wrap, and only a brown paper wrapping on the outside. The retail box was old and badly water-stained in one area, obviously from years prior. But there was no sign whatsoever of any shipping damage or recent leaking.

The once-clear plastic dome had bruising over much of its exterior, due to age--it was shopworn as if it had been handled many times, on display, over a period of many years.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think I got it figgered out..

Mac1978 bought a new compass, many years ago, saved the box and when it developed a bubble he decided to off it in the classifieds. Since he still had the original box he thought he could get away with selling as "new".

grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Is anyone interested in buying a near mint 2003 Chevy Avalanche, with mostly highway use. And a scant 203,000 miles?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Is anyone interested in buying a near mint 2003 Chevy Avalanche, with mostly highway use. And a scant 203,000 miles?

Does it have a compass on the dash?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It can for only $74, but comes with a bubble in it.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No, but i can probably buy a new used one from the classifieds and include it

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by heavywalker
It can for only $74, but comes with a bubble in it.

laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by heavywalker
It really is a simple concept that you fail to grasp. You are a seller, and as part of being a seller of an item on an internet forum you are responsible for the item that you ship until it arrives in acceptable condition in the buyers possession. If he is happy with the condition the sale is final and you can move on.

Up until that point it is up to you to protect yourself from damage that occurs before the item is in his possession. This is accomplished by insuring the item for the proper amount. If the item arrives damaged and the buyer is not happy with the condition then it is up to you to refund his money and up to you to recoup your loss from the insurance that you should have purchased on the item. If you didn't purchase insurance then it is your stupidity that caused you financial loss, not that of the buyer.

You can put that crayon back in your pocket protector champ, you are in fact quite retarded, and the fact that you don't see it is too funny on multiple levels. There was a solution, refund the money and have the buyer ship you your item back that you failed to pack properly resulting in damage. wink

I have to take issue with this; there's lots of mentally handicapped that are honest.mac is not.
The mac guy gave Pal the weasel treatment from the start: "oh the wife packed it, she's usually pretty good -(not always mind you but usually..}, then the personal attacks on Pal- who has always been an up standing guy.

Heres the deal mac. It is on you to deliver the product as advertised. Quite frankly, from the weasel language in your emails, you knew you were not. Refund the purchase price plus shipping both ways, then and only then have you done the right thing.

We need a sticky in the classifieds to protect members against this kind.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
https://www.ritchienavigation.com/media/102503/Introduction.pdf

This is the Richie owners manual, it tells you how to remove the bubble. Sounds pretty simple.

Originally Posted By: P_Weed

I never met a gun I didn't like.

SEdge,

I have an AMT Hardballer I can fix you up with.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gitem_12

If it were yellow I'd be interested!

FJB & FJT
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not sure what to make of those comments..I've owned several modestly priced liquid filled compasses, plus one or two expensive ones and none had bubbles when bought..

I've read somewhere that a change in altitude and induce a bubble to form, but after flying with a couple in my kit over the years, I can't say I've seen it happen..

When (if) a compass does develop of bubble, I generally bin it and then replace... [/quote]

Actually Pete, liquid filled gauges of any sort will have a bubble to offset the expansion and contraction of the case allowing the air to also do the same as liquids do not compress. This saves the crystal and frame from warping and leaking in oil dampened gauges.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Any body that read that original post and figured that it was a brand new, just purchased, and new model compass for sale, and at 1/3 the current cost.... well!

It clearly stated that the compass was purchased for a boat and "NEVER USED", right there questions should have been asked before purchasing!

That being said, a bubble can and will develop over time just from storage and is simple to take care of.

As to rub marks in the glass dome, take a high definition close up photo, so close that it doesn't even show the body of the compass, wouldn't matter if it was brand spanking new, glass will show imperfections...

Going to the Ritchie web site, I couldn't find any mention of the model after 2005, but the current model re-designated the HB741, which looks to be the same compass sells for $180 bucks.

Were it me and I still had my boat, I'd have kept the damn compass for $60 shipped! But since the purchaser apparently wasn't happy with it, deal could have, and should have been handled better by both parties, as is usual with these post!

Phil

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I had the exact thing happen with $200 worth of bullets I sent that were stolen or lost. I didn't insure it, so I sent the buyer his money back on his word that they didn't arrive. Sucked for everyone, unless he lied.

Doesnt matter if he lied, if you'd have put insurance on it. I dont know about you, but I insure everything. You trust a shipper? I dont.

$200 dollar item and no delivery confirmation? crazy

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Any body that read that original post and figured that it was a brand new, just purchased, and new model compass for sale, and at 1/3 the current cost.... well!

It clearly stated that the compass was purchased for a boat and "NEVER USED", right there questions should have been asked before purchasing!

That being said, a bubble can and will develop over time just from storage and is simple to take care of.

As to rub marks in the glass dome, take a high definition close up photo, so close that it doesn't even show the body of the compass, wouldn't matter if it was brand spanking new, glass will show imperfections...

Going to the Ritchie web site, I couldn't find any mention of the model after 2005, but the current model re-designated the HB741, which looks to be the same compass sells for $180 bucks.

Were it me and I still had my boat, I'd have kept the damn compass for $60 shipped! But since the purchaser apparently wasn't happy with it, deal could have, and should have been handled better by both parties, as is usual with these post!

Phil

Come on man, its an internet forum... Youre not allowed to be logical!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Think I'm going to buy a boat...

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Im surprised that all of you don't know about the bubbles in compasses.
they are there to show you which way is up. smirk

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

Why are you calling us all losers?

Because you are a loser. And I think you are a bi-polar loser as well.
It's funny how you chime in here like you are an actual stand up member of the Campfire.

HAR!! This is weird! FB2 is being about as normal as he ever is when BB shows up with this rant accusing FB2 of being bi-polar! Looks to me like BB might be the bi-polar one. Or maybe tri-polar. Strange....

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

Why are you calling us all losers?

Because you are a loser. And I think you are a bi-polar loser as well.
It's funny how you chime in here like you are an actual stand up member of the Campfire.

HAR!! This is weird! FB2 is being about as normal as he ever is when BB shows up with this rant accusing FB2 of being bi-polar! Looks to me like BB might be the bi-polar one. Or maybe tri-polar. Strange....

STAY ON TOPIC ! mad

This is about a compass ... not mental health issues. grin

Where's a moderator when you need one? smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just because Bart is fuggin' nuts doesn't mean that Fireball2 ain't.

Re: compass - this has been informative.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
They seem pretty familiar with psychological terminologies...

DF

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (Anaconda, 35, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,441 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,412
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.