Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Ca a flu running it's course through men our age really cause enough damage to make us reconsider our feelings as to an inoculation?

I feel like [bleep] for a week and then I come back. What does the inoculation do?...cut it back to 3 days of misery?

You can still get the virus after the inoculation,right?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by isaac
... I've never had the flu vaccine ...
I haven't had the flu in over 7 years.

Seven years ago, you had the flu?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never had a flu shot, never had the flu. Just wash your hands and stop mind-[bleep] everything here guys. Go live life instead of worrying about something you'll never change.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Over 7 years ago, yes.

Odd question, unless I'm missing something.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've never been shot in the head either, but I still carry a gun.

There are generally 2 types of folks that don't worry, those that are prepared and those that are ignorant.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ca a flu running it's course through men our age really cause enough damage to make us reconsider our feelings as to an inoculation?

I feel like [bleep] for a week and then I come back. What does the inoculation do?...cut it back to 3 days of misery?

I hear talk, but I've never actually known anybody to get the flu after receiving the vaccine.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Spanish flu killed the strong mostly, about 30-50 million depending on what your read.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I hear talk, but I've never actually known anybody to get the flu after receiving the vaccine.
========

I have but I really can't say they had the flu, even though they said so. Plus, I've read of it happening.

Maybe I don't know what the flu actually entails. I'm thinking nuclear cold with fever that keeps our asses sedentary for at least 2-3 days.

William Arthur Ward

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I have come down with a nasty "cold" several times right after I have had a flu shot. I'm not sure if it was the flu shot or just bad timing, but it has happened enough times that I no longer get a flu shot.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

My Dad.

But he's 80+, COPD, cancer, heart conditions, agent orange, etc. So even a light flu puts him down.

The only case I know for sure.

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
So much for that dry sense of humor.

William Arthur Ward

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So much for that dry sense of humor.

Lately, even my dry sense of humor is lacking lubricant.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Over 7 years ago, yes.

Odd question, unless I'm missing something.

I'd have thought you'd not want to go through that again, is all.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Each vaccination is a dice roll. You may argue as to how many sides there are on the dice, but the high number comes up from time to time, and with devastating effect. I just think you folks shouldn't be so actively suppressing that information. People have a right to know.

Good grief, It's a risk every time you get in your car yet you do it daily. Seems so far you have survived.

Thanks for the reminder Doc. I need to get my flu shot ASAP!

He takes a risk every tine he ties a rope to his bed posts loops a slip knot around his neck and slides off the bed to Masturbate too....but I guarantee ge isn't gonna quit doing that

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
OK, now I understand.

I'm simply trying to discern whether the inoculation prevents the flu or just lessens the severity of the misery.

What I've learned from my own research,suggests it's more of a mitigation of the flu's severity, rather than a preventitive measure.

Not that any mitigation isn't welcome, of course.

For what it's worth, and maybe DR can answer this, maybe I really don't know the difference between a nuclear cold and the flu.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you are exposed to the strain(s) against which you are inoculated, the vaccine SHOULD prevent you from contracting it at all. If not, or if it is a different strain, then mitigation of impact is highly likely.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Each vaccination is a dice roll. ...

Good grief, It's a risk every time you get in your car yet you do it daily. Seems so far you have survived.

He takes a risk every tine he ties a rope to his bed posts loops a slip knot around his neck and slides off the bed to Masturbate too....but I guarantee he isn't gonna quit doing that

Ah, the infamous "Stroke & Choke"

No known vaccine, but there is a cure...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I can tell you what the Hong Kong Flu was like. It was a mother [bleep].

Thank God I was 18 and healthy, because I'm not so sure how well I'd do now if I was hit with something like that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had the flu one time. Three days in the bed with 103* fever, diarrhea, terrible body aches and little desire to survive. I don't remember it being anything like a cold and don't want it again.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I can tell you what the Hong Kong Flu was like. It was a mother [bleep].

Honk Kong Flu.

I'm going to assume that's not what my buddy had after his trip to Bangkok...

Again, no know vaccine, but penicillin kicked it.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 222ND, 66 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,674
Posts18,513,231
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.