Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I had the flu one time. Three days in the bed with 103* fever, diarrhea, terrible body aches and little desire to survive. I don't remember it being anything like a cold and don't want it again.

=======

Ok, now I think I get it. No nasal,mucous,ocular or cardio-vascular congestion or other irritations with the flu, generally?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by isaac
I hear talk, but I've never actually known anybody to get the flu after receiving the vaccine.
========

I have but I really can't say they had the flu, even though they said so. Plus, I've read of it happening.

Maybe I don't know what the flu actually entails. I'm thinking nuclear cold with fever that keeps our asses sedentary for at least 2-3 days.

I've had lots of patients claim to have influenza after a fluvax, but since the advent of Direct Influenza pharyngeal swabs which allow me to test for flu in my office and ER (past 5 years or so) I have seen ZERO cases of influenza in patients who have been immunized. ZERO out of several thousand individuals.

As for symptoms of fullblown influenza infection: high fever (103+) that only partially responds to ASA/tylenol/ibuprofen, severe muscle aches, cough, chest pain with deep breathing and coughing, severe headache. Other symptoms may present as well. In its worst form, it can produce hemorrhagic symptoms/signs such as bloody diarrhea, hemoptysis (coughing up blood), and blood in the urine. Fatal cases I've seen in the past 20 years have been sometimes to some degree hemorrhagic.

My last personal bad run-in with flu was in 1983, and I was sicker than I had ever been in my life before or since. Really, really sick for 5-6 days, then weak & debilitated for 2 weeks thereafter. I couldn't walk a block for 2 weeks after getting sick.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket
As for symptoms of fullblown influenza infection: high fever (103+) that only partially responds to ASA/tylenol/ibuprofen, severe muscle aches, cough, chest pain with deep breathing and coughing, severe headache. Other symptoms may present as well. In its worst form, it can produce hemorrhagic symptoms/signs such as bloody diarrhea, hemoptysis (coughing up blood), and blood in the urine.

That's the one! You don't forget it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Direct Influenza pharyngeal swabs??

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's a long q tip for getting cultures from the throat/airway/nose.

Not a slang term for blow job.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Okay, at least three people you know have told you what real flu is like. Go get the shot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Going on two years ago, my mom took her last flu vaccine. That's because doctors have barred her from taking another, since the last one she took paralyzed her from the waist down. After much rehab, she can still barely walk with a cane. She has recently switched back to a walker. Before her paralysis, she was amazingly active and agile for her age, getting around like an average sixty year old, despite being eighty. There are real dangers associated with it, which magnify with the frequency with which you take it.

Sounds like Guillian-Barre' Syndrome.
Yes.

A very rare complication, but one that I am quite well aware of and know a good bit about.

and what goes over his head is because his mom was suseptable to it it was just as likely she would have got it had she got the flu without a vaccine....its an auto immune responce caused by a hell of alot of things, including coming down with the flu.....hell vaccines, given to how many people each year cause only around 40% of GB cases in the US....

if you run the numbers you are more likely to be killed by not getting the vaccine cause you come down with the exact strain it protects against than the chance of coming down with GB....

Last edited by rattler; 10/22/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by RWE

It's a long q tip for getting cultures from the throat/airway/nose.

Not a slang term for blow job.

=======

See what I mean? It's difficult to break it all down.

Up until your post, I thought I was getting an ER BJ and I was emailing Anthem/BC/BS to see how much of it was covered.

William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Didn't you express doubt that there are actual risks of serious consequences from flu vaccines?

No. I asked you to provide peer-reviewed, scientifically-valid evidence to support your position that vaccinations are far more harmful than they are beneficial.
Help me out. Where did I say that?
Your assertion is that there is a vast conspiracy to cover up the dangers of vaccines by the medical profession. If so, there would be peer-reviewed, scientifically-valid evidence to prove that vaccines are far more dangerous than what the medical profession is touting. That is what I asked you to provide.
And where did I say that?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Didn't you express doubt that there are actual risks of serious consequences from flu vaccines?

No. I asked you to provide peer-reviewed, scientifically-valid evidence to support your position that vaccinations are far more harmful than they are beneficial.
Help me out. Where did I say that?
Your assertion is that there is a vast conspiracy to cover up the dangers of vaccines by the medical profession. If so, there would be peer-reviewed, scientifically-valid evidence to prove that vaccines are far more dangerous than what the medical profession is touting. That is what I asked you to provide.
And where did I say that?

and they dont hide the risks....no they dont scream them at the top of their lungs but neither does any other medication producer...but they arent hiding that occasionally there is a reaction....EVERYTHING has risk, the riskiest phugging thing you can do is get behind the wheel yet i bet you do it everyday....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hatari
This conversation would be much more meaningful if I had with your father, who is an MD, than with you, who has no Medical training that I am aware of. Can I assume that he is virulently anti vaccine as you are?

I reject your characterization, but no, my dad's a big advocate for vaccinations. He has, however, come around on multiple issues I've had with him over the years. For example, he was convinced I was from Mars on the issue of the proper diet for cardiac health over the past twenty years (Getting butter or eggs in my home was a real hassle growing up, as he was strictly a margarine and Eggbeaters man, being an orthodox physician). Now, in his retirement, he's been forced to admit that the science has proven my position right, and that of orthodox medicine to have been wrong. Another example: For about fifteen years I've been warning him and my mom about NutraSweet, providing them with the details as to why it's not safe, and how it was approved based on political considerations rather than scientific. He always poo-pooed it, insisting that the literature doesn't support my position, and on he and she went guzzling down their coffee sweetened with NutraSweet (Equal). Recently he approached me and said, "You know, it turns out you were correct on NutraSweet all these years, and then he went into all the reasons, matching up exactly with what I'd been telling him all along. So, even an orthodox medical practitioner can eventually come around.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pete... FWIW, the AIDS epidemic came along well after the greatest push of smallpox and polio vaccination in Africa. Hep A is spread by fecal-oral contamination (human fecal contamination of drinking water), not by dirty needles.

That's not to say that poor medical hygiene doesn't play a role. The first known Ebola outbreak WAS due to nurses in central Africa re-using non-sterilized needles/syringes, the big Zaire Ebola outbreak in 1995 was greatly amplified by non-sterile surgeries, and the current west African outbreak has been amplified by non-sterile medical procedures as well.

Doc,

Sorry, I got my Hep A and B mixed up.

Regardless, poor hygiene practices in various African vaccine programmes are now thought to have spread AIDS, plus other diseases as you noted with Ebola.

As the timeline for the emergence of HIV1 and HIV2 in Africa goes back to at least the 1950's, it does over lap the golden era of vaccinations, although the "explosion" was indeed later.

There was another simian virus (SV-40) that transferred from monkeys to humans, and this have been proved to be via contaminated polio vaccines back in the late 1950s early 1960's in the US. This same contamination has been detected in Soviet oral Polio vaccines into the late 1970's.

SV-40 is now common in humans, although is said to lie dormant. However, in other animals, its been linked to many different cancers especially in tumours, and has in fact been isolated in many human cancers and there is still controversy about the possible role of SV-40 virus in cancer in humans..

Regardless, it was contaminated vaccine production that allowed it to jump from monkeys to humans...

Other vaccines have allegedly been contaminated with female hormones which potentially could have reduced fertility in a population of male recipients, again this was in Africa.

So while I don't buy into all the various vaccination conspiracies, vaccination programs have been far from straight forward, and their potential downsides are not always obvious or immediate so I would say it pays to keep an open mind.

Regards,

Peter

Last edited by Pete E; 10/22/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doctors' kids are notorious for this... especially the ones who wanted to follow in daddy's footsteps and couldn't cut the academic rigors. Not pointing any fingers, of course...

What, Med School isn't just like undergrad? Three hours of class a day and 21 hours to goof off? Cliff Notes should be enough get you through Pathology (sarcasm inserted). They probably don't do pot cases anymore. All virtual.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Up until your post, I thought I was getting an ER BJ and I was emailing Anthem/BC/BS to see how much of it was covered.

You need a different venue and card.

Look for the Candy Stripers with a Cube on their iPhone.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Doctors' kids are notorious for this... especially the ones who wanted to follow in daddy's footsteps and couldn't cut the academic rigors. Not pointing any fingers, of course...
Very funny. I fainted during the piglet dissection in Middle School. It was at that point I knew I didn't wish to be a physician. sick

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Do you vaccinate your dogs?
It's the law.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pete E
Pete... FWIW, the AIDS epidemic came along well after the greatest push of smallpox and polio vaccination in Africa. Hep A is spread by fecal-oral contamination (human fecal contamination of drinking water), not by dirty needles.

That's not to say that poor medical hygiene doesn't play a role. The first known Ebola outbreak WAS due to nurses in central Africa re-using non-sterilized needles/syringes, the big Zaire Ebola outbreak in 1995 was greatly amplified by non-sterile surgeries, and the current west African outbreak has been amplified by non-sterile medical procedures as well.

Doc,

Sorry, I got my Hep A and B mixed up.

Regardless, poor hygiene practices in various African vaccine programmes are now thought to have spread AIDS, plus other diseases as you noted with Ebola.

As the timeline for the emergence of HIV1 and HIV2 in Africa goes back to at least the 1950's although the "explosion" was indeed later.

There was another simian virus (SV-40)that transferred from monkeys to humans via contamination polio vaccines back in the late 150s early 1960's in the US. This same contamination has been detected in Soviet oral Polio vaccines into the late 1970's.

SV-40 is now common in humans, although is said to lie dormant. However, in other animals, its been linked to many different cancers especially in tumours, and has in fact been isolated in many human cancers.

Regardless, it was contaminated vaccine production that allowed it to jump from monkeys to humans...

Other vaccines have allegedly been contaminated with female hormones which potentially could have reduced fertility in a population of male recipients..

So while I don't buy into all the various vaccination conspiracies, vaccination programs have been far from straight forward, and their potential downsides are not always obvious or immediate..

Regards,

Peter

wasnt contaminated production, it was the fact that thousands of vaccines would be given out with only a couple of needles....disposable syringes werent common til later....so because of the massive vaccine drive in Africa for smallpox and other things they rapidly spread AIDs from a couple people to a hell of alot....the vaccine wasnt the problem, improperly sterilized needles between patients was....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pete E

As the timeline for the emergence of HIV1 and HIV2 in Africa goes back to at least the 1950's, it does over lap the golden era of vaccinations, although the "explosion" was indeed later.

There was another simian virus (SV-40) that transferred from monkeys to humans, and this have been proved to be via contaminated polio vaccines back in the late 1950s early 1960's in the US. This same contamination has been detected in Soviet oral Polio vaccines into the late 1970's.

SV-40 is now common in humans, although is said to lie dormant. However, in other animals, its been linked to many different cancers especially in tumours, and has in fact been isolated in many human cancers and there is still controversy about the possible role of SV-40 virus in cancer in humans..

Other vaccines have allegedly been contaminated with female hormones which potentially could have reduced fertility in a population of male recipients, again this was in Africa.

Yes, and stuck away in the Parvo-fiasco thread was this gem from WranglerJohn:
I recall when my MIL had undergone breast cancer surgery in a San Francisco hospital in 1984 she became infected with the bacteria Serratia marcescens (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21976608). The bacteria once thought benign was used by the U.S. Navy in bacteriological warfare agent dispersal testing. The test was titled Operation Sea Spray involving bursting balloons containing Serratia marcescens over the San Francisco Bay Area on September 26 and 27 1950. By September 29 the bacteria began causing severe urinary tract infections of hospitalized patients in the test area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serratia_marcescens The pertinent information is toward the bottom of the article.

Quoting the article: "Since 1950, S. marcescens has steadily increased as a cause of human infection, with many strains resistant to multiple antibiotics.[1] The first indications of problems with the influenza vaccine produced by Chiron Corporation in 2004 involved S. marcescens contamination."

And then we find that the proliferation of vaccinations is linked with increased infant mortality - http://beforeitsnews.com/survival/2...tically-increased-mortality-2523764.html

I don't think one or even a few vaccines are necessarily going to significantly harm you, but the number they want to give kids these days is ridiculous and there ain't no way I'm getting another one every year.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Very funny. I fainted during the piglet dissection in Middle School. It was at that point I knew I didn't wish to be a physician. sick

LOL!! Sounds like my son... he decided law would be a better career for him first time he had to field-dress a pheasant, about age 8, I'd guess..

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BarryC
If modern medicine had anything more than an inkling of how the immune system works, they'd have a cure for allergies and all the other inflammation responses (like type 1 diabetes and psoriasis for example).
Most hay fever is the result of a chronic state of hyper stimulation of the immune system resulting from the regular consumption of pasteurized milk. The pasteurization process destroys the milk-protein-digesting-enzymes, thus you're unable to properly metabolize them. Your immune system responds to them as foreign matter, thus lowering your body's threshold for environmental allergens such as pollen.

As for psoriasis, most cases can be eliminated with a diet high in saturated natural animal fats while drastically reducing consumption of starchy foods and sugar, particularly refined fructose.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 219DW, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,637
Posts18,512,140
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.