SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by SLM

Mine has been UBER.

Mine too.

I'll probably try the 6X SS next season though.

Travis

Tried it first but didn't like it on the CZ.

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
When you can fart rainbows, get back to me....

Bob can, from what I've been told.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd like to try a 6x42SS but I just can't find the need for an over 1 1/2 pound 30mm scope.

If I did much of my hunting from my belly in wide open spaces it would be different.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Boxer: Many thanks for the time and effort you put into your reply. Wow, photos and everything!!

It's great to have someone out there who cares as much as you do, and takes the time to show it.

You're a printh.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Ah the optics forum...its like the smell of napalm in the morning.

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by JimD.
Ah the optics forum...its like the smell of napalm in the morning.

laugh

Yeah, that sweet aroma of stuff burning... cool

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'd like to try a 6x42SS but I just can't find the need for an over 1 1/2 pound 30mm scope.

If I did much of my hunting from my belly in wide open spaces it would be different.

Just give up hunting, the weight is of no concern of you do all your shooting from the bench. More time to post on the interwebs that way too smirk

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by ingwe
When you can fart rainbows, get back to me....

Bob can, from what I've been told.

He can.

Theres not much Bob can't do......he reminds me of....me! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boxer
Will have some Troops in tow for a 3wk November To Remember and will certainly take the time to gun some footage,if only to rub the noses of AMAZINGLY stupid pfhuqqers in their own stupidity,so they can obliviously continue to wax eloquent on "all" the things they "think" they "know" and funnier yet,"do".

Lil Fish,

Well this will be the third year you were going to get us some footage. Pretty safe bet more has been said than will be done but here's hoping you actually follow through. I am rooting for you. laugh

Just to prime the pump. 1080p HD if you have the bandwidth.

Note the 2.5-8. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kchuntfest 2014 continues and '1276 is knocking it out of the Park,by doing her best. FUNNY schit!

Though she's more than a touch nervous,to muse ANYTHING in regard to The Rifle.

I wonder why?!?

Laughing!..................

2much',

I've much faith in all my MK4 6x,10x and 16x fixed glass.

Not tough to embrace 150+ MOA of erector travel on a RAR,Montucky or anything else ala S/S.

I've seen me contribute to more than a few Sales and I'm more than a touch good for the Economy...................(grin)

Slav',

Fixed is where it's at.

Hint...............

'Raider,

I'll feign my "surprise",that you went wayyyyyyyyy outta your way to refrain ALL things The Rifle,as per your always.

It is funnier than pfhuqq,that even a Clueless Drooling Dumbpfhuqq such as yourself,KNOWS better than to even try to barter her "experience","knowledge" and "results"! Bless your heart,you amazingly inept Day Dreaming Dumbpfhuqq.

Mebbe extoll a Barbed-wire Load?!?

Laughing!...................

'flave,

You might just talk me into trying a Fixed Pfhuqqer too..................

'farmer,

Purty mean of you,to bait a hook in sucha fashion...but I like how you roll.

Laughing!...................

'gwe,

Stupid pfhuqqing '1276 didn't want Reality,she instead craved the Fantasy that her Drooling Dumbpfhuqqery was gonna be embraced as good "thinking".

She was close...give or take.

Laughing!.......................

SLM,

Have gunned several on 100yd paper,throughout their erector range and it were dismal. That with windage centered and aboard rather sound platforms.
Understatement.

Best bet is to tape the zoom in place and gun subtension instead..................

'head,

I hear good thangs about 6x glass at spittin' distances and once one flogs on 150+ MOA of travel,it's tough to go back.

'Course I got 'em all.

Hint................

'pole,

Ain't it a fascinating constant how you reliably get in over your head,obliviously expound upon your sheer and utter pfhuqqing cluelessness,then default to straight up Whining?!? Bless your heart.

You "hard chargers" are a pfhuqqing riot and you really shoot the place up.

Laughing!...............

Jim',

It'e never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't....................(grin)

'303,

I'd submit that a Montucky wearing a 6X MQ,is farrrrrrr lighter than most offerings and farrrrrrrrr from being "daunting" in it's "mass".(grin)

Nice to be able to play in the wind and the like,at 1400yds+++ with a SAAMI 223..............

'Burns,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you please.

Looking forward to the next batch of Whining and fresh Excuses,as you are thrown out on your ass from yet another Company,as you feverishly try to peddle Snake Oil to the unknowing.

Say something "proprietary",you AMAZINGLY stupid pfhuqq.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick

'Burns,
It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you please.

Lil Fish,

I pretended to get a decent bull this year. Does that count?? grin

[Linked Image]

You having to use different accounts to post because you act like a 3 year old is flat freaking hilarious. Grow up and act like an adult and Rick will let you post more than once a day. cool

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah the least I'd give a rats about a spy glass that can dial like a razor and prove itself with lots of up and down all day long is nuther half or a pound sheeit throw some bacon on there too I don't care. sigh.. but the good people what make the fixed fuqqaers don't let them in to this part of the claim. They did when they first came out but no more and they're about like gold for a used one. Hey, their money not mine don't think they export at all now. Still pizzes me off. Slummin it with a Sightron on my 223.

Last edited by Salty303; 10/21/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Burns, do a little search and check my prediction of just how long you would continue to sponsor custom rifles forum. Pretty fu**cking spot on wasn't it?. Put Nostradamus to shame.

Still selling cookie cutter rifle patterns requiring zero load development to dumbfu**cks and charging for same? The kind I've been building for 1/4 of the price for 20+ years now?

Nice bull. Almost as much bull as the $hit you peddle, but not quite.

How many ranches have you and your Best of the Rest buddies been kicked off for wounding animals since we last talked?

Yesterday, for the first time EVER, I visited your website. Still laffin'.

Truth is, I could have some respect for you, and your hunting/shooting abilities, under different circumstances. If I didn't know for a fact that you and your (ex?)fu*ktard buddies wounded untold game to get "the one" on film to promote your over-priced "turn-key", "proprietary" bull$hit. And further "promoting" LR hunting by selling "turnkey" rifles to those who can't hit the broad side of a barn @ 50 yards.

Quite honestly, I'm not quite sure to applaud or deplore you for taking advantage of those ignorant to all things "rifle"......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Hey Burns, do a little search and check my prediction of just how long you would continue to sponsor custom rifles forum. Pretty fu**cking spot on wasn't it?. Put Nostradamus to shame.

Still selling cookie cutter rifle patterns requiring zero load development to dumbfu**cks and charging for same? The kind I've been building for 1/4 of the price for 20+ years now?

How many ranches have you and your Best of the Rest buddies been kicked off for wounding animals since we last talked?

Truth is, I could have some respect for you, and your hunting/shooting abilities, under different circumstances. If I didn't know for a fact that you and your (ex?)fu*ktard buddies wounded untold game to get "the one" on film to promote your over-priced "turn-key", "proprietary" bull$hit. And further "promoting" LR hunting by selling "turnkey" rifles to those who can't hit the broad side of a barn @ 50 yards.

Quite honestly, I'm not quite sure to applaud or deplore you for taking advantage of those ignorant to all things "rifle"......

Ah the bravery of the anonymous internet poster.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

Ah the bravery of the anonymous internet poster.

LOL!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
As far as inaccurate adjustment goes, you can measure what the click value actually is and input that into several different ballistic calculators and it will correct it all for you....

Well, not the one I'm using. Which ones can do that?

Missed this, but most all of them do it. Its called the "elevation correction factor"..its in the area where you set up your profile.

I use shooter,AE and applied ballistics.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks rosco. I got Applied Ballistics about a week ago, finally went on their website and saw how to do that. Now I need to figure out how to download and print a range card.

Edited to add: it's easy.

Last edited by smokepole; 10/24/14.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by broomd
Can't think of a reason the 2.5-8x36mm leupy or the 6x36mm or 42mm won't do the job.

The nightforce is nice, but seems like overkill and extra money spent which isn't needed.

Depends on how important zero retention, tracking, reliability and durability are to you....

The 2.5-8x36mm Leupold is a decent scope but if really used the majority will develop problems... And quick.

I have been using Leupold 2.5-8s for a few years and never had problems. Then again I don't suffer from LDS. grin

This one is from 25 years ago and the scope is still going strong.
[Linked Image]

You hunted with Jerry Seinfeld?

Ed
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 308ld

You hunted with Jerry Seinfeld?

Seinfeld has way more people saying he looks like me. I started the whole "look".

[Linked Image]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You look like someone who just jumped over the border fence there John.......or was it Jose before.............lol

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,418
Posts18,470,528
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.