Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I try to not leave the house until after morning rush hour. laugh

Rush hour in my town is non existent in the morning.....

but to get across town between 5 and 5:15 in the evening can occasionally be a nuisance...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
You should try to get out of our church lot after Mass! Kath and I just sit there and watch the games till it is empty, much wonderment to behold. Christian brotherly love seems to be left in the pew.

I know a Baptist will, being filled with the Holy Ghost and fearless, run your ass over in a flash on his way to the fried chicken dinner..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Leaving earlier is a difficult concept for many.

Can't be having any of that common sense. When the snow starts flying they drive just as fast.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just like shutting down a road or highway for a bad crash. Folks only know one way to get to work and they line up beeping their horns and backing up traffic even worse. I wish I had a nickle everytime someone asked if they could drive through the crash debris so they could get to work.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mac84
Just like shutting down a road or highway for a bad crash. Folks only know one way to get to work and they line up beeping their horns and backing up traffic even worse. I wish I had a nickle everytime someone asked if they could drive through the crash debris so they could get to work.

Amen to that. And at crashes I"m on my own dime and volunteering to try to avoid getting run over...

RE leaving in time, I hate anything but rural. I hate even driving to our town of 4500 to go to work every day. I don't like traffic...

That being said if I was in a city I'd figure out what would get me to work about 15 minutes or so early, under most situations barring a wreck or shut down roadway or flat or such... and then if any of the above happens I'll call in that X happened and I am on my way in, see ya when I get there.

If thats unsatisfactory to work, they don't have to fire me, I'll give em the finger myself.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Getting to work or being in the process of doing one's work are reasons to exceed the speed limit which are held especially sacred by many.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish I had a nickle everytime someone asked if they could drive through the crash debris so they could get to work.

If I had a dollar for each one that tried, we both be just as rich.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I wish I had a nickle everytime someone asked if they could drive through the crash debris so they could get to work.

I wish you guys would carry some brooms in your squad cars. That debris needs to be cleaned up faster. grin

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

Some places only have one way to get from A to B. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
grinYer giving Rodney Dangerfield a run for his money Pat grin

I'm tellin' ya. I'll be lucky to survive this little gig.

I can hear it now.......

LT; "I had a gal banging on my door all night.......I finally got up and let her out!"1 laugh

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It cracked me up hearing Pat talk about traffic in Texas.

I say, "Pat, WTF are you talking about, there's 4 trucks". I saw more vehicles in the Buc 'ee's parking lot than I did on the hiway...that is until Houston.

Until you run northern Va streets, don't talk to me about traffic.
You don't know traffic.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by gitem_12

The best ones are the ones who try and get out of the speed violation by saying how sorry they are for not seeing the flashing lights indicating the zone, because they were sending a text message

Here that would just get them another ticket.

It sid here too, matter of fact it won one fella who I stopped for 48 in a 15 a shiny set of bracelets and an arraignment in front of the judge that morning

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
It cracked me up hearing Pat talk about traffic in Texas.

I say, "Pat, WTF are you talking about, there's 4 trucks". I saw more vehicles in the Buc 'ee's parking lot than I did on the hiway...that is until Houston.

Until you run northern Va streets, don't talk to me about traffic.
You don't know traffic.

That's the problem with this gig, Bob. Traffic is moving at a stead 85-90mph and I'm standing in the middle of it. In the dark.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Didn't momma teach you not to play in the road?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Didn't momma teach you not to play in the road?

Yeah...but Daddy taught me you do whatever it takes to feed my family.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Most hear that!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I figure tickets are just part of the game. Say I get 1 ticket a year for $150.00. I run 10 miles and hour over the limit to and from work. That saves me 7.5 minute each way or 15 minutes a day. Thats a hour and fifteen minutes a week if I work 48 weeks a year that saves me 60 hours a years. So that means that ticket costs me $2.50 per hour well worth it in my book. I dont even come close to getting 1 ticket a year. Its been 6 years since my last one. I will probably get two of them tomorrow after writing this post.

Last edited by 7mmMato; 10/27/14.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
Its been 6 years since my last one.

That's okay, it's been at least 15 years since I wrote one. My theory is that anybody worth my time is going to jail.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wish all LE had that same attitude and left us poor hardworkin people alone wink.
I does bother me when people dont slow down when it is obvious some one is working on the road or directing traffic.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
hat's the problem with this gig, Bob. Traffic is moving at a stead 85-90mph and I'm standing in the middle of it. In the dark.
If that's what you're doing you need to find a really good shrink now, cause this ain't fixin itself. There's just way too many levels of wrong there.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 63 invisible), 3,041 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,618
Posts18,533,005
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.