Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
As a long term 'Skins fan, I look forward to this game. Dallas is just about as lousy a team as Washington, so it might be a fair game!

You obviously haven't been paying attention. Cowboys win this one going away. Sorry Bob.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
A divisional game with a sub par opponent are the games that scare me the worst. Preverted or not I hope the Boys beat the Skins. mtmuley

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Seventeen posts and everybody says "skins" or "skinz". Getting PC on us?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
I have to resort to last measures.

Cowboys are a ten star lock and I'd bet my farm on it.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
The REDSKINS are going to lose! wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
well geez Pat we're not supposed to say jigaboos, well unless your handle is Bristoe.

we're kind of a PC bunch around here, get on board lawdawg (grin)

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Always refer to them that way, only PC is the 'puter (sorry, COMputer) it was written with. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac

I predict the one time LPE gets it correct this year! grin

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No. Everybody has said Skins all along....for years.

I find "Packers" much more offensive than "Redskins". How long before the gay community takes a stand?

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
PC or not----GO

[Linked Image]

REDSKINS!!!!!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And oh yeah----Romo and team with a minimum of 3 int's/TO's!! Maybe as many as 6.

I've seen this move many many times!! grin

Go Nats!!!!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Yeah, so the cowgirls are on a roll thanks largely to a better-than-expected O line. These are the types of games where the favored team may be looking ahead and not totally focused -- not to the point of losing the game, but perhaps to the point of sustaining some key injuries. Call me a doubter, but I do not believe the cowgirls will still be performing at their recent level by the time the playoffs get underway. In fact, call that a prediction. ;-)

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Goddammit David...it's getting harder to fork out 10K a year.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Goddammit David...it's getting harder to fork out 10K a year.

Hey nobody said Bambi would work for free!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Dear Deeply Offended Redskins Haters: Actual Navajo Nation High School Mascot IS REDSKINS
9:21 AM 10/27/2014

FOLLOW ON TWITTER
A comprehensive review from 2013 shows that the United States is home to 62 high schools that have the Redskins as their athletic mascot. The majority of the students at three of those schools � or about five percent of them � are Native American.

The Washington Post sent an intrepid reporter briefly beyond the Beltway to find out what could possibly motivate students, parents, coaches and school officials at one of the schools: Red Mesa High School in the rural, isolated corner of northeastern Arizona.

Turns out it�s simple: They like their mascot just fine.

�I don�t find it derogatory,� school district superintendent Tommie Yazzie told the Post. �It�s a source of pride.�

Red Mesa student council president Mckenzie Lameman agreed.

�It�s not a racist slur if it originates from a Native American tribe,� the junior told the paper. �It�s always used in the context of sports.�

At a recent Red Mesa Redskins football, game, the Post reporter found dedicated parents stamping the bleachers and signs in the raucous, festive crowd reading �Redskin Nation� and �Fear the Spear.�

�There�s more important things to worry about than �Redskins,�� senior football player Arlo Begay told the Post.

Almost 90 percent of the students and over 70 percent of the teachers at Red Mesa favor keeping the Redskins mascot, according to a survey completed this month.

A 2004 poll by the Annenberg Public Policy Center poll concurs with this sentiment. That survey found that the Redskins name does not offend 90 percent of all actual Native Americans in the United States.

The feelings of the actual Navajo Nation members or actual Native Americans in general has done nothing to stop a very small but very dedicated group of deeply offended activists from lobbying the Washington Redskins football team to change its mascot or trying to force a name change through federal coercion.

�This protest feels like it�s coming from one person,� Red Mesa athletic director Al Begay told the Post.

Go Nats!!!!

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
In about two hours, Bart is going to text me and say something like, "how are things, punkin'?"

William Arthur Ward

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Outstanding job by Freddie Jones performing the Anthem!!!! Right to the end!!

I could even hear folks singing. Way to go TX!!! cool

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That was a great National Anthem Performance! Must have been some dust in my eye.

Here we go! Anything can happen while Romo is on the field. Let's just hope good Romo shows up & not Bad Romo!

Do hope Colt McCoy has a good game, and a loss, though!

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/27/14.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Did Bob just "lock pick" the Cowboys? Have we not seen this end result before (McCain, Romney, etc.)?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
That one hurt 2much.

I'm sorry but the Cowboys are going to beat the Skins by double digits.

Now this makes me nervous. I retract my bet. smile

Last edited by eyeball; 10/27/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1_deuce, 06hunter59, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,473
Posts18,529,410
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.