Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by GhettoSportsman
Originally Posted by DeereJohn
Turpentine,and a corn cob might do the trick.

HA! See, I knew someone here would suggest something up my ass! It's just that kind of place! lol
No it aint that.It's an old method the oldtimers used to use for dealing with cats.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RipSnort
Get a Hav-A-Hart trap big enough for coons.

RS

I've got one. I've been trying for months to get a different big tom cat, but they won't get near the traps! It's like they already know what it is!

The cats learn pretty fast. As kids we figured out that you can reteach them. Jam something under the lever to prevent the trap from tripping. Cover the sides as well, as they will/do reach in from the side and scoop up food.

Now that the trap wont "trap" them, feed them every night for a week or so. Tuna works great. Get them all sorts of used to it. food nearby, food inside, food on the triiger, you name it.

Then after a week or so fo them finally getting used to a free meal remove the trigger block.

I wonder if the golden malrin might be of use for flies and such as well?

ethylene glycol is a bad way to go. Cats kidneys are not robust, but the death isnt fast. No need to torture them.

As mentioned earlier, cats dont like to swim but you could try to learn them on that as well. After you trap them, of course.

Good luck. Dont get caught. Feral cats are a legitimate problem in places. Its getting that way here again.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Before and after...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
No it aint that.It's an old method the oldtimers used to use for dealing with cats.

Not familiar. They will eat the turp corn?

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I have a Crosman 1377 pump-up air pistol, and I used to have a problem cat in the neighborhood. That's all I'm gonna say.

Well, maybe one more thing. My garbage pickup is on Friday, and the last time I saw that damn cat was on a Thursday.

Note to self: we're out of black plastic trash bags...

OH!!!! THAT CROSSMAN GAVE ME A WOODY!!! Thanks!

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G

HA! See, I knew someone here would suggest something up my ass! It's just that kind of place! lol

You mean they would eat that thing with turp all over it???

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just make sure you use something powerful enough and make a good head shot. Nothing brings attention like a wounded cat screaming all over the neighborhood.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Bocefish
Poison blow darts if you're proficient in such tactics, notthat I've ever done that before.

I'd probably swallow the damn things!!!!! lol AND I've got copd and probaly couldn't blow the darn thing out the end of the barrel!
I gaurentee you would swallow it,because everytime you are about to shoot one of them blowguns a smart elic rabbit blows on the other end..I know it's true cause I seen it on TV.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by RipSnort
Get a Hav-A-Hart trap big enough for coons.

RS

I've got one. I've been trying for months to get a different big tom cat, but they won't get near the traps! It's like they already know what it is!

The cats learn pretty fast. As kids we figured out that you can reteach them. Jam something under the lever to prevent the trap from tripping. Cover the sides as well, as they will/do reach in from the side and scoop up food.

Now that the trap wont "trap" them, feed them every night for a week or so. Tuna works great. Get them all sorts of used to it. food nearby, food inside, food on the triiger, you name it.

Then after a week or so fo them finally getting used to a free meal remove the trigger block.

I wonder if the golden malrin might be of use for flies and such as well?

ethylene glycol is a bad way to go. Cats kidneys are not robust, but the death isnt fast. No need to torture them.

As mentioned earlier, cats dont like to swim but you could try to learn them on that as well. After you trap them, of course.

Good luck. Dont get caught. Feral cats are a legitimate problem in places. Its getting that way here again.

I have been doing just that for a while now! All of the ferals except for 2 really big nasty toms have fallen for it and got fixed and relocated (new homes not dumped somewhere). BUT these 2 damn toms won't get anywhere near the traps no matter how hungry they get! Their way to wild and smart! I need to ambush them I think!

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

You mean they would eat that thing with turp all over it???
No it envolves catching the cat,and a corncob soaked in turpentine..The oldtimers claim the used to do it,but probably just talk.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Just make sure you use something powerful enough and make a good head shot. Nothing brings attention like a wounded cat screaming all over the neighborhood.

EXACTLY! If I could ambush them at 4am with the 410 I could put an end to their crap!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cats are easy to get rid of. You get good at it when your neighborhood is plagued by them because stupid women and their coddling dumbazz men go about spay/neuter and release all the strays in the area (they never get them all). You end up with decades of disease carrying nasty cats laying waste to everything they can kill. So, you figure out how to get rid of them. Check your medicine cabinet and then cross reference cat toxicity.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 4ager
Cats are easy to get rid of. You get good at it when your neighborhood is plagued by them because stupid women and their coddling dumbazz men go about spay/neuter and release all the strays in the area (they never get them all). You end up with decades of disease carrying nasty cats laying waste to everything they can kill. So, you figure out how to get rid of them. Check your medicine cabinet and then cross reference cat toxicity.

Actually I'm one of them coddling dumbazz men! I don't want to kill em all! I just want to get rid of one (actually 2) of the bad ones! They've cleaned up the neighborhood of mice and chipmunks and the squirrels stay pretty much in the trees and have quit burying things all over the place and digging up other places! I like having some of them around.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Shoot it with the Benjamin. Pick your time when
neighbors are not in sight. Shoot 'em the day before
garbage pick-up. After the kill, let it calm down all around.
Make sure nobody can see you. Put on some good gloves and
put it in the trash. Good Luck! cool

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I figured everyone had heard about taking a cob,and turpentine to a cat, but now I feel crazy.I googled it and this outta explain it. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=turpentine%20cat

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CB'S or Aguila Colibris, a weapon appropriately zeroed and a Kennedy/Lincoln sight picture are all you need. Squeeze, shoot and shovel.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Aquila super colibri. Discharged from inside your house (muzzle inside the house), through a cracked window. Will sound like a hand-clap inside the house, and relatively nothing outside. Give it a try inside, at 30 feet, into a phone book. No semi-automatics.

Last edited by backtobethel; 10/27/14.

Give me land, lots of land, under starry skies above. Don't fence me in.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
In a discussion about the worlds most powerful liquid, the Priest says "I can just sprinkle a little Holly water on a pregnant womans belly and she'll pass a baby boy!"
Little Johny says "Hell, that ain't nuthin' Father. Slap a little turpentine on a cats azz an it'll pass a motorsickle!!" shocked crazy laugh

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The proper way to "turpentine" a cat does involve catching it first which of course seems to be the problem the OP has been having. Works better if it is alive too. A properly turpentined cat needs his butt liberally roughed up with the corn cob and then you dowse it with the juice. Holding a cat you have caught and completing these two essential steps is not for the faint of heart. Stuck head first into an old lace up boot with breathing holes in the toe is a pretty good way to subdue said cat while the "roughing up" procedure is done but even that ain't an easy chore as you can imagine. Once you get him roughed up you need to let him rest a bit before the last step in the procedure. This is a good time to take care of any medical needs such as scratches and bites you or any helpers and bystanders have received up to this point.

The last step can be tricky (as if the first ones weren't) as you should reach down and untie the boot laces with one hand while applying about an eighth cup of the juice with the other. Don't worry about loosening the laces as it is a given that the subject will launch out of the boot in a very surprising manner. It is a given that you will never see this cat again but for the next 3.2 nano seconds an area roughly the circumference of 40 acres needs to be avoided until he gets lined out in a straight away direction. Hope this helps...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (6mmCreedmoor, 375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 794 guests, and 874 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,906
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.