Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah you right. Hopefully it won't last long. Of course, "in the dark" is referring to the fact that there are no lights other than my emergency lights and road flares. They don't seem to matter, as one driver said....."Officer, I'm doing the speed limit.". 75mph is a little fast to drive though a road block.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
It cracked me up hearing Pat talk about traffic in Texas.

I say, "Pat, WTF are you talking about, there's 4 trucks". I saw more vehicles in the Buc 'ee's parking lot than I did on the hiway...that is until Houston.

Until you run northern Va streets, don't talk to me about traffic.
You don't know traffic.

Having regularly done Charlotte, NC traffic, Dallas traffic, San Francisco traffic, and now Houston traffic, I can assure you traffic sucks in Houston smirk

I live 15 miles from work, and if I don't leave before 7, it can take 90 minutes. If I leave at 6:30, it's an hour frown

But Shanghai is somewhat worse. smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Didn't momma teach you not to play in the road?

Yeah...but Daddy taught me you do whatever it takes to feed my family.

You got me!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

I say, "Pat, WTF are you talking about, there's 4 trucks". I saw more vehicles in the Buc 'ee's parking lot than I did on the hiway...that is until Houston.

You don't know traffic.

That's the problem with this gig, Bob. Traffic is moving at a stead 85-90mph and I'm standing in the middle of it. In the dark.

Break out the spike strips and utilize the magnum Taser. That, or do what the MSP jokers do on overnight details: sleep.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T LEE
You should try to get out of our church lot after Mass! Kath and I just sit there and watch the games till it is empty, much wonderment to behold. Christian brotherly love seems to be left in the pew.

You are assuming they had any to leave in the pew.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

You don't know traffic.

Having regularly done Charlotte, NC traffic, Dallas traffic, San Francisco traffic, and now Houston traffic, I can assure you traffic sucks in Houston smirk

I live 15 miles from work, and if I don't leave before 7, it can take 90 minutes. If I leave at 6:30, it's an hour frown

But Shanghai is somewhat worse. smirk

Traffic in Shanghai likely makes any North American traffic seem tame. From my recollection the phrase "salmon run" comes to mind. 34 million people one city...

I live on the outskirts of our city of 85,000 (this is the major hub of Northern BC). I have a grueling 6 mile/9 minute drive down a picturesque road following a river to the downtown core. 4 traffic lights! In rush hour this can stretch out to 12 to 14 minutes.

I'll take small city Northern BC.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i normally a pretty good driver but on hwy 93 the speed limit fluctuates from 45-70 with a few random 50, 55 and 65 in the mix, and one trooper has got me 3 times doing 65 in the 55, he's always cool about it and I'm always nice to him.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Update...It's amazing how word spreads when half a dozen traffic units concentrate on a relatively small area.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Update...It's amazing how word spreads when half a dozen traffic units concentrate on a relatively small area.

there's an app for that...

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1minute, 66 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,431
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.