Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
She not real tough so she's going to end it early so I don't have to go through any pain, the new generation.

Not so. From the article:
�bone-splitting� headaches, seizures and �moments when I�m looking at my husband�s face and I can�t think of his name.�

From what I have noted the last 60 or so years, is everyone is different. And pain levels with different terminal illnesses are also different.

I'm glad to see most don't have a problem letting this unfortunate young lady handle her life, and death, in the best (for her) way she sees fit. And I hope she will never read this thread.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Wtxj
That's not the way it works 4ager. Ask the many cancer ridden people on this site.

You happen to be talking with one that has looked the grim reaper in the eyes.

Last Thanksgiving, after feeling very bad for over a year, I started coughing up blood. Not a little stripe of red, but after I was done, it looked like someone had gutted a deer... It gets your attention, rather well.

My initial doctor visit, and combined with 35 years of smoking, they told me of the distinct possibility of having advanced lung cancer, for which there is no cure.

I had those possibilities to consider. Seriously.

After I was admitted, and went through the whole plethora of what was "going on", they found that my main artery in my heart was 99.9% blocked, and did emergency catheterization on me, with a stent.

My heart was enlarged, and caused pressure in my chest to precipitate the coughing of blood. I had also experienced a total of 4 heart attacks until the procedure saved my life.

So, I was faced with thinking about the terminal effects of advanced lung cancer, and saw what a death by it meant, through stories of others.

I don't smoke any more. I eat healthier, and I am grateful that I didn't have to endure what death awaited me with lung cancer. And while I had already made up my mind not to pursue treatments that would only "prolong" my life for a few short, months, I had not made the decision to take my own life either.

I don't judge those that ought to have the freedom to make their own choices. Those choices are between them and God.

You the man. Sure glad everything has worked out for you. You are one of the better educated people on here.

Each person has to face their own choices for themselves.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

about ten years ago, i watched my mother die a slow death. Then 3months later it was my son's turn. A victim of downwinders, i.e. govt testing of nuclear bombs in nevada, and blowover radiation into arizona, and he died of cancer. That day i called up to prescott, sensed it was time and got there just in time to hold his hand and whisper in his ear, just let go, let it get done. About 30seconds later, he died. I watched him suffer with that cancer for months. He died about four days before the 4th of july, so you can imagine how our fourth's go these days. People shouldn't outlive their kids. Ronnie was my stepson. A couple of months before he died we were having this conversation, I never knew what to call him, son, friend, buddy, he was all of these. He gave me then the biggest compliment i ever got, and said i was always there for him, unlike his biological dad, so "dad" worked for him. I miss him to this day.
Tomorrow I will be up where we always deer hunted, and i will do like I do every year, stop by the place he liked to camp and remember. Cancer is an evil thing, and I don't have good answers except i don't blame anyone that wants to end the pain.
I remember that last elk hunt he tried to do. He did the walking and so on, but would be screaming at night from the pain. It isn't fun to be in a camp listening to your son cry out like that and not a damn thing you can do. I do know if he had chosen to take his own life, none of us, and I mean none, would have blamed him.

Sorry for the loss of your son. It's always tough when the children go first.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Nope, you can't understand it.

I do have trouble trying to follow illogical thinking.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by whelennut
My wife died three years ago from stage 4 breast cancer.
She was given morphine to deaden the pain.
Her family kept begging the nurses to give her more so she wouldn't suffer.
The nurses thought she would die soon after she quit eating and drinking but they were wrong.

I hope I never have to watch somebody that I love go through that again.
whelennut

I can emphasis with that situation.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
She not real tough so she's going to end it early so I don't have to go through any pain, the new generation.

Not so. From the article:
�bone-splitting� headaches, seizures and �moments when I�m looking at my husband�s face and I can�t think of his name.�

From what I have noted the last 60 or so years, is everyone is different. And pain levels with different terminal illnesses are also different.

I'm glad to see most don't have a problem letting this unfortunate young lady handle her life, and death, in the best (for her) way she sees fit. And I hope she will never read this thread.

You and me both.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I admire her, and her family, too. I've been involved in health care too long. I've seen the side where there is nothing that can be done, but the family insists on putting the patient through all manner of torture to "extend" his or her life. And they always manage to find a doc that's willing to take the money. In many cases, the patient is too sick to offer firm resistance, or just wants to go along. With torture? I'll be damned if I'll do that to my family. Dad got his diagnosis of terminal lung CA almost 23yrs ago. "Do everything or do nothing." A month to a year. He went home and had a beer, and died a month later, at home where he wanted to be. Not being poked, prodded, violently ill from chemo or burned by radiation. This girl's made a sound decision. Prayers for her and her family.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I watched my wife and her sister apparently murder their father this past spring by 'pulling' the plug so to speak.

Not sure I'd check myself out, but it should be my decision.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Throwing away her God given gift of life. Prayers for her soul.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
But she ain't throwing away her God given Free Will!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last spring I went down to help my brother as we watched his wife die of cancer. This after he went through the same thing with our mom the year before, and our dad six years before that. Our dad had them pull his feeding tube, still took him several days to die at 80 years old and looking like a prisoner from Auschwiz.

If you've never seen someone die of cancer, it's pretty easy to say they are giving up the fight or wimping out. If you've gone though it, you might have a different perspective.

Our medical profession does a wonderful job keeping people "alive" when there is 0 quality of life. Palliative care is sorely lacking.

There's a fine line between providing a fatal dose of a pain killer, and doctor assisted suicide.

For those condemning her actions, I pray you never have to see a loved one go through the agony of terminal cancer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not trying to pick a fight, just curious. For those who oppose her making her decision, do you also oppose pain meds? Wouldn't the pain be God's plan as well? Is it OK to medicate to unconsciousness but not death? Where exactly is that line? Should they just gut it up and refuse all medications?

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Note to self:

Scratch Wtxj from Medical power of attorney candidate list...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Oh yeah.. I would definitely want my family to use every resource (empty the bank accounts and sell all the houses and cars) to make sure I have every second of life. They can get by after I'm gone ......somehow. (sarc off)

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Her life, her choice. She isn't a hero or a coward. She is scared of suffering, and scared of the suffering that she will put her family through. She is just a girl who has been dealt a [bleep] hand, and that is about the end of it. I don't admire her, I pity her.

Agreed.

Aye.

As far as her speaking out, good for her.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Not trying to pick a fight, just curious. For those who oppose her making her decision, do you also oppose pain meds? Wouldn't the pain be God's plan as well? Is it OK to medicate to unconsciousness but not death? Where exactly is that line? Should they just gut it up and refuse all medications?

No fight--not at all, all the pain meds she wants, even the blue pill of death if that's what she wants. Go for it gal.
Even use a pistol or rifle.

But my above link some think she not go to use the blue pill of death on Sat. Maybe the pains not quite that bad yet. Maybe she still wants to live a while longer. She got a lot of money sent to her, maybe she wants to spend it. No telling with todays young crowd.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Armchair quarterbacking someone's life is as wrong as any other instance of speculation on circumstances that haven't been personally experienced. How do people die? How should they die? These are questions that only God can answer. If you don't believe in God, you have a different perspective. I will stick with a belief in God.

There is nothing to tear at your heart, as to have a conversation with your daughter that is battling cancer and have her tell you she doesn't want to die. Being afraid of dying is different. For years we talked about everything, death wasn't something we talked about, but as the years progressed we understood it could shorten her life, substantially.

She was a wonderful person, robbed of one of her most valuable possessions, time. There is nothing fair about cancer and to try and understand it from a human perspective is impossible. I believe in God and that His plan, though different than mine, is somehow better.

We didn't talk about a convenient time for her to end her life, we stood by her and hoped for any miracle that would save her. It never happened and I sat in a hospital room, holding her hand as she took her last breath and cried.

That has been almost 4 years ago, I still cry every day, there is nothing like the loss of a child.

I see two different philosophies here. Some of us want to have absolute control and try to compartmentalize our lives for some satisfaction of control and organization. To those who do that, I am not condemning them, but I feel a stronger association with God and that it isn't up to us to make our lives so convenient that we forget who we are and why we are here.

Cancer is a merciless killer and I can't understand it, I miss Paige every day...

[Linked Image]

Schrapnel,

I was looking for the words to respond to this thread and you did a better job than I ever could have done. We lost our son and only child three years ago tomorrow, to cancer. He was 40 at the time of his passing. He was actually my step son but I never had any children of my own and he and I were very close.

Cancer is an insidious disease and nothing can prepare a family for its affect on their lives and the loss of a child to cancer is a blow no parent should suffer. God showed me a level of strength and faith in my wife I never would have seen otherwise. She was strong beyond anything I could have imagined. She and our daughter in law cared for him in his last days at home and both were with him when he passed. Etta's faith never wavered during this ordeal.

I spent some time mad at God for letting my wife suffer the loss of her child. But when we had his memorial service and I saw the number of people his life touched I realized he blessed a lot of lives and those lives blessed ours in our grief. Thanks Schrapnel for sharing.

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, I don't admire her. They are going to take me out kicking and screaming. Life is too precious swallow a couple of pills and go to bed.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeoW
Throwing away her God given gift of life. Prayers for her soul.

g

To paraphrase Josey Wales: " dying ain't much of a life".

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.