Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by add

damn! she don't look that good to have to put up with all that!!!!

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You only want to kill one particular cat, so do NOT use an indiscriminate method which kills - conibear, poison, etc. I'm sure you would feel bad if you killed a different cat. Use a live trap to make sure you get the right one. If it is a feral cat, no need to drop it off to Animal Control.

Then it is up to you to kill it quickly, preferably a shot to the head out in the country.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by grouseman
You only want to kill one particular cat, so do NOT use an indiscriminate method which kills - conibear, poison, etc. I'm sure you would feel bad if you killed a different cat. Use a live trap to make sure you get the right one. If it is a feral cat, no need to drop it off to Animal Control.

Then it is up to you to kill it quickly, preferably a shot to the head out in the country.

I agree 100%! Problem is this particular cat knows all about traps and won't go near em.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
DAMN! I've been posting here and burnt my breakfast!!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you're a handloader, you can make some very quiet centerfire loads. Never tried them on flesh, but a 38 cal hollow base wadcutter loaded backwards in a 35 whelen over ~1 gr of bullseye will make it half way through a phone book and expand quite nicely. Report is about that of a cap gun. The one that impressed me the most was as I recall 5 gr of red dot under a 60 gr hollowpoint in a 218 mashburn contender. Penetrated a 4X4, three 2X4's and then when it hit the concrete floor it pancaked to quarter size. Needless to say, report was quite a bit more than a cap gun.

Lots of other options depending on caliber and bullets. It's amazing what a few grains of fast powder can do...

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I had them same problem.......Solution. Go to Harbor Freight pickup a Large Live Trap!!!!!Stop on the way Home and pickup a can of Sardines Place in Trap, catch cat and take him to the middle of the National forest and set him Free.......Problem solved and no crime involved.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
If you're a handloader, you can make some very quiet centerfire loads. Never tried them on flesh, but a 38 cal hollow base wadcutter loaded backwards in a 35 whelen over ~1 gr of bullseye will make it half way through a phone book and expand quite nicely. Report is about that of a cap gun. The one that impressed me the most was as I recall 5 gr of red dot under a 60 gr hollowpoint in a 218 mashburn contender. Penetrated a 4X4, three 2X4's and then when it hit the concrete floor it pancaked to quarter size. Needless to say, report was quite a bit more than a cap gun.

Lots of other options depending on caliber and bullets. It's amazing what a few grains of fast powder can do...

I do have some 223 blue dot Seafire loads for my Encore pistol! If I remember correctly they were slightly louder than normal rimfire rounds! If I do say screw it and shoot the little bastard, I'll have to stick with shot I think as the other homes are 50 yards or so from mine. My little 10" 410 barrel wouldn't hurt a fly at 50 yards!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was thinking of Seafire blue dot loads, yup not much louder than a 22 and very accurate.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My vote is CB Caps or Aguila Colibris in a short barrel handgun. If a rifle use the CB's as I've seen Colibris stick in a 16" rifle barrel.

I'm also curious about the subsonic loads from Gemtech but haven't been able to get a hold of any.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have, or rather had the same problem and have neighbors on all sides. Winchester 67 single shot and CCI CB longs or shorts. Problem solved. Good out to about 30 yards, plus or minus.

I shot 67 tree rats and 11 crows in my back yard last year from about this time until Easter. Not a single complaint.

pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
KenMtnMn, I disagree with the set it free on public lands policy, with any feral animal. Cats kill millions of small mammals and birds. I would set it free from the bonds of earth.

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
I wish I could get the hell out of this city and back to the country! You guys wouldn't have to hear any of this crap and that devil cat would be long gone!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A Seridan Bluestreak loaded with a diablo pellet and about ten pumps inside of thirty yards should do it!
I've taken bigger game with it.

...making America shoot straight again.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
my stepson made the news and police blotter yrs ago, when he got in a fight and picked up a cat that was walking by and used it like a club to beat the guy he was fighting. cat died, police blotter started out " man pussy whopped".

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by stxhunter
my stepson made the news and police blotter yrs ago, when he got in a fight and picked up a cat that was walking by and used it like a club to beat the guy he was fighting. cat died, police blotter started out " man pussy whopped".

Are you pullin my third leg? Cause I seem to remember reading a story very similar to that!

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
No. 4 treble hook baited with a sardine, tied to 50# test braided line with hook 40 in. off the ground.

Put in earplugs and go to sleep.

SOMEBODY will come and kill him for you.

Reminds me of a day in 1976, I was 12 at the time and practicing my baitcasting skills in the apartment courtyard when a black and white cat came out of nowhere and snagged the spinnerbait on a quick retrieve. Once it felt the barb it flat hauled ass stripping the Abu 5000 of 30# mono with the finale, a loud crack that sounded like a bullwhip.

My neighbor downstairs called me a few days later to come down and "help remove a hook from a cat"...the cat was on the bathroom sink, wrapped in a towel with the spinnerbait hooked through the web of one paw and the skin of the neck.

Once my neighbor clipped the hook and the paw was free all hell broke loose with a man, a boy and one pissed off cat in a locked 4x6 bathroom....a very bad day for the man and the cat.

Dave

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have killed more cats than most. I hate the SOBs. Muddy foot prints on my truck make me insanely mad.

I don't have many neighbors but if I did I would catch the cat in a live trap then as I walked to the house I would talk to the cat in my best Bob Ross impression, (hey pretty boy we're gonna get you something to eat, o yes we are) you know, put on a show for any onlookers. Then when you get inside put a .22 CB in his brain via the eyeball. If you miss the brain get ready for a show! Nothing thrashes like a cat when shot! I hate'em as bad as crows.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GhettoSportsman
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

I do have some 223 blue dot Seafire loads for my Encore pistol! If I remember correctly they were slightly louder than normal rimfire rounds! If I do say screw it and shoot the little bastard, I'll have to stick with shot I think as the other homes are 50 yards or so from mine. My little 10" 410 barrel wouldn't hurt a fly at 50 yards!

If you want quite in a .223 Pistol load I think Trailboss is your huckleberry.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Today is National Cat Day.

Just sayin'. smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 257Bob, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 58 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,293
Posts18,486,946
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.