-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to think I'd keep my mouth shut, enjoy the time I had, and when close, take a long walk on a cold winter day in my favorite wood.

Damn sure don't want to be kept alive so I can chit and piss all over myself and have a bunch of women crying over me as I writhe in a bed.

Again, Good on her for speaking out.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm not judging her heart; God will do that. It's very sad situation and I can empathize with her plight and even understand her decision if she is not a Christian which I expect she is not.

What unbelievers fail to grasp (and even many Christians), is that in the context of Biblical teaching, this life will be difficult; and that God allows these devastating trials and tribulations for our good, for our sanctification - refinement by fire so to speak.

I believe God allows special grace and peace to those who believe and trust in Him fully while in the deepest of valleys, particularly imminent death. How else can one explain second century saints singing hymns while being burned at the stake, or calmly being mauled to death by wild beasts in the Roman coliseums.

Lastly, taking ones life, God-given, purposely is suicide regardless of the semantics the law tags it with and the circumstances involved. Suicide is self-murder, Which I believe is morally wrong and a sin. Not an unforgivable sin but a sin nevertheless.

Furthermore, assuming she is an unbeliever, this life is all there is before an eternity of judgement. And she at her young age is intent on giving up days, or weeks (?) of her very short life wherein she might find the God who is ever ready to answer and grant her that peace, grace, and very much more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With your medical background, I'm very surprised at the reasoning (or lack of it) behind your post. You 'assume' something that you shouldn't (about her not being a Christian). Although God "will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear", He certainly will let you suffer beyond what you can bear.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Here is a state "christian" doctor who can diagnose and recommend end of life procedures for your loved ones simply by watching a video of them.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Suicide is someone trying to escape a gambling debt, or Someone who's heart was just broken by a loved one, Depression and such.These people often have ways to recover and live longer lives..

Terminal Cancer with no chance of Recovery is far from Suicide. If she ends her life while trying to keep some sort of Dignity, I'll think no less of her.

She was dealt a crap hand, she can decide when to fold.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
If she wasn't hot it would never be news, and no, I don't.

Indeed, they should allow police to get involved so they can benefit from her death.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
With your medical background, I'm very surprised at the reasoning (or lack of it) behind your post. You 'assume' something that you shouldn't (about her not being a Christian). Although God "will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear", He certainly will let you suffer beyond what you can bear.

Antlers, I provided exact reasoning. As to "not letting you suffer beyond what you can bear," that is also to my point: how do you know what you cannot bear if you end your life? That is the point of God's grace and peace to those who look to him in "those moments," as exemplified by the martyrs mentioned and countless others through time who have relied on him to the end.

Additionally, short of so-called euthanasia, there are supportive measures that do not end life but help as life ends.

I am not judging her heart or that of any others who choose this route including those who are Christians. I just hold a different view. I have a living will that should I come down with a devastating, fatal disease, I would not choose this route; however, I would not want extreme or extraordinary, costly measures either. I would do, hopefully, as a neighbor friend did before he died from melanoma, submit to experimental treatments in the hope of helping the next person.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Suicide is someone trying to escape a gambling debt, or Someone who's heart was just broken by a loved one, Depression and such.These people often have ways to recover and live longer lives..

Terminal Cancer with no chance of Recovery is far from Suicide. If she ends her life while trying to keep some sort of Dignity, I'll think no less of her.

She was dealt a crap hand, she can decide when to fold.

Well said.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shootinurse
I admire her, and her family, too. I've been involved in health care too long. I've seen the side where there is nothing that can be done, but the family insists on putting the patient through all manner of torture to "extend" his or her life. And they always manage to find a doc that's willing to take the money. In many cases, the patient is too sick to offer firm resistance, or just wants to go along. With torture? I'll be damned if I'll do that to my family. Dad got his diagnosis of terminal lung CA almost 23yrs ago. "Do everything or do nothing." A month to a year. He went home and had a beer, and died a month later, at home where he wanted to be. Not being poked, prodded, violently ill from chemo or burned by radiation. This girl's made a sound decision. Prayers for her and her family.

My brother has talked about that to in the past. He said he has seen where wealthy old people are kept alive until the money runs out and than suddenly the old person dies.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I'm not judging her heart; God will do that. It's very sad situation and I can empathize with her plight and even understand her decision if she is not a Christian which I expect she is not.

What unbelievers fail to grasp (and even many Christians), is that in the context of Biblical teaching, this life will be difficult; and that God allows these devastating trials and tribulations for our good, for our sanctification - refinement by fire so to speak.

I believe God allows special grace and peace to those who believe and trust in Him fully while in the deepest of valleys, particularly imminent death. How else can one explain second century saints singing hymns while being burned at the stake, or calmly being mauled to death by wild beasts in the Roman coliseums.

Lastly, taking ones life, God-given, purposely is suicide regardless of the semantics the law tags it with and the circumstances involved. Suicide is self-murder, Which I believe is morally wrong and a sin. Not an unforgivable sin but a sin nevertheless.

Furthermore, assuming she is an unbeliever, this life is all there is before an eternity of judgement. And she at her young age is intent on giving up days, or weeks (?) of her very short life wherein she might find the God who is ever ready to answer and grant her that peace, grace, and very much more.

That's all fine and dandy back in the day but today I don't want to have a terminal illness that will leave my wife in poverty with a tin cup on the corner begging for a hand out because I was going to stay alive no matter what it cost for as long as possible and then die anyway.

To me that's more of a sin then ending my life before the money runs out. To each his own.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antlers

Antlers, I provided exact reasoning. As to "not letting you suffer beyond what you can bear," that is also to my point: how do you know what you cannot bear if you end your life? That is the point of God's grace and peace to those who look to him in "those moments," as exemplified by the martyrs mentioned and countless others through time who have relied on him to the end.

Additionally, short of so-called euthanasia, there are supportive measures that do not end life but help as life ends.

I am not judging her heart or that of any others who choose this route including those who are Christians. I just hold a different view. I have a living will that should I come down with a devastating, fatal disease, I would not choose this route; however, I would not want extreme or extraordinary, costly measures either. I would do, hopefully, as a neighbor friend did before he died from melanoma, submit to experimental treatments in the hope of helping the next person.

I don't about you but I know how much pain I can bear which is about a five or six on the pain scale.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4ager
Not a coward. A quitter.

Explain how she is quitting when there are no effective treatments and she has terminal cancer. She is going to die very soon. Either she will go on her own terms, peacefully, or she will die a much slower, agonizing death. Either way, she's going to die very soon; there's no "quitting" involved.

At least die trying.

You are a complete piece of [bleep] dogchit, You [bleep] i bet you've never had someone close to you die of cancer, I lost my dad in 06 after taking care of him for 18mos while he died of brain cancer, i garauntee you have no damn;d idea the hell that brain cancer causes for people that have it, i hope you rot in hell, or get shot by some illegal, get [bleep] you self righteous piece of chit

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by acooper1983

You are a complete piece of [bleep] dogchit, You [bleep] i bet you've never had someone close to you die of cancer, I lost my dad in 06 after taking care of him for 18mos while he died of brain cancer, i garauntee you have no damn;d idea the hell that brain cancer causes for people that have it, i hope you rot in hell, or get shot by some illegal, get [bleep] you self righteous piece of chit

I'll take a guess and say your a Christian.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Watched this on Netflix the other day.

Perspectives from those going through it-

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1715802/

Last edited by robertham1; 10/29/14.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Praise be to him, the almighty God of free will. He who allows us to choose between "living" in pain and then suffering a gruesome death or skipping that chit to reach the same end but suffer an eternity of judgement. His plan for her was torture, how dare she avoid that! She should definitely stick it out so she can find this benevolent peace giver. Religion is so great, amen.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W

+1.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Not trying to pick a fight, just curious. For those who oppose her making her decision, do you also oppose pain meds? Wouldn't the pain be God's plan as well? Is it OK to medicate to unconsciousness but not death? Where exactly is that line? Should they just gut it up and refuse all medications?
seriously? Taking an aspirin is not the same as blowing your brains out.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nathanial

Well im sure as hell not a muslim, but i dont attend any church regularly. I do however believe there is a god, and I dont believe that he wants any of his children to suffer in this way.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I am praying for this girl and her family.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nathanial

Well im sure as hell not a muslim, but i dont attend any church regularly. I do however believe there is a god, and I dont believe that he wants any of his children to suffer in this way.

You believe but do you have faith?

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (257Bob, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 1234, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,661
Posts18,493,598
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.