Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by safariman
[quote=Harry M]When you shoot and kill innocent people, no matter who they are, you have given up your rights to be treated as a decent human being. [/quot e]

Not so in this great land. Until the after the trial (wherein all of us expect he will be found guilty as charged) suspects who are, by the accounts I read including the officers reports, giving up peacefully, should be treated as just that, citizen - suspects. It is not for the arresting officers to mete out any retribution. Though I readily recognize that such would be a HUGE temptation. Maybe a temptation beyond most of our abilities to withstand. I may have acted the same way, don't know. My only point was that violence against a still 'suspect' is a bad genie to let out of the bottle.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shut up, liar.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by KFWA
the big surprise is that he was taken alive.

Not really. I never figured he had the balls to get in an active gunfight, and really didnt think he had enough chutzpa to kill himself. This was a game to him, some whacked out fantasy, with the reality just setting in for him.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dude rips off the elderly to make a living, and passes judgement on how others should act.

You just can't make this chit up.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but the reality of the situation says an violent, armed 'suspect' can expect a few more scuffs/scrapes during arrest than a jay walking soccer mom...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[quote=Harry M]When you shoot and kill innocent people, no matter who they are, you have given up your rights to be treated as a decent human being. [/quot e]

Not so in this great land. Until the after the trial (wherein all of us expect he will be found guilty as charged) suspects who are, by the accounts I read including the officers reports, giving up peacefully, should be treated as just that, citizen - suspects. It is not for the arresting officers to mete out any retribution. Though I readily recognize that such would be a HUGE temptation. Maybe a temptation beyond most of our abilities to withstand. I may have acted the same way, don't know. My only point was that violence against a still 'suspect' is a bad genie to let out of the bottle.

They didn't dole out any retribution. It was a felony takedown. You're not gonna be treated with kid gloves. There was no violence against the suspect.

Just because one appears to" give up peacefully" does not mean we will let our guard down and have tea and crumpets with you. You're going to be directed to do things. When you fail to do them you will get assistance in doing them.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Here is an excerpt from an article interveiwing the marshall who arrested frein

In an interview with CNN, Malkowski elaborated, saying that when marshals approached Frein he was prone on the ground but was looking up at the marshals. Standard protocol, Malkowski said, is to have the suspect look away from law enforcement, so he cannot anticipate their moves.

So Frein was forced to be face first on the asphalt looking away from officers. In the process, his face was scraped, Malkowski told CNN.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PUT THE SHOVEL DOWN!!!!!!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!!!!

Much like Ron White. SM seems to not have the 'ability'

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
He is lucky it wasn't 30 years or so back he would have looked a lot worse. I have no sympathy for this scum and no respect for those who would show him any mercy.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This original post was never meant for intelligent discussion among like minded reasonable thinking adult men. It was a pitiful attempt to troll for attention, be that good or bad.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Troubling"? Really? This piece of crap murdered two cops and will probably be fed and housed at taxpayer expense for the rest of his life, Most likely being considered a celebrity among the prison population for what he did.

And the OP is troubled because he got his face scratched up? F**kin' idiot. mad

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Why would he quit when y'all keep playing his game?
Put him on ignore, or stop whining about his posts

It's not rocket science

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm not complaining. I don't bitch about free entertainment

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC
This original post was never meant for intelligent discussion among like minded reasonable thinking adult men. It was a pitiful attempt to troll for attention, be that good or bad.

Actually I did put it up in hopes of starting a reasonable adult conversation. I am surprised a bit that I am the only one who is concerned about the actions of the arresting officers.

But, if that is the case, so be it. I have never been afraid of being a minority voice in a matter of conscience and liberty. Let each man decide for himself where he falls on this question. My position remains unchanged, that police do not have the right to impose injury if a suspect is being compliant. I was not there, and if the suspect refused to move his head in a certain direction as ordered then some force would certainly be in order, but I don't see how a simply moving his face to the side would result in three separate wounds and two of them that bloody. Report did not note any attempts of the suspect to intentionally injure himself.

I agree with others that he was probably not brave enough to injure himself or try a firefight etc. To 'snipe' an unsuspecting person is, without question, an act of utmost cowardice.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Claiborne is running a con here, and swindling people.

That can't, and shouldn't be ignored.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not so in this great land. ���. My only point was that violence against a still 'suspect' is a bad genie to let out of the bottle.

Perhaps you have forgotten what can happen when attempting an arrest...

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/2-men-arrested-for-shooting-death-of-troopers/25773622

I was remind once again how much our LEO have to contend with under 'simple' circumstances on Halloween night. We live on a quiet side street that gets used - every once in a great while- by people who get lit up on a nearby busy road. A driver was followed into our side street and stopped by an undercover. The lone officer, standing by the window of the suspect's car, kept looking behind himself into the darkened yard across the street. Seeing that happen several times, I realized that he was, for some reason, watching his back.

It's not like Frein was arrested for a burned out taillight. Getting scratched up for that might be concerning; Frein or other felonious suspects�not so much.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MOGC

Actually I did put it up in hopes of starting a reasonable adult conversation. I am surprised a bit that I am the only one who is concerned about the actions of the arresting officers.

But, if that is the case, so be it. I have never been afraid of being a minority voice in a matter of conscience and liberty. Let each man decide for himself where he falls on this question. My position remains unchanged, that police do not have the right to impose injury if a suspect is being compliant. I was not there, and if the suspect refused to move his head in a certain direction as ordered then some force would certainly be in order, but I don't see how a simply moving his face to the side would result in three separate wounds and two of them that bloody. Report did not note any attempts of the suspect to intentionally injure himself.

I agree with others that he was probably not brave enough to injure himself or try a firefight etc. To 'snipe' an unsuspecting person is, without question, an act of utmost cowardice.

Their essentially rugburns. Nothing more.

Read the account of the marshall and even a tool like you should be able to figure put how they happened

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The pendulum swings one way and then the other. The judiciary has neutered our criminal justice system. Criminals rearly receive a punishment that the majority believe is just. The death penalty, which our founding fathers certainly embraced and the majority of citizens support, is off the table in most situation. The pendulum swings but this guy probably won't.

P.S., OP, feel sorry for you. You've obviously invested a lot of time in the campfire, but you've worn out your welcome. Get a new screen name if you must, but safariman is done.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper

Why would he quit when y'all keep playing his game?
Put him on ignore, or stop whining about his posts

It's not rocket science

Not a game of any kind, friend. A thought to put out there for reasoned men to consider, ponder and discuss as free men. I am dead serious about my point and my belief. IF other evidence comes forth that this cowardly sniper type resisted more than is being reported so far, then no worries. But if a compliant suspect gets roughed up, that is a very bad thing no matter what the crimes are that he is suspected of commiting. Again, regardless of how scummy this guy is - and I agree that he is a total dirtbag based upon what we know of him - allowing police to rough up a suspect is a genie that we cannot afford to let out of the bottle. But maybe we already have....

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (10ring1, 10Glocks, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 77 invisible), 1,784 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,518
Posts18,530,571
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.