Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by MOGC
This original post was never meant for intelligent discussion among like minded reasonable thinking adult men. It was a pitiful attempt to troll for attention, be that good or bad.

Actually I did put it up in hopes of starting a reasonable adult conversation. I am surprised a bit that I am the only one who is concerned about the actions of the arresting officers.

But, if that is the case, so be it. I have never been afraid of being a minority voice in a matter of conscience and liberty. Let each man decide for himself where he falls on this question. My position remains unchanged, that police do not have the right to impose injury if a suspect is being compliant. I was not there, and if the suspect refused to move his head in a certain direction as ordered then some force would certainly be in order, but I don't see how a simply moving his face to the side would result in three separate wounds and two of them that bloody. Report did not note any attempts of the suspect to intentionally injure himself.

I agree with others that he was probably not brave enough to injure himself or try a firefight etc. To 'snipe' an unsuspecting person is, without question, an act of utmost cowardice.

Yet you feel the need to run your suck.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Who got it worse, Frein or a butt shot bear in Oregon?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by okok
WGAF....They should have put a bullet in his skull.And your worried about a scratch? crazy
Had he confessed to the crime before capture?? Even if he did, however, the delivery of punishment is for the courts to decide, not the arresting cops. If that's permitted, next thing you know it will become standard practice in any case of a suspect being arrested for a heinous crime, and that for both the guilty and innocent, which is why civilized societies don't permit cops to mete out punishment. Has nothing to do with feeling sympathy for lowlife bad guys.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Snyper
A report I heard said the injuries happened before the arrest
Nope. The man cooperated with instructions 100%. The cop in charge of the arrest said that the injures just "happened" when the suspect's face came into contact with the ground after he cooperated with orders to lay face down on the ground.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where's the video or text of the arresting officer in charge's statement you are citing?

Not that I am doubting you, but my "GAF" level for this one is pretty low, so I need some help.

Last edited by RWE; 11/03/14.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RWE
Where's the video or text of the arresting officer in charge's statement you are citing?

Not that I am doubting you, but my "GAF" level for this one is pretty low, so I need some help.
Link

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I knew the cop haters would show, just surprised it took THIS long for them to show. "Shot while trying to escape" would have worked for me...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm looking at this with a different eye I imagine. he guy is a suspect in killing someone else, a cop in this case. I have to ask if him appearing to give up peacefully is a ruse to get me to let my guard down. I have to figure that he has killed someone and he would have no problem with killing another. He also may have no problem with doing suicide by cop.

I would hit this guy with overwhelming force. I would take all control away from him immediately. And he may get scuffed up by it.

We hear about presumption of innocence. The fact is that is for court. The cop operates under at least a strong suspicion of guilt (depending on the situation) in contact, but during arrest he operates under a presumption of guilt. Otherwise he would not have cause to make the arrest.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Only a complete moron would be "concerned" about this guy getting a little rough treatment when he was being taken into custody.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
Only a complete moron would be "concerned" about this guy getting a little rough treatment when he was being taken into custody.

And look who is concerned about the treatment on here, it all makes sense!!

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by RWE

Link

In my opinion this pretty well addresses the how and why the scrapes on Frien's face happened.

Quote from your link:

When authorities approached Frein, the suspect had his chest down on the ground but his head was up looking at Malkowski, the marshal said. From a law enforcement perspective, that is just what you don't want.

"Never have a fugitive look at you," Malkowski explained.

Per law enforcement protocol, Frein was forced to be face-first on the asphalt looking away from the marshals (so that a suspect can't anticipate an officer's next move). In the process, his nose got cut and his face scraped.

"Sometimes things like that happen," Malkowski said.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was concerned about him getting a little rough treatment while being taken into custody... I'd have disappointed if he wasn't smacked around more than a little..

What gets me tho is that the good folks of PA are now going to have to pay for him to be ran thru the court system, so the liberals can be all concerned " he has rights"...and then he can look forward to free room and board at the expense of the tax payers for the next 50 years...

if he is given a death sentence, he'll be well into his 50s before it is carried out, again we can thank our nations liberals on that also...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd FIRE the guy who did that!!! You call THAT a beating??? If you are going to do an attitude adjustment, DO IT RIGHT! You oughta be ashamed of yourself for being so half-assed!!

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by joken2
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by RWE

Link

In my opinion this pretty well addresses the how and why the scrapes on Frien's face happened.

Quote from your link:

When authorities approached Frein, the suspect had his chest down on the ground but his head was up looking at Malkowski, the marshal said. From a law enforcement perspective, that is just what you don't want.

"Never have a fugitive look at you," Malkowski explained.

Per law enforcement protocol, Frein was forced to be face-first on the asphalt looking away from the marshals (so that a suspect can't anticipate an officer's next move). In the process, his nose got cut and his face scraped.

"Sometimes things like that happen," Malkowski said.

Thanks for your review, joken.

I feel that my "GAF" level on this has dropped even lower than before.

In fact, I am not sure how much more effort typing I can mus

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
I'd FIRE the guy who did that!!! You call THAT a beating??? If you are going to do an attitude adjustment, DO IT RIGHT! You oughta be ashamed of yourself for being so half-assed!!

Ha!!! Totally agree...though it does look that his nose is broken.. smile Pretty much a slam dunk the guy is guilty...Does anybody here REALLY think that this guy is innocent???

About the only TV I like to watch, are shows like "The First 48, Drug Wars, Lockup" etc... IMHO, I think our laws regarding the prosecution & incarceration/execution of these pieces of feces is far too lax...Not three strikes & you're out, but three strikes & you're dead...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Abrasions, IMO consistent with a hand on the back of the head pressing his face against the ground while he's being cuffed. Not a beating.

Hawkeye and Safariman are being little girls about this.

Originally Posted by Barkoff

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Abrasions, IMO consistent with a hand on the back of the head pressing his face against the ground while he's being cuffed. Not a beating.

Agreed... A couple times in my life, I've looked worse coming to after a hard nights drinking. grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by EvilTwin

Yep, i've always said if i'm gonna out my job on the line for tuning someone up. It's gonna be A gold medal ass whoopin

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
There are plenty of legitimate excessive use of force examples. This is not one of them! Glad this murderous prick is finally locked up.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Well Boo [bleep] Hoo! He should have looked a helluva lot worse than that in my opinion! Shoot a cop from ambush and think you're going to be handled with kid gloves? I think not. I thought he was a badass that wasn't going to be taken alive. Obviously not!

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (10ring1, 10Glocks, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 1,787 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,518
Posts18,530,579
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.