Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
yep, really.

Brace yourself. Life is full of "incredible" experiences.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
Originally Posted by 4ager
cs2blue,

Thank you for being there for the public when they need you! My brother has been a LEO for over 25 years. Things would not have turned out so "rosey" for Frein if he had been the police officer at the scene. Guarantee it.

Yet, your husband thinks that Frein was "violated" as it is?

I understand that. We all have a right to our own opinion. Somewhere along the line, our life experiences shape our opinions and how we see things. My experience with police has rarely been negative.

I understand that very well. I also agree with ironbender that safariman has become the village idiot around here, and I can certainly see how violating insurance regulations (and likely state/federal laws regarding the elderly and securities), and his gun business across state lines without an FFL can give him a certain paranoia about law enforcement. It must make for interesting family gatherings, to say the least.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by mirage243
I don't give a sheet that they roughed him up a little when they caught him, what pisses me off is that they brought out a 1000 cops from everywhere in the country and hunted him till they found him and they don't do that for the ordinary folks when they get murdered. It's just another classic case of "us" vs. the "ordinary" folks. Coppers think one of their lives is more valuable than yours.

I believe you have misread the situation.

In the big picture, murder is one of the worst crimes that can be perpetrated against another person. LEOs have the ability to fight back and are, for most folks, that thin blue line between a lawless society and a civilized one.

When you have a person willing to ambush a LEO, you have a person who is capable of doing anything to anyone. That requires an all-out response to capture them as quickly as possible. Not just from some revenge motive, or some fanciful "we're better than you are" but from a desire to stop another attack on anyone, for these people are seen as a grater threat to everyone.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe it's just me, but ever since JO left it seems safariman has been on a mission to be crowned the campfires reigning attention whore...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Someone has to do it......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It seems like this thread is more about the OP getting attention than anything else... it's pitiful

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
git_12
Just looking at picture I would say he has a broken nose what say
you. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trial by media here. Lots of emotion. However there are always two sides to every story. After the media went crazy in Ferguson, there were still a few cooler heads waiting for the rest of the facts to come out.

Well I want the rest of the facts to come out and then let justice be served. Until then.... I will just wait and see. Without taking sides there a lots of cases of criminal activity by LE.

"The liberals preach tolerance and diversity until presented with an opinion other than their own."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Maybe it's just me, but ever since JO left it seems safariman has been on a mission to be crowned the campfires reigning attention whore...

We gotta deal with his wife as back-up, though..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rdinak
Without taking sides there a lots of cases of criminal activity by LE.

Yep, several cases of them executing people recently . . . . . . but that's ok, they went home safely at the end of their shift, all that matters.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yep, really.

Brace yourself. Life is full of "incredible" experiences.

Just as long as I'm not lying and ripping off the elderly to make a buck, I think I can handle it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cs2blue,

Thank you for being there for the public when they need you! My brother has been a LEO for over 25 years. Things would not have turned out so "rosey" for Frein if he had been the police officer at the scene. Guarantee it.

Yet, your husband thinks that Frein was "violated" as it is?

I understand that. We all have a right to our own opinion. Somewhere along the line, our life experiences shape our opinions and how we see things. My experience with police has rarely been negative.

I understand that very well. I also agree with ironbender that safariman has become the village idiot around here, and I can certainly see how violating insurance regulations (and likely state/federal laws regarding the elderly and securities), and his gun business across state lines without an FFL can give him a certain paranoia about law enforcement. It must make for interesting family gatherings, to say the least.

I have generally enjoy reading your posts, your logic, and how you lay out an argument without all the drama.

I'll preface my post with the fact that my husband is quite intelligent and far from paranoid. He doesn't have anything to be paranoid about. Please understand there is no gun business and no violation of insurance regulations going on. The situation with the state of Oregon is in the distant past.

I think there is a big difference between being paranoid and having a dislike about/for something, IMHO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"situation"

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Like anyone else, in any profession you have A players and C players. Law Enforcement is no different. But..... it is a tough, complex job. Add in adrenlin, stress and healthy dose of fear, coupled with agency regs/policies. Then apply state,county law. Then drive 100MPH to get there, Look out for public, oh and your fellow brothers and sisters, Don't forget to be nice and professional too! Very complex, and why the job is way above many peoples skill set!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by cs2blue
the job is way above many peoples skill set!

lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"situation"

Rancho,
It's not like it is an unknown. I think most folks can figure that out. If not, maybe you would like to post more of your links. This would be a great place to post 'em up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
spin it all you want, sweetie.. it's not hard to see what your game is.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If he had done that in Miss. I guarantee there wouldn't have been any pictures taken until he came out of "protective" custody, say in a month or so!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
-----

I have generally enjoy reading your posts, your logic, and how you lay out an argument without all the drama.

I'll preface my post with the fact that my husband is quite intelligent and far from paranoid. He doesn't have anything to be paranoid about. Please understand there is no gun business and no violation of insurance regulations going on. The situation with the state of Oregon is in the distant past.

I think there is a big difference between being paranoid and having a dislike about/for something, IMHO.

The gun business stopped, finally, because he was told openly that what he was doing was quite likely not legal and could easily land the two of you in very hot water. It would still be going on if several people hadn't laid out to him that if he continued that it was extremely likely that someone was going to call ATF on him and you two would be receiving a knock on the door from some rather unfriendly people who would want to see a lot of things and wouldn't take "no" or any excuse for an answer.

The issue in Oregon may have been in the past, but it's very unlikely that those specific cases were the only time he made unsuitable recommendations or dealt with investments that he did not have an appropriate license to be reviewing or recommending their replacement. A very quick search shows that he never held any securities license. Therefore, every time he reviewed any financial documents with a prospective client that contained stocks, bonds, or mutual funds - including IRAs, 401ks, or 403bs - he was breaking the law. He didn't have the credentials or licenses to review those documents or to make any recommendations about changes in or replacements to those investments. Ask yourself how many times he did this, or ask him. The rules are out there for viewing and they are very clear. I'd suspect that those cases in Oregon were just the ones that had someone file a complaint, and not the only ones in which he broke the rules, knowingly, in order to receive a healthy commission check.

The constant presentation of himself as an "estate planner" (which is a very specific license and qualification, generally requiring an accounting or law background) is yet another example of misrepresentation. He was an insurance agent and worked for one of the worst insurance companies in the nation, one that has a long history of having and training agents that intentionally break insurance regulations and state and federal laws (and rewarding them for those transgressions, until they are caught). He broke those rules and was rewarded for them, and then in Oregon tried to come up with a very poor excuse and defense as to why he did it, or why he shouldn't be punished (it wasn't his fault, the other person wanted to do it, he's sick, he's had a change of heart, wanting to move, he's a good Christian, he's broke, etc.; the same excuses he's used here every time he gets caught ripping someone off).

The ethics involved are the same as when you try to justify taking a shot you shouldn't, ass-shoot a bear, then leave it to suffer all night and finally convince a friend to come out and finish it off (a possible game law violation in Washington). You do all this, and they you brag about it as some kind of Herculean feat, saying that only you and only your oddball wildcat magnum would have been capable of creating that kind of fiasco (which, perhaps, is true). Then, when called on those things, you revert right back to the same excuses (sick, broke, good Christian, etc.) as a rationale.

The drama is what your husband brings on himself and what he seems to live for. The drama is a sickness and chronic case of breaking rules whenever you can see a benefit for yourself, regardless of who or what gets hurt along the way because only you (meaning him) matter and the ends (getting what he wants) always justify any means. When caught, revert back to the "I'm sick; I'm broke; I'm just a poor, good Christian" line of defense. I'd suspect this has been the case for him for many years.

There's no drama here in my post. Those things are fact. You may not like them, but facts they are.

This thread and many others are simply attention whoring by him. Ironbender gave sound advice: he needs to get off the computer, read a book, go fishing, watch TV, do SOMETHING else rather than continue to draw attention to himself. The more attention he draws, the more likely it is that someone will call some very unwanted attention to his dealings (especially regarding the gun business he was running as the statute of limitations on that is quite long).

Sometimes, you just have to know when to put the shovel down and stop digging.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The gun business stopped, finally, because he was told openly that what he was doing was quite likely not legal and could easily land the two of you in very hot water. It would still be going on if several people hadn't laid out to him that if he continued that it was extremely likely that someone was going to call ATF on him and you two would be receiving a knock on the door from some rather unfriendly people who would want to see a lot of things and wouldn't take "no" or any excuse for an answer.

The issue in Oregon may have been in the past, but it's very unlikely that those specific cases were the only time he made unsuitable recommendations or dealt with investments that he did not have an appropriate license to be reviewing or recommending their replacement. A very quick search shows that he never held any securities license. Therefore, every time he reviewed any financial documents with a prospective client that contained stocks, bonds, or mutual funds - including IRAs, 401ks, or 403bs - he was breaking the law. He didn't have the credentials or licenses to review those documents or to make any recommendations about changes in or replacements to those investments. Ask yourself how many times he did this, or ask him. The rules are out there for viewing and they are very clear. I'd suspect that those cases in Oregon were just the ones that had someone file a complaint, and not the only ones in which he broke the rules, knowingly, in order to receive a healthy commission check.

The constant presentation of himself as an "estate planner" (which is a very specific license and qualification, generally requiring an accounting or law background) is yet another example of misrepresentation. He was an insurance agent and worked for one of the worst insurance companies in the nation, one that has a long history of having and training agents that intentionally break insurance regulations and state and federal laws (and rewarding them for those transgressions, until they are caught). He broke those rules and was rewarded for them, and then in Oregon tried to come up with a very poor excuse and defense as to why he did it, or why he shouldn't be punished (it wasn't his fault, the other person wanted to do it, he's sick, he's had a change of heart, wanting to move, he's a good Christian, he's broke, etc.; the same excuses he's used here every time he gets caught ripping someone off).

The ethics involved are the same as when you try to justify taking a shot you shouldn't, ass-shoot a bear, then leave it to suffer all night and finally convince a friend to come out and finish it off (a possible game law violation in Washington). You do all this, and they you brag about it as some kind of Herculean feat, saying that only you and only your oddball wildcat magnum would have been capable of creating that kind of fiasco (which, perhaps, is true). Then, when called on those things, you revert right back to the same excuses (sick, broke, good Christian, etc.) as a rationale.

The drama is what your husband brings on himself and what he seems to live for. The drama is a sickness and chronic case of breaking rules whenever you can see a benefit for yourself, regardless of who or what gets hurt along the way because only you (meaning him) matter and the ends (getting what he wants) always justify any means. When caught, revert back to the "I'm sick; I'm broke; I'm just a poor, good Christian" line of defense. I'd suspect this has been the case for him for many years.

There's no drama here in my post. Those things are fact. You may not like them, but facts they are.

This thread and many others are simply attention whoring by him. Ironbender gave sound advice: he needs to get off the computer, read a book, go fishing, watch TV, do SOMETHING else rather than continue to draw attention to himself. The more attention he draws, the more likely it is that someone will call some very unwanted attention to his dealings (especially regarding the gun business he was running as the statute of limitations on that is quite long).

Sometimes, you just have to know when to put the shovel down and stop digging.

Well said.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (7mm_Loco, AB2506, 673, 264mag, 44automag, 450yukon, 14 invisible), 1,009 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,888
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.