R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just when it couldnt get any better..

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have read all of these posts. 11 grains out a total of 70 is less than 16% Is there any chance peoples individual scales could vary within that range, as in some ones measured 70 grains could be anothers 65 grains or so?

Last edited by Angus1895; 11/10/14.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have two RCBS 5-0-5 scales, a Dillon's 'Eliminator' Scale, and a big Ohaus 3100. They all read within ~~ 0.1 gr the same.

In the 80s I figured out why some capacitors exploded on F16s. The caps I tested with ripple current and heat, I gave to a chemist to weigh weight change from Hydrogen outgassing. He handled the caps with tweezers, so he would not be weighing his finger prints. Reloading does not require that much accuracy nor precision.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My experience with pressure barrels tells me 16% /11 grn is most likely about 74 to 77 thousand psi. Clark's barrel could have a loose bore, this would allow the charge he is calming with out supper high pressure. I have seen this happen with a high end barrel once before it would take about 20% over what would be max normally.

Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If I plug 7mmRM 70 gr H4350 140 gr BT 26" into QL I match my chrono reading 3400fps 75 kpsi.

If I plug the Hodgdon max load [59gr] into QL, I get 45 kpsi 2900 fps [not nearly as good as a 7x57mm Mauser can do with long brass life].

If I look for the SAAMI registered max average pressure for the 7mmRM it is 61,000 psi. Yet the 7mmRM case head is stronger than the 270Win [Mauser type] case head that is registered at 65,000 psi.

If one calculates Von Mises stress for the belted magnum case head for C26000 brass (cartridge brass)Temper - H06 Tensile yield strength - 65,300 psi, one gets the case head plastic deformation threshold at 79,597 psi chamber pressure.

QL thinks it would take 71 gr for the pressure for Von Mises calculated yield, but I am not seeing it in the brass until 72 gr. I measure the threshold of extractor groove growth which is more sensitive and consistent than feeling primer insertion force. 71 gr was calculated. 72 gr was measured. I back off 3% from the more real measured for my 70 gr hunting load for the past few years.

I have a 7mmRM with a Win barrel, one with a Rem barrel, one with a Shilen barrel, one with a Ruger barrel, and one with a Browning barrel.

When I chambered 4 of the 6 barrels, I did not use the 0.220" to 0.227" headspace numbers per SAAMI. I headspace at 0.215", because I have never found a piece of belted magnum brass greater than 0.215" to the end of the belt.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If QL said it's ok it must be aren't you the same guy that figured the edge and 338 wm are the same based on Quick load. I am sure that the sammi max of 61000 psi is their for a reason if your smarter than all the rest of the shooting world so be it take current pics of your face often. I know a guy just like you he could convence him self that his loads were safe. Then he had a surgeon remove a peice of a rem bolt shroud out of his face. Like I said my experience with pressure barrels tells my you pushing the line really hard.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back to my 4000 fps 25-06 load. Just a guess but I'll bet the experts have never checked out the Barnes website where they get 3814 with that same bullet in a 25-06 in a 24" bbl and a powder not as well suited to SuperPerformance in small bore long barrels. Also bet none have talked to the Barnes designers to understand why that bullet is capable of hyper velocity and fine accuracy. It's the usual blather by people who don't own the rifle, have never used the powder or the bullet but can tell you from some ancient slide rule it's gonna blow up. BTW, no problem getting FIVE reloads at which point I discard any high intensity cartridge.
When cases drop out of a falling block rifle that probably has 1/3 the extraction power of a crf bolt gun, pressures are not a concern.

I have the rifle, the bullets, the powder, the cases, the target and the dead Speed Goat. You have ????????

BTW if you want to take me up on real long range shooting call up Robert Brown aka Bricktop who is not black, not a tough guy but has visited my house when nobody was here and there was 4' of snow on the ground. He deduced I was hiding in the basement as I was so afraid of him. Funny, he left no footprints, is not on CCTV tapes and produced no photos of his visit. Just another of the few troll dolts who f/u the site and have anyone they don't have the balls to meet FTF tossed off the site. Lost count of my bannings but I'll keep coming back just to torture them.

Most of them made a big deal outing me, where I live and so on. Now that I have obtained the same information on them, the threats to kill me etc have dropped off as, unlike any of them, I don't make threats.

Good luck with "long range hunting". There is even a new magazine touting the "hunting skill" needed to shoot some animal at extreme ranges without ever getting off the benchrest in the back of the truck. All to hype Gunwerke's products. Not a rifle with a wood stock and blued metal, all scopes big enough to see Pluto and all the ladies are hot blonds. Not a horse or mule to be seen. Cartridge of the month is the 338 Lapua which is a fine round for what it was designed for, semi and full auto weapons but won't do anything a 338 RUM will at 1/3 the cost.

Keep the coffee warm in Edmond, Robert. I'll be passing through there soon.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Ramblings from the deranged mind of Larry Root. What could have made me laugh harder on this chilly November afternoon?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Ramblings from the deranged mind of Larry Root. What could have made me laugh harder on this chilly November afternoon?

Guy is definitely "boil your pet rabbit" kinda crazy...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by typeitout
Back to my 4000 fps 25-06 load. Just a guess but I'll bet the experts have never checked out the Barnes website where they get 3814 with that same bullet in a 25-06 in a 24" bbl and a powder not as well suited to SuperPerformance in small bore long barrels. Also bet none have talked to the Barnes designers to understand why that bullet is capable of hyper velocity and fine accuracy. It's the usual blather by people who don't own the rifle, have never used the powder or the bullet but can tell you from some ancient slide rule it's gonna blow up. BTW, no problem getting FIVE reloads at which point I discard any high intensity cartridge.
When cases drop out of a falling block rifle that probably has 1/3 the extraction power of a crf bolt gun, pressures are not a concern.

I have the rifle, the bullets, the powder, the cases, the target and the dead Speed Goat. You have ????????

BTW if you want to take me up on real long range shooting call up Robert Brown aka Bricktop who is not black, not a tough guy but has visited my house when nobody was here and there was 4' of snow on the ground. He deduced I was hiding in the basement as I was so afraid of him. Funny, he left no footprints, is not on CCTV tapes and produced no photos of his visit. Just another of the few troll dolts who f/u the site and have anyone they don't have the balls to meet FTF tossed off the site. Lost count of my bannings but I'll keep coming back just to torture them.

Most of them made a big deal outing me, where I live and so on. Now that I have obtained the same information on them, the threats to kill me etc have dropped off as, unlike any of them, I don't make threats.

Good luck with "long range hunting". There is even a new magazine touting the "hunting skill" needed to shoot some animal at extreme ranges without ever getting off the benchrest in the back of the truck. All to hype Gunwerke's products. Not a rifle with a wood stock and blued metal, all scopes big enough to see Pluto and all the ladies are hot blonds. Not a horse or mule to be seen. Cartridge of the month is the 338 Lapua which is a fine round for what it was designed for, semi and full auto weapons but won't do anything a 338 RUM will at 1/3 the cost.

You worthless piece-of-dogshit, Larry. Is your tranny group in Key West on a break or something? Is that why your bitch-ass decided to grace us all with your presence? How many times do you need to have your ass thrown off of here? How many usernames has your ass burned through so far?

You're so f*cking smart, you thought I had some kind of menial job at OU and you thought FOsteology had a taco stand down in Texas. As much as you try and dig, your sorry ass doesn't get any closer to doing squat. I expect if you had the nuts to show up where I live, you'd probably lose control of your bowels. Much as you did when I came to your house in Pinedale. Remember that, Larry? When you were so brave you were calling the cops.

You've always been a bitch and you'll always be a bitch. No one needs to make any "threats," that's just how you "roll."

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Larry you sick little twisted paranoid delusional douchebag.... of course most everyone here knows you'll continue to create usernames and utilize proxy IP servers and continue to infest the campfire with your diseased cyber presence. Until that joyful day when you finally take that much deserved and long overdue dirt nap... bet Karen is counting down the days! grin

Until that day arrives, we know you'll remain a dysfunctional and paranoid "fixture" at the campfire. Although, you'll obviously be regulated to pariah status by the majority. You have absolutely NO credibility, and are forced to fly under the radar less the ban hammer falls on yet another username.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Are you quaking in your boots Bricktop? Oldmantrannydouche has just laid down the gauntlet and implied he and his merry band of limp wristed geriatric cross dresser posse are going to pay you a visit!

I'm laffin' so hard I'm crying! lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image].

Think you need some higher rings on that laugh

Sweet Jesus what an abortion.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Are you quaking in your boots Bricktop? Oldmantrannydouche has just laid down the gauntlet and implied he and his merry band of limp wristed geriatric cross dresser posse are going to pay you a visit!

I'm laffin' so hard I'm crying! lol
Gay marriage is now legal here. I assume that's Larry's purpose for visiting. I suppose Karen has now embraced his "alternative lifestyle."

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You gutless wimp. Only a slimeball would slander another member's family. IF this site had any moderation you would get a timeout. Love how you trolls "out" other peoples family's and denigrate them but are too yellow to even admit who you really are.

Never said FO owned a taco stand, he said his wife did. So much for your "facts".

You, not I, said that you were a bigshot at OU and even had a link posted (now gone) impressing us all with your big status there. Funny thing is that they never heard of you and an extensive trace by the IP department there could find no hits from the school server to this site during "work hours" when you do a lot of your posting.
So it was just another "fake negro" lie from the skinny little nursing sow shooting punk from nowhere OK.

Have you figured out that a 275 Rigby and and 7x57 are the same thing yet ?

Amusing how smart you trolls think you are but every lie gets nailed, Rambolike threats are hot air and you're about as hard to track down as Obama at a Klan meeting.

Everyone knows that you never came to Pinedale but there are many who wish you would. I'll probably be here most of the winter and I'm sure we could put together a group to take you ice fishing on Fremont Lake. Bring FO along as you guys could see some really deep water (600+') unlike the mudholes that pass for lakes in TX and OK.

You really both have to work up some new slanders and insults as the ones you've been using for all these years are getting a bit stale.

As for 2muchgun, I look forward for your arrival for our 1000 yard plus match. Obviously what you know about stock design, ring height, high intensity cartridge barrel mirage and such subjects could fill one side of a business card.

Enough prattle from the peanut gallery, no wonder we have Obama and ISIS is winning.

Last edited by typeitout; 11/13/14. Reason: troll hunting
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Enough prattle...

TFF coming from you Larry.

You still keeping up with that Mensa membership?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see you're still incessantly bumping your gums with your paranoid delusional lies and slander Root. You truly need to seek psychological help.

I get a kick out of you puffing up your old scrawny chicken cyber chest with your laughable bravado and wannabe tough guy act. Everyone sees through your histrionics and gesticulations. Your frustration and angst is palatable, and is absolutely hilarious. Limp wristed cross dressing geriatric fairy's flapping their wings is always good for a laugh. grin

For anyone thinking about taking oldmantrannydouche Root up on his Long Range challenge, know that he's insincere. He talks a BIG game, but at the slightest hint of someone actually calling him out and making a visit, he folds.

Tough guy act evaporates like a fart in the wind and he starts freaking out, hiding in his closet pissing his depends diaper and frantically makes calls to the local LEO's, Sheriffs, FBI, CIA, Secret Service, and any other secret squirrel organization.

Good trip down memory lane! Laffin'

Larry Root Makes a Bet!

Larry Calls Out Bricktop

Larry Root's head is exploding on Amazon

Bricktops Trip to Pinedale

Bricktops Road Trip

Always humorous to give arrogant dumbass idiots like Root the stage, spotlight, and microphone, only to watch him fall flat on his face time after time! grin

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
high intensity cartridge barrel mirage
Typeitout
This is funny stuff, get it so hot trying to shoot things you stalked to 30 yard the barrel gets hot. How a rusty old fart like you get so much hate in his life. I am guessing your wife voted for Obama and has a picture of him next to her chair in your single wide. If I am right and I most likely am then I understand why your pissed and looking for a fight all the time. Try praying it may calm you down.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Typeitout,
You talk a big game for someone who backs up nothing. I offered to come to you when I was in FL this summer, and buy lunch. I pm'd you my actual name and number as well as the name and address of the family member I would be staying with so you could confirm they existed. Even gave you flight number, date and time and you never replied.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 257robertsimp, 99Ozarks, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,163 guests, and 717 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,685
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.