-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and several other problems that aren't the fault of this computer...

Not to be an azz, but you know this how? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I am using an 11 year old machine with Windows XP and ie8 on dial up no add blocker no other stuff. Seems I should have been shut down a long time ago. Pages load slow but I expect that on dial up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Originally Posted by Ngrumba
I keep getting a message "a problem occurred with this website" and keep getting rebooted. Anyone else getting this?
all the freakin time here...
all the time here to. both on "the wire" in town and my hom sat dish

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

No ads, no issues, instant page loads. I'm sorry for those of you who have problems, but if it works perfectly for me, I doubt it's the website's fault.

Sorry Pilgrim, but I just bought a brand new computer, got on this site and within 10 minutes the screen jerks when you scroll, the little spinning arrow will not stop spinning and several other problems that aren't the fault of this computer...

Shrap, I know you said you dont want to download anything but the Chrome browser will fix that problem. For me, it was pics that would load slow or fail to load. Get Chrome and then AdBlock and AdBlock Plus from the Cheome App Store and it will solve the problem I bet. My guess is you are running Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
That's not to say that I had problems with any other site before switching browsers. This is the only one where I saw these problems

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's been stated for YEARS that this site has more problems than most others,

It's obvious nothing is going to be done about it, no matter how often it's repeated.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not a computer expert, so will some of you expert diagnosticians explain to me why I DON'T have any problems with this (or any other) website?

Edit to add: I'm being serious. If all these problems are caused by the website, then everybody who visits here should have problems. But some don't. How is that?

Last edited by RockyRaab; 11/16/14.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't have any problems either. It must have to do with clean living. wink

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Scott F
I don't have any problems either. It must have to do with clean living. wink

I think you may be on to something there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
HP Pavillion Chromebook with any adblocker works great. Super fast. I run Windows(7&8) and Mac machines(Snow Leopard, Mavericks, Yosemite plus iOS) as well as multiple Android devices(Jelly Bean, Kit Kat) at home and at work as computer tech. Chromebook is most trouble free by far.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Never a problem here. Chrome on the PC's, Boat Browser on the Android phone and tablets.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am running a Dell Inspiron 15 with both Windows and Ubuntu. Use Firefox on both OS. Switched from Adblock Plus to Adblock Edge. lightening fast with no hitches or problems in Ubuntu. Not near as fast on Windows but still no adds or problems.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I'm not a computer expert, so will some of you expert diagnosticians explain to me why I DON'T have any problems with this (or any other) website?

Edit to add: I'm being serious. If all these problems are caused by the website, then everybody who visits here should have problems. But some don't. How is that?

Well, web developers have to make their sites work with multiple browsers and user interfaces. If they don't, then some will have problems and some won't.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by kend
My current CF problem is getting logged in. I sign in and then it logs me out when I open another page. Sometimes I have to login 6 times to get it to take. What Shrapnel said is spot on. This is a PITA for sure.

What browser are you using? I have this problem with MSIE. To get logged on and have it "take", I log on at the forum list (which results in the appearance of the Search feature). I then click on Search, and it says I'm not logged on and presents a log on page. I log on again and do some Search, and then I am logged on permanently.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by milespatton

This computer is brand new, no time on it to get viruses and interference from outside sources. I also have Google Chrome as the server, I have signed in on different sites along with this one and get no interference on those sites.

I can open the Campfire and instantly navigate through it for about 5 minutes before the arrow starts spinning relentlessly and the screen doesn't respond well to the scroll feature. If I turn it off and leave it alone for a few minutes, then turn it back on, it is back to the responsiveness it has when first turned on, but within minutes, it is slowed again.

Don't tell me this isn't happening, come to my house and I will show you. I don't have to add a bunch of outside protection to run other sites, why should I have to get it for this one?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This computer is brand new, no time on it to get viruses and interference from outside sources. I also have Google Chrome as the server, I have signed in on different sites along with this one and get no interference on those sites.

I can open the Campfire and instantly navigate through it for about 5 minutes before the arrow starts spinning relentlessly and the screen doesn't respond well to the scroll feature. If I turn it off and leave it alone for a few minutes, then turn it back on, it is back to the responsiveness it has when first turned on, but within minutes, it is slowed again.

Don't tell me this isn't happening, come to my house and I will show you. I don't have to add a bunch of outside protection to run other sites, why should I have to get it for this one?

and if the problem was the site than EVERYONE would have problems, the fact alot of us dont means it is:

1: the browser you are running
2: infections on your computer
3: your internet provider

if it was on Ricks end everyone would have problems....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Wish I knew the answer to your question. I too and on a computer that arrived new on the 12th. Spent the day setting up the two OS systems and neither Windows 7 nor Ubuntu 14.04 have any problems with the Campfire. I did install an adblock on both but I have never looked at adblock as a bunch of outside protection. In fact Ubuntu has no anti malware or virus protection at all. Windows came up with Malware hits within the first ten minutes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
if it was on Ricks end everyone would have problems...

And if it were OUR computers, it would happen on all sites instead of just this one

Like I said before, it's an ongoing complaint, but nothing will be done

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Snyper
if it was on Ricks end everyone would have problems...

And if it were OUR computers, it would happen on all sites instead of just this one

Like I said before, it's an ongoing complaint, but nothing will be done

There has to be a logical reason why some have so many problems and others don't have any. I wish I knew what it was. I have been coming here for almost fourteen years and on a bunch of computers since I mostly use hand me downs but I do not remember ever having a problem. When the ads started showing up to the point I took twenty seconds and added adblocker. Everything from an old 286 to the newest.

Last edited by Scott F; 11/16/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No problems of any kind here. While I do get the very occasional "problem loading this page" note when I first click on the bookmark, it seems to be a glitch with my ISP, because a re-click gets me to the 'Fire right away.

I get that too. And sometimes repeated timeouts. I'll go check the weather or something, come back in a few minutes, and all's fine. So I think it's on the Campfire server end. I can ping the server but the page won't load. Been that way for a long time now.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (35, AceBall, 6mmbrfan, 16penny, 14 invisible), 1,602 guests, and 716 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,966
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.