-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
most of them don't leave the house, so living in a cave wouldn't be much of a change.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 4ager
All empires fall. Study history, and you have a guide to what is likely happening and what may follow. Guessing at what comes or what should come is a fool's game.

This is my take. History repeats itself.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't know anyone who wants a collapse. I'm familiar with many who believe that it's inevitable. I also know of many who would like a reconfiguration of the country so they could get out from under the thumb of the mess that passes for government these days.

And actually,..the collapse has already occurred. It just hasn't been made overly evident.

The Federal Reserve is playing a lot of games to keep the collapse from becoming obvious for as long as possible. But once a country racks up more debt than it can ever hope to pay, it's done for.

Even the "official" figures show America to be 18 trillion dollars in debt and racking up more debt at the rate of 800 billion dollars a year,...and the official numbers leave out more than they acknowledge.

That's "end game". It's just a matter of time until the other shoe drops.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by achadwick
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
If the US government goes belly up, your paycheck will be worthless. Dollars will be just paper.

The entire world pretty much runs on the US dollar. Without a viable and operating US government, the entire world financial system would collapse.

Quite right. And isn't it incredible that there are a bunch of folks, even some on this board, who are so foolish as to think that collapse would be a good thing?

Whether that's a foolish notion or not is probably moot, because whether or not it's good it seems clear that collapse is coming, sooner or later. We can't keep going the way we are, and by now we're so overextended that backing off just a little will cause that collapse.

The trick, I think, might be to have a mature, well-formed shadow economy underneath the collapsing fiat economy waiting to catch the victims of the collapse.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not civil war, but I do see an uprising by Consitution loving individuals that will either be supported or crushed by the courts after this fascist government puts them in jail.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's exactly what China has created.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
...the best way to effect change is with a BALLOT

Right, your vote counts. crazy

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Some people need to take tours of actual current war zones before they decide that it should be in their yard...

AMEN Brother, as well as read some actual accounts of our Civil War.

I say UNPLUG from social media, Cable/Dish TV, get involved with your local community and DO SOMETHING to help the truly poor get out of poverty.

"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, TEACH him to fish and he eats for life."

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jnyork
Most of the people who call for war have never attended one.

THERE IT IS!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I don't know anyone who wants a collapse. I'm familiar with many who believe that it's inevitable. I also know of many who would like a reconfiguration of the country so they could get out from under the thumb of the mess that passes for government these days.

And actually,..the collapse has already occurred. It just hasn't been made overly evident.

The Federal Reserve is playing a lot of games to keep the collapse from becoming obvious for as long as possible. But once a country racks up more debt than it can ever hope to pay, it's done for.

Even the "official" figures show America to be 18 trillion dollars in debt and racking up more debt at the rate of 800 billion dollars a year,...and the official numbers leave out more than they acknowledge.

That's "end game". It's just a matter of time until the other shoe drops.

Bingo ^

US$ is rising currently but only cause she's the prettiest of all the ugly sisters

and as Rancho stated, the whole world will tremble if the US$ falls

other countries are already trying to insulate themselves from it in trade agreements

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Foxbat
But where we are heading is a lot more like Nazi Germany and Cold War Soviet Union, than America.

I think it's going to look a lot more like Mad Max.

I want his car....and the dog!

The car is situated outside the Silverton Pub, west of Broken Hill in New South Wales last time i saw it. That is where the MM movies were made.

http://www.silverton.org.au/hotel.htm

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's awesome! Thanks.

They have an entire MM museum. Looks like a fun place to spend an afternoon/weekend!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Informative reading... Bump

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If the progressives retain power through 2016 I do believe several states within in the bible belt will initiate secessionist movements. None too soon in my opinion.

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Texas A&M was notified yesterday that they were winners of the 1958 National College Hide & Seek Championship! They discovered the skeleton under the steps of the campus library!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by jnyork
Most of the people who call for war have never attended one.

That's the truth.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you happen to have a quantity of decent blackmail material, that's a non-violent opportunity for accountability; but if you don't (and politicians are getting harder and harder to blackmail because they're more and more willing to admit it--no, proclaim it--publicly anyway) then what else is there?

This reminds me of when Big Jim Folsom was governor of Alabama. His opposition got him drunk and paid a "lady of the evening" to lure him into a motel/hotel room. When they got into the room some photographers came in a got pictures of Big Jim with the woman. When Big Jim was blackmailed he got before the press and said, (paraphrased) "Well, let me tell y'all right now. When you bait a trap with whiskey and wimmen you'll catch Big Jim every time." He won that election going away.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by MColeman
If you happen to have a quantity of decent blackmail material, that's a non-violent opportunity for accountability; but if you don't (and politicians are getting harder and harder to blackmail because they're more and more willing to admit it--no, proclaim it--publicly anyway) then what else is there?

This reminds me of when Big Jim Folsom was governor of Alabama. His opposition got him drunk and paid a "lady of the evening" to lure him into a motel/hotel room. When they got into the room some photographers came in a got pictures of Big Jim with the woman. When Big Jim was blackmailed he got before the press and said, (paraphrased) "Well, let me tell y'all right now. When you bait a trap with whiskey and wimmen you'll catch Big Jim every time." He won that election going away.

A goat has to be involved to make people think any less of a politician these days,...and it helps if it's a particularly ugly goat.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
If the US government goes belly up, your paycheck will be worthless. Dollars will be just paper.

The entire world pretty much runs on the US dollar. Without a viable and operating US government, the entire world financial system would collapse.

The dollar will be worth nothing anyway as soon as The Fed stops printing more money with no backing.The Chinese Currency will be the New Dollar.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The dollar turns into nothing, so does china. And they know it.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (2500HD, 257Bob, 257Ackley, 1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 3,516 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,699
Posts18,534,626
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.