-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This reply is directed to mini-Flave....

Dude...

Best Punk'd episode EVAH!!! laugh

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
GB1

N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Don't bet on it.
Yea...he's got Flave in his name.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got a couple of tall 13+ mountains in my back yard for training. Of course living at 8500 feet helps too. I forgot to tell you Elk in my backyard too.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 11/17/14.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
If it makes Flave feel any better, I once got up at midnight, packed, hit the road, drove 3 hours, and hit my spot on schedule just before shooting light for the mule deer opener. Then opened the gun case and found a Ruger 77/22 instead of a FN .30-06. I couldn't do anything but laugh, buy breakfast, and go home blush

Everyone should know that our own Campfire mentor, Mule Deer showed up for a varmint hunt without ammunition...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by NTG

Ahh...most of us change our pants between outings, Travis. Oh, and I have it under good advisement that 22-250 rounds don't work so when once washed. I learned long time ago that life is better for me and my wife if I check my pockets before they go in the laundry.

All kidding aside, you'll get one, and thanks for being a caring dad...ingraining a malleable mind with your pure, unadulterated character.

I've washed thousands. grin

Thanks,
Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hungry Horse
Excellent read guys, thanks for the entertainment ! I bet that mistake will never happen again on a elk hunt. You are forgiven Deflave. Glad there was no mishap with the wrong cartridge.
Your son will truly learn from this, to be careful when grabbing a box of shells for a hunt.
If you bribe/pay him, maybe he won't tell his friends. : )

I drove him to school this morning and asked him how he thought I would have handled that if it were HE that chambered the wrong ammunition at the end of that 4 hour stalk.

He rolled his eyes and laughed...

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I got a couple of tall 13+ mountains in my back yard for training. Of course living at 8500 feet helps too. I forgot to tell you Elk in my backyard too.

I'd rather FUBAR a thousand cow elk hunts in MT than harvest one bull in CO.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MojoHand
This reply is directed to mini-Flave....

Dude...

Best Punk'd episode EVAH!!! laugh

Yeah. Maybe mini is like the Japanese and is ten years ahead of me?

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
I have a feeling this thread will become epic,a campfire classic, destined to be preserved for posterity

Exactly, it should be made a "sticky" for all. Title it, "What not to do"
Next Flave will be blaming the Pollacks for this. grin cool

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have a feeling this thread will become epic,a campfire classic, destined to be preserved for posterity.

Notice I haven't been too critical as of yet....Im still working on it.... grin

I think it could get UBER.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yea, once you get a Bull in Colorado you will hunt no where else. grin

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 338Rem
I have a feeling this thread will become epic,a campfire classic, destined to be preserved for posterity

Exactly, it should be made a "sticky" for all. Title it, "What not to do"
Next Flave will be blaming the Pollacks for this. grin cool

Too late, he was already blaming Megan for not checking his ammo supply before he loaded his so-called rifle...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When did a 7mm-08 become a rifle? I thought it was a target pistol round. laugh

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by shrapnel
If it makes Flave feel any better, I once got up at midnight, packed, hit the road, drove 3 hours, and hit my spot on schedule just before shooting light for the mule deer opener. Then opened the gun case and found a Ruger 77/22 instead of a FN .30-06. I couldn't do anything but laugh, buy breakfast, and go home blush

Everyone should know that our own Campfire mentor, Mule Deer showed up for a varmint hunt without ammunition...

If he did on our extravaganza, he never asked me....I probably had some whistle

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by deflave
Not to mention shrapnel chewed my ass for alleged bad parenting.

Travis

I think he chewed because it was PAST an allegation.....

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by shrapnel

If he did on our extravaganza, he never asked me....I probably had some whistle

Nope, it wasn't the PD Invitational. It was another time when he was going to enlighten me on the virtues of a 204 Ruger. He did fail, you can't do it without ammunition...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
If ONLY they had used a 7x57 Featherweight.... cry

Can't. These are Rugged Montana elk. Not gay California elk

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yep, but luckily I remembered the ammo for Eileen's rifles.

By the way, we're still shooting some of that .22 Long Rifle ammo I bought in Wilsall so I could shoot gophers. I decided as long as the store was selling it for a decent price to stock up. Turned out out that was a good decision.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by deflave
Not to mention shrapnel chewed my ass for alleged bad parenting.

Travis

I think he chewed because it was PAST an allegation.....

I have guided elk hunters before, this wasn't my first time. While they were putting on their cold weather gear in the -19 degree weather, I pulled out a set of walkie-talkies and put in new batteries.

I told him to take one and give another to Mini. Travis assured me he would never be more than a few steps away from Mini. I yielded to his sense of parental duty.

While I was watching the great elk debacle unfold, I saw Travis go over the top of the mountain, solo. I watched for Mini to see if he would follow a few paces behind, but he didn't. There were trees that covered much of the patterns of these two flat landers, I had to make sure nothing went wrong.

You also need to remember, I am watching 100 head of elk and wanting to keep tabs on them. Evidently Travis came back from the backside of the mountain while I was looking at elk. I watched Mini walk up and down the mountain in the open and then East sad West alternately.

It is at this point I am starting to wonder about Travis's parenting, as I worry Mini is alone walking I circles. This is the 7 mm-08 malfunction junction at its best, because I am watching Mini walking incircles to keep warm while Travis is having epic so-called rifle failure.

At times I could see elk and Mini in the same field of view, no sign of Travis, no sounds of guns being fired. I always keep my radio on so when radio silence is broken, I can respond. It was at that time I heard a disparaging remark from Travis and that he and Mini were coming off the mountain.

When he got back to the truck, he told me of the whole ordeal. I am sure the back of his head still smarts from the slap. I told him that I wouldn't tell him so, but like Custer refusing to take the Gatling to the Little Bighorn, Travis opted to leave the 300 with me at the truck...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Pix?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 16Racing, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,351
Posts18,527,018
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.