Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Sounds like we have found us some cowards that won't help here ...

Guess I'm one of those cowards you're talking about. I've been to war and I sure as hell don't want one to take place in America.

Of course, The members of the uber-warrior he-man dick measuring and weekend war movie club may think differently.

Last edited by SmokeEater2; 11/17/14.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only way to "fix" this country is to take back control of our money system from the private, global banksters that own it now.

�Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws.� Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744-1812)

Deus Juvat

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Look at the history of revolutions. The high ideas almost never come to fruition.

We have to look at the nature of the American Revolutionary war. A war against a colonial power is decidedly different than one against a residential government. Essentially we drove what became a foreign invader out. We did not destroy it, we drove it out. In what you are talking here, you could not drive it out, you would have to destroy it.

Also, Great Britain did not have the option of bringing its full weight against America. To do so would require it to move assets from other areas it considered just as valuable. They then would be subject to attack in those areas. Had Great Britain been able to bring the full weight of its military against America we likely would have lost.

But we have a sitting government, indigenous to the United States. A revolution against it would bring its full weight, not to mention the U.N. forces. Since China has such a large investment here, I would expect Chinese troops on every street corner. Potentially millions of them.

I don't think a revolution, which you term as a civil war, would be a return to the founding principles, even if you won. I more think it would be like the French Revolution, and the bulk of revolutions that follow that line.

Last edited by Armednfree; 11/17/14.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The constitution is just a piece of paper that can't protect us.
We have to protect it.
The longer we are passive or reactive, the more opportunities the collectivists get.
Just read the two week old gun control laws for WA state, and get a feel for how the enemy is advancing.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Clarkm
The longer we are passive or reactive, the more opportunities the collectivists get.

No argument with that. But maintaining the status quo is priority #1 with both parties, all 3 branches of the government, the military, and at *least* half the population of the country.

There's no support for initiating any *real* change in the way the country is configured.

Hell,...you can't even get people to consider voting third party.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are producers and there are beggars.
As Jefferson said, the difference between whigs and tories is ancient and precedes governments.

But there are two types of beggars.
Those that want 50% GDP like a parasite [attorneys].
Those that want 100% GDP like a predator [teacher's union].

With only democracy and a free press and public schools operated by liberals, the advance of collectism will stop at 50% of GDP.

To get 100% Marxism, they will need to take your guns.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Empires fall because they overextend and overspend. They devalue their currency to try and keep up. They then become internally oppressive to stifle dissent and collect more and more of the depreciated currency in the form of taxes.

In the end, they become so bad that half the population doesn't care if they fail and the other half is actively hoping for it so that it can get some relief. Sound familiar?

In the later days of the Roman empire, the job of a tax collector was so unpopular and difficult, that a law was passed that mandated that the sons of tax collectors had to follow in the footsteps of their fathers and become tax collectors themselves. In the end, people found life much better under the by then, thoroughly civilized and Romanized barbarians than they did under the yoke of the empire. It was, and is possible for civilization to exist without trying to run the world.

Last edited by JoeBob; 11/17/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Governments fall only when the money is no good.
There are no exceptions.

But that is like saying people die only when their heart stops beating. The cause effect vector may point to or from the heart.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Hell,...you can't even get people to consider voting third party.

A clinton Vs bush jack-fest might sway a few.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
To get 100% Marxism, they will need to take your guns.

Or,..blow your house and 10 acres of land up with a drone attack,...from the comfort of their office while enjoying a morning cup of coffee.

It's not 1776 any more.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I worked on drone design in the 80s.
I don't know what is going on now, but they cost more than a house.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
They don't cost more than a revolution.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After he won 49 states, the libs got rid Nixon without an impeachment. Just the threat.

You prepare for war to avoid war.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think we should just give up. Country's not worth fighting for.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But we've already tried the whole limit-the-scope-of-government-by-writing-words-on-paper thing. It doesn't work. Maybe you think it's because we haven't written the right words yet; but the fact is that before the ink is dry on whatever words you pick, the government will already have begun finding its way around, over, and through them.

Words can't limit government. We've seen that repeatedly in this country.

Guns can't limit government. Look what Saddam Hussein was able to do to Iraq even though you could hardly walk anywhere without AK-47s and RPGs crunching underfoot.

Economics can limit government.

That's where the answer lies, I think, if there is one. Peaceful, extralegal economic rebellion.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
After he won 49 states, the libs got rid Nixon without an impeachment. Just the threat.

You prepare for war to avoid war.

Just might work again. With Obama.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Huntz
Want to shut down the Government?Nobody pay your taxes.Refuse to have tax with held from your paycheck or take a bazzilion deductions.Start your own Church and have your paycheck donated to The Church.Don`t support any Politicians.Its hard to phuc up stuff when you have no money or support.

Not as long as there is the panacea of the printing presses.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Spud
That appears to be the universal opinion. It's just one that I don't happen to hold.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by RickyD
That appears to be the universal opinion. It's just one that I don't happen to hold.

Well,...if someone suggested flying to the moon with a hang glider I'd say that they should get over that idea, also.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RickyD
Good thing we weren't around in 1776.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 257 roberts, 10Glocks, 2UP, 30 invisible), 1,747 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,296
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.