-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have had the same problem since I upgraded to IOS8 for Apple products.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
OK, I shutdown Ubuntu and started Windows 7 with Firefox and adblocker plus. I was automatically logged in. opened and read several posts, went to other Campfire forums and read posts. Logged out and back in, no problems at all. I also read the Fire from my Samsung Galaxy 3 phone and my Verizon tablet. Never had a problem reading just had to put up with the ads.

I am writing this while on Windows but since I really do not like Windows I will be restarting this computer in Ubuntu as soon as I post this.

I still cannot duplicate the problems some folks are reporting.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I've quit even attempting to use this site on my phone. I can't open a page without getting redirected.

And please do tell me all about how it's my fault that only one site in the whole interwebs is a problem.

yes cause im sure you hit every website out there...quite likely its your ISP causing the problems and if thats the case your pretty well SOL cause getting them off their arse and change settings on their end is a hell of alot more difficult than switching browsers.....had problems with a buddy's forum like i said for the better part of 6 months before my local provider started doing what they were supposed to...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I still cannot duplicate the problems some folks are reporting.

And what difference does that make at all?

Does that somehow mean the problems don't exist?

Do all the threads about the problems not exist, simply because none happened to you?

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rattler
I've quit even attempting to use this site on my phone. I can't open a page without getting redirected.

And please do tell me all about how it's my fault that only one site in the whole interwebs is a problem.

yes cause im sure you hit every website out there...quite likely its your ISP causing the problems and if thats the case your pretty well SOL cause getting them off their arse and change settings on their end is a hell of alot more difficult than switching browsers.....had problems with a buddy's forum like i said for the better part of 6 months before my local provider started doing what they were supposed to...

This is the same problem I have. For the several sites I browse, only this one gives me issues with redirects to the app store.

I have a Iphone 6 with Ios 8, both Safari and Chrome have this issue.

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
.quite likely its your ISP causing the problems

Yeah, all those different ISP's got together and focused all their problems on just this one site

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper
.quite likely its your ISP causing the problems

Yeah, all those different ISP's got together and focused all their problems on just this one site

except its not focused on this one phugging site....out of the over a billion websites that are out there im guessing like everyone else you only go to a very few.....i would bet there are a ton of other websites that are going to phug up for you but because your not interested in them you have no clue that they dont work on your computer either.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S

except its not focused on this one phugging site....out of the over a billion websites that are out there im guessing like everyone else you only go to a very few.....i would bet there are a ton of other websites that are going to phug up for you but because your not interested in them you have no clue that they dont work on your computer either.....

This is the logic that defies common sense. No one on here was complaining about the problems they got somewhere else, it is about here. Some do, some don't, but how the don'ts make light of the do's doesn't diminish the fact this problem does exist...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel

This is the logic that defies common sense. No one on here was complaining about the problems they got somewhere else, it is about here. Some do, some don't, but how the don'ts make light of the do's doesn't diminish the fact this problem does exist...

and i havent said it doesnt exist, ive even said it can quite well be because of something completely out of your hands because ive run into it before....what i am getting is alot of people here think the internet is a hell of alot simpler than it actually is to get the chit to show up on your computer....

but claiming this is the only site your computer is having problems is, is quite frankly likely a load of bull.....ever stop to think that Rick is centered in California and a lot of the other websites that would also be phugging up on your end if it is an ISP issue for some of you are going to be websites you have ZERO interest in there fore would have no clue if they work on your computer or not....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Never doubted it exists. Some pretty find folks have been fighting it a long time. I don't understand why I cannot get it to happen even though I have tried. I even tried two operating systems with no problems.

It seems like most of us are not experiencing the problem but some are being hammered. There has to be a reason.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by joken2
Apparently, as useful at blocking ads as it is, AdBlock Plus comes with some drawbacks of it's own.

http://www.extremetech.com/computin...-firefox-and-chrome-are-such-memory-hogs

"Here�s a lovely bit of irony for you: Adblock Plus, which is by far the most popular add-on for Firefox and Chrome, is actually increasing the amount of memory used by your web browser, rather than decreasing it. Furthermore, ABP also increases the amount of time (and CPU cycles) required to render a website. Instead of making web surfing more responsive, ABP actually makes your surfing experience slower.

This might seem counterintuitive at first � after all, ABP blocks all of those annoying animated Flash ads from loading, and so it should save you from unnecessary memory and CPU hits. Unfortunately, the actual situation is a lot more complex than that. Basically, ABP has grown too big for its own good, and just the very process of running ABP in your web browser consumes more memory and CPU cycles than it saves."....

I switched to Adblock Edge and it seems to work better than Adblock Plus. No clue if it has the same problem but it sure works on my system.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I also use Ghostery in Firefox to block trackers. It is blocking five as I type this. Some news sights have twelve or more trackers blocked.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
Never doubted it exists. Some pretty find folks have been fighting it a long time. I don't understand why I cannot get it to happen even though I have tried. I even tried two operating systems with no problems.

It seems like most of us are not experiencing the problem but some are being hammered. There has to be a reason.

what people dont realize is none of this chit is the same....different websites use different programing languages, different browsers use different programing languages not to mention Mac, Windows and the more uncommon platforms are also written in different languages .....and all this chit can be written by someone having a bad day....the fact it all works reasonably ok is a phugging miracle cause everyone is doing their own thing....

and all of it can be thrown out of whack if the idiots at your local hub refuse to update chit and refresh it often enough on their end which royally phugs things up even if both you and Rick have things set up properly...

for phug sake, there have been 3 major operating systems and a half dozen browsers mentioned just in this short thread not to mention which version of each individuals are running.....chit is not always going to go smoothly.....but unless your going to atleast try and swap chit around to rule out everything on your end quit b!tching about it....

great someone bought a new computer and its not working, half the chit loaded on machines running Windows is chit, IE hasnt been a good internet browser for over a decade, McAfee(which always comes with the Dell's i buy) has been bloated and near worthless for even longer than IE has been out of whack....and just cause you buy a Mac doesnt mean your our of the woods cause you still have to deal with surfing through over a dozen other languages in common use on the internet that they have no control over......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's the whole point about how screwed up this site is. Nobody has an answer that this is the ONLY site that is giving us a lot of problems.No need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that this site is the problem. .02

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't updated to iOS8 yet on my phone but no issues of late. For a while some game popup from the app store would open.

If I use IE on my home computer or work computer, after a few clicks within the campfire I'm hungup until I shutdown the program and start over.

If I use Chrome at home or at work, with AdBlock running, I have clear sailing.

The CF is the only site that IE actually freezes up. Other sites are slow to load due to all the add content, but they do work. With AdBlock and Chrome all sites seem to zip along well.

No complaints, it is what it is.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If every site on earth works but this one, I can pretty quickly narrow down what the problem is. It ain't rocket surgery.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well then I will miss you. I consider you one of the good guys here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's all in your head! laugh

Back button hasn't worked in over a year. crazy

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Can't help but wonder how many potential new members have come to check out the 24 Hour Campfire forum but just got frustrated with the hassle and moved on simply because they weren't aware of all the special modifications needed in order to best enjoy it here.

Maybe that information ought to be made a permanent "Sticky".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a great idea!

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

349 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 309coug, 17CalFan, 16penny, 34 invisible), 2,586 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,757
Posts18,514,872
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.