Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
[Linked Image]

What's that greenish stuff in the bowl? It looks kind of like a big plump frog. Oh well, he has hot sauce.

Collard greens.

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Cut the U.S. in half and the population in one of those halves is the same as it was in the entire U.S. in 1952...

...and make it twice as easy for our enemies to beat us.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by irfubar
How about the productive people just quit producing?
That may happen by default, the government seems to be hindering our ability to produce.

How powerful can a government be on the world stage without a productive citizenry.

That being said, a tyrannical government such as what ours is turning into can sure make life miserable for it's citizens!

If I was government I would not worry about angry productive people, I would worry about the entitlement crowd. Cut them off and you will see violence.

The productive people just seem to keep plugging away and playing by the rules.

Think about it. How many people REALLY produce and WHAT so they produce? What so they REALLY contribute?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a reason only 3% will show up.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by pal
Cut the U.S. in half and the population in one of those halves is the same as it was in the entire U.S. in 1952...

...and make it twice as easy for our enemies to beat us.

Let's see, one strong half or a weak whole?

Do you think Obama is protecting you?

Half the country could afford the same military we have today, and with a competent Commander in Chief.

I wonder how many F-16's we could buy with the $193,000,000,000 BILLION we currently spend on the IRS, DEPT of Education and Food stamps programs that could go bye bye under a new half government?

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Don't be coy, you know you're one of my Flaveoriate poster.

I think it's time for some members to get drunk, and watch Les Miserables.

That should explain where most sit pretty fuggin' well.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

What's that greenish stuff in the bowl? It looks kind of like a big plump frog. Oh well, he has hot sauce.

You should get out more.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'm really curious who could invade the U.S. Version .5 with the same GDP as the 2nd largest economy in the world?

Half the U.S. would still have a larger GDP than Four Russia's.

Not to mention, why would the other half of the U.S. be any less of an ally than Canada?

Hell, they'd probably merge with Canada. The only difference between New Englanders and Canadians is.... hmmm give me a minute...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
That may happen by default, the government seems to be hindering our ability to produce.

How powerful can a government be on the world stage without a productive citizenry.

That being said, a tyrannical government such as what ours is turning into can sure make life miserable for it's citizens!

If I was government I would not worry about angry productive people, I would worry about the entitlement crowd. Cut them off and you will see violence.

Think about it. How many people REALLY produce and WHAT so they produce? What so they REALLY contribute?

Djs,
The middle of the country, you know the lib's call it fly-over country,
the people who cling to their guns and bibles etc...
Well it may come as a surprise to YOU east coast/west coast big city liberals, these people actually have to produce things in order to survive.

They produce many of the goods, farming, logging, mining, ranching, etc...
that you big city liberals need to live your cushy lives.

Yet you lib's look down your arrogant nose at these hard working people, well in the words of the great Deflave, GFY

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm really curious who could invade the U.S. Version .5 with the same GDP as the 2nd largest economy in the world?

Not to mention, why would the other half of the U.S. be any less of an ally than Canada?

Hell, they'd probably merge with Canada. The only difference between New Englanders and Canadians is.... hmmm give me a minute...

Large populations have nothing to do with being conquered.

Travis

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by deflave

Large populations have nothing to do with being conquered.

Travis

If GDP stood for Gross Domestic Population, that might be relevant....

I don't know about you, but I don't think the loss of Massachusetts and Delaware from the recruiting pool, is going to have all that much impact on how bad asz the new Marine Corp is.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave

You should get out more.

Travis

I'll "run" with that, but it won't be to order collard greens. sick

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
would somebody please draw the line that shows the two halves that gets mentioned in here? I would like to see what people think would be viable sections of the country. I am also interested in how one separate's out all them people they don't like with a line on the ground.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by JBGQUICK
would somebody please draw the line that shows the two halves that gets mentioned in here? I would like to see what people think would be viable sections of the country. I am also interested in how one separate's out all them people they don't like with a line on the ground.

Democracy is a beautiful thing. It tends to assemble people of similar goals, aspirations and values.

Just for argument sake, let's say Texas voted to start it's only little country. Soon thereafter a couple other states said, "Hey, Texas is better than having Hillary Clinton run our military" and they voted to join Texas. Then a few more and a few more.

Of course a bunch of states liked Hillary and New York etc., so they stuck with the uncool team.

Now, while all of this is going on, some real American's got stuck on the uncool team, so they moved to Texas and Florida and Tennessee. Likewise, a whole host of people in Atlanta, used to living in free housing and having free phones and free eats, started getting a little nervous about this new work thing, so they moved up to New York, which had digs much more like they were accustomed.

No one got separated out, they voted and/or moved to the country that best met their lifestyle.

You see, this is how this country was supposed to work, before a tyrannical federal bureaucracy started telling states that their people couldn't actually vote for what they believe in, but instead were bound to the decisions of 9 old men and lesbians and a bureaucracy that was no longer accountable to the people.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The example has no meaning. Texas isn't going to vote itself out. Even if it did, you would have set a precedent, and all the counties that don't want to leave would vote themselves out of Texas.
Or do you mean that wouldn't be allowed?

so you have some rural counties, cause the cities have populations that are going to vote against you. Meaningless small economies and no one is going to want to join such a weak grouping, not even those unhappy with the situation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did it ever occur to anyone that our leadership stands to gain by the failing of our country? Why else would they work so hard to achieve it?

We cannot even fathom the fields of greed and power they cultivate in the late night hours when they lay in bed scheming...

To them, we are pawns, not kings. It's time we recognize they will sacrifice us all on the altar of their beloved New World Order. We are sheep led to slaughter.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Woe is us

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by JBGQUICK
The example has no meaning. Texas isn't going to vote itself out. Even if it did, you would have set a precedent, and all the counties that don't want to leave would vote themselves out of Texas.
Or do you mean that wouldn't be allowed?

so you have some rural counties, cause the cities have populations that are going to vote against you. Meaningless small economies and no one is going to want to join such a weak grouping, not even those unhappy with the situation.

You're still bound by the laws of your state and the United State. Texas voted to enter the union, it therefore has the right to leave the union.

Counties on the other hand, unless their state charter dictates otherwise, are political subdivisions of their state. they do not exist except under the charter of their state.

So no, we can't just make up rules. The only reason the South wasn't allowed to leave in 1861, was because the North was powerful enough to say "I won't let you", it wasn't because what the southern states did was against the U.S. Constitution, because it wasn't.

The only thing the Constitution says is that states can't split, but then Lincoln ignored that, since Might is Right, and allowed West Virginia to split.

The votes that Colorado had and California has considered, are allowable because their state charter permits it. Not all states do, however. One would have to read the Texas charter and State Constitution to see if counties voting to secede is allowable.

[Linked Image]

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
...To them, we are pawns, not kings...

Pawns? Hell, we are cattle.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by djs

Djs,
The middle of the country, you know the lib's call it fly-over country,
the people who cling to their guns and bibles etc...
Well it may come as a surprise to YOU east coast/west coast big city liberals, these people actually have to produce things in order to survive.

They produce many of the goods, farming, logging, mining, ranching, etc...
that you big city liberals need to live your cushy lives.

Yet you lib's look down your arrogant nose at these hard working people, well in the words of the great Deflave, GFY

Good post.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 63 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,793
Posts18,496,170
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.