-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
More ammo the better. 9mm with 2 spare mags.

The tired, and retarded, saying of "only need that many rounds if you miss a lot" is downright dangerous and irresponsible to teach or repeat to anyone who might mistakenly listen to it.

It only works on a range with paper targets. One target at a time of course. When someone can reliably foresee the future, then I'll listen to him about how many rounds I'll need.

I cannot predict the circumstances of my gunfight. The location, the number of attackers, the type of weapons they may have, lighting, weather, etc etc etc.

And don't even get me started on this one shot "knock down power" BS. Hopefully someday these BS stories will stop.

Only time I'd say carry a low capacity .45 is if your magazine capacity is limited by law. And only then if you can shoot it better than a 9.

GB1

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Glock 30S for me.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by pira114

The tired, and retarded, saying of "only need that many rounds if you miss a lot" is downright dangerous and irresponsible to teach or repeat to anyone who might mistakenly listen to it.
I always carry some spares.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I always carry some spares.

[Linked Image]

God willing you never need it brother.

Nice blaster though

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I carry a Glock 36. It's 6+1 rounds of 45 and a spare 7 round clip. It's virtually the same size as a G19. I've thought about getting a G19 for capacity, but I'm not John McClane and can't see any reason to need more than 14 rounds of 45 ACP.

I've tried carrying a full size 45 and even a light weight officers model but the weight was always too much. I can carry the G36 and forget it's there. IMHO it's the perfect modern light weight officers 45.

this is exactly what I have been considering...what holster do you use for the 36?

Just the inexpensive Don Hume IWB holster. It only costs about $30 but I haven't found anything better no matter the price. The DH is made of thin leather perfectly molded. It rides low on my strong side, just in front of my back pocket.

14 rounds of 45 is plenty for me. If I start having illusions of TV style shootouts with gangs of attackers, I'll start carrying my AR.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I carry spare ammo regardless of the gun I'm carrying. i don't neccesarily carry spare ammo because I'm expecting to have to discharge that many rounds, I carry the spares because I realize Mr'.Murphy, of Murphy's Law fame is alive and well, and he is an obnoxious, sadistic little prick that likes to stick his nose in things where he is not needed.

That said I also understand how much stress is involved, couoked with the results of the bodies's release of adrenaline into one's system and accept the fact that no matter how well you shoot on the range. When S hits the F in a really real situation, all of that is going to go out the windows.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
God willing you never need it brother.

Nice blaster though
Thanks. Yeah, God willing. Same to you.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Can someone cite a case where a civilian concealed carrier was able to perform a tactical reload during a shootout? I've heard that there's never been such a recorded case.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I carry a Glock 36. It's 6+1 rounds of 45 and a spare 7 round clip. It's virtually the same size as a G19. I've thought about getting a G19 for capacity, but I'm not John McClane and can't see any reason to need more than 14 rounds of 45 ACP.

I've tried carrying a full size 45 and even a light weight officers model but the weight was always too much. I can carry the G36 and forget it's there. IMHO it's the perfect modern light weight officers 45.

Randy, I have a Glock 36 as well. I have two Colt Commanders and have tried every holster design but haven't found one that I really like. I finally settled on carrying the Colt inside my belt in the small of my back. I can carry it all day in this position pretty comfortably and it's quickly accessible. I'm not planning on having to meet Marshall Dillon in the street so quick draw is not my main concern.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna

It only works on a range with paper targets. One target at a time of course. When someone can reliably foresee the future, then I'll listen to him about how many rounds I'll need.

I cannot predict the circumstances of my gunfight. The location, the number of attackers, the type of weapons they may have, lighting, weather, etc etc etc.

And don't even get me started on this one shot "knock down power" BS. Hopefully someday these BS stories will stop.

Only time I'd say carry a low capacity .45 is if your magazine capacity is limited by law. And only then if you can shoot it better than a 9.

fugg it, I'm going belt fed. smile

Sam......

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by lubbockdave

any suggestions on what 45 to look at?

Is there more than one???

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I heard "10 rounds" it made me think .45. That made me think 1911.

So I said "16 rounds".

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by MColeman

Randy, I have a Glock 36 as well. I have two Colt Commanders and have tried every holster design but haven't found one that I really like. I finally settled on carrying the Colt inside my belt in the small of my back. I can carry it all day in this position pretty comfortably and it's quickly accessible. I'm not planning on having to meet Marshall Dillon in the street so quick draw is not my main concern.

I like a 1911 Commander. I just haven't found any good way to carry it except exposed on a good belt. For CC I prefer the 36.

Give the Don Hume IWB holster a try worn just in front of your wallet. It's quick to get to and very comfortable, even driving long distances. I do usually wear an undershirt, under the gun and a pullover over it. It's a fairly inexpensive experiment.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Dave, Listen to Pira. Everything he said is dead nuts on.

Look for a 9mm in the Glock 19 / Sig 228 size class. They are small enough to carry everyday, but large enough to actually do some good in if events turn unpleasant. Hood Rats run in packs, and no one who was ever in a gun fight ops to carry less ammo after the fact.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Even better. I've been trying to figure out how to conceal carry a Mk19

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Would you settle for a "pistol" AR with a Sig brace. They are legal as a CCW weapon in Colorado so long as the barrel is under 12" in length.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Would you settle for a "pistol" AR with a Sig brace. They are legal as a CCW weapon in Colorado so long as the barrel is under 12" in length.

Ha. Im planning to build one as a toy. As of yet, I haven't seen real reliability in them. Especially in barrel lengths under 11.5 inches. Unlike carbine and rifle length, there doesn't seem to be an industry consensus on gas port size and buffer weight. I imagine I'll have to mess around with it to get it right. But that's half the fun

Last edited by pira114; 11/19/14.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Can someone cite a case where a civilian concealed carrier was able to perform a tactical reload during a shootout? I've heard that there's never been such a recorded case.

There was at least one I know of in the Ayoob Files a few years back. Retired USMC, 45 ACP at a Subway, tactical reload and finished the guy off after reloading.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jorgeI

There was at least one I know of in the Ayoob Files a few years back. Retired USMC, 45 ACP at a Subway, tactical reload and finished the guy off after reloading.

There has been a few. A couple I can recall involved the CCW using multiple firearms on multiple aggressors,

Jewlery store in La was one, and the Deas case was another

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Perhaps one should take something from the old west, carry two guns.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,937
Posts18,519,017
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.