-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only problem he uses the executive orders for things the people do not want. Got to stop.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
obama feels the Americans have "let him down".
He is very unhappy and someone is going to
pay dearly.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
He is very unhappy and someone is going to
pay dearly.
We have every right and obligation to make sure he's the one that pays dearly.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by gitem_12
So Kevin, what exactly should our side compromise on?

Well this is just me, and I'm sure you guys will flame the hell out me for not towing the right wing line, but I don't much care.

Compromises from the right:
We need a guest worker program, a realistic one so a head of lettuce doesn't cost $10. We need a way where employers with illegals can work with ICE to make their workers legal. They don't have to be citizens, but we can make them legal.

It's completely unreasonable and logistically/financially impossible to deport 20 million illegal aliens; that's just a pipe dream of people who are pissed off (of which, I'm one of them, but I CAN be realistic). Republicans need to just drop that one no matter how pissed they are.

The border fence is a dip-chit feel-good idea that is the maximum dollar expenditure for the least return. There are much better ways to secure the border�hell, just let the border patrol do their job; that alone will get you 9/10ths of the way there.

There needs to be a path to citizenship, but it needs to be in a way that doesn't bump illegals ahead of those who have been trying to become a citizen LEGALLY. Stop welfare and medicaid, then require any illegal to get a job and spend X amount of years as a guest migrant worker before they're eligible for citizenship. Then require sponsorship from an employer/continuous employment for citizenship. It doesn't have to happen overnight (hell, how long they been here?), it can take a decade or more, but we need to work it out and get it done. This would be a good tit-for a secure our border tat.

Compromises from the left:
SECURE OUR FREAKING BORDER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

Let the border patrol do the their freaking jobs, and back them like we back out troops.

Illegal immigrants who commit felonies need to be immediately deported; every damn one of them! Again, doesn't have to happen overnight, but it needs to happen. And Mexico can kiss our collective arses.

At a very minimum, we need to suspend welfare and medicaid to illegal immigrants for 2-3 years while we create a migrant worker program with employer sponsorship. Personally I'd like to see it completely stopped, but I'd settle for a temporary suspension while we work chit out.

My plan is this:

You want to be a citizen - fine:

Cost - $20,000 PER citizenship paid over 15 years - automatically taken from check
Sign up and check in every 6 months with location, occupation, contact information, etc.
Work and have your employer deduct the Citizenship fee
ZERO felony convictions - one felony and you are out of the program and out of the country - must be CONVICTED felony and yes DUI counts

So - work, contribute to the country, pay your way, and stay out of trouble in 10 years you are a full blown citizen. Done.

I worked with a Canadian for year and it cost him almost $20K in lawyers, travel and forms to become an American citizen.

You cannot just kick them out - they are FAR to deep in our economy - it would literally cripple the nation, NOR can you just forgive the CRIME they are committing by being here AGAINST THE LAW.

Not having read further than this yet... this is an idea.

The green card issue is already there.

Some things need to be addressed, after all if you shut hte border years ago many of us would not be here.

But it should be controlled totally and all benefits taken away until full citizenhsip or at least some form of I"m almost there, has been completed.

No one gave my ancestors anything(heck they picked cotton with the blacks and the blacks even today get way more freebies than we never did....) THey worked to get where they are.

ALong with compromise on this issue, the issues of freebies for citizens needs to be addressed.

Used to be if you needed help what you got wasn't enough to live off of. I believe its more than sufficient these days. And if its not, lets make it so, for those even without kids. But they have to qualify. Drug testing. Public service in lieu of what you are getting, even if its just trash on the side of the road type of service. THen boost em up, but give em a time limit. 3-5 years max to stand up. Access em some job training, I did not say college, I said training.

And once off, then you have to be off for X years before you can apply again.

A LOT of things can be and shoudl be compromised to get to a better place.

But I have this side of me that says piss on em anyway, if htey wouldn't work with us, why should we with them.... but that will get us where we are currently...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by night_owl
Originally Posted by RickyD
Lettuce wouldn't be 10 dollars a head
You either don't do the grocery shopping or don't buy lettuce. smile

The true cost of a head of Lettuce would make your head spin.

No kidding. I had not thought of it that way but you are right.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Honest question for the policy wonks.

In regards to illegal "amnesty", does this Executive Order differ substantially than the republican's bill (mccain/rubio, etc) floated a while back ?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gitem_12
So Kevin, what exactly should our side compromise on?

Great question Gitem. If conservatives, won't compromise they are obstructionist, govt shut down loving, party of no. If the libs won't compromise they are standing up for the values of their constituents. It's also not a double standard. Ask the MSM!

Oh yea, almost forgot, conservatives are also domestic terrorists for refusing to give up our 2A rights "for the chirren."

Last edited by philgood80; 11/20/14.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by night_owl
Originally Posted by RickyD
Lettuce wouldn't be 10 dollars a head
You either don't do the grocery shopping or don't buy lettuce. smile

The true cost of a head of Lettuce would make your head spin.
Educate me. What is the true cost of lettuce? If more than a buck or two, it must be a loss leader universally across the nation. But I don't believe it is.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by heavywalker
I'll give you a hint Walt. It isn't the EO's that are a problem. Everyone here realizes that they have been a tool for the Executive Branch to govern for long before any of us were around. However it is the intent to circumvent the checks and balances within our system and the effects those orders will have that are alarming.

Get it?

Got it...

Do yo think it has anything to do with the lack of meaningful legislation coming out of the GOP controlled house that has caused this circumvention issue? The house has chosen to offer nada-nothing, zip in the past 6 years thus we have EO run a muck.

Get it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Originally Posted by heavywalker
I'll give you a hint Walt. It isn't the EO's that are a problem. Everyone here realizes that they have been a tool for the Executive Branch to govern for long before any of us were around. However it is the intent to circumvent the checks and balances within our system and the effects those orders will have that are alarming.

Get it?

Got it...

Do yo think it has anything to do with the lack of meaningful legislation coming out of the GOP controlled house that has caused this circumvention issue? The house has chosen to offer nada-nothing, zip in the past 6 years thus we have EO run a muck.

Get it?

Retard,

The Ds controlled both the House and Senate in '09 and '10. They did nothing then, either.

The Senate under Reid would not consider any of the bills passed by the House since 2010, and offered no bills to the House in return until late this past session, and that bill was a non-starter.

Facts always trump your lies.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
An Executive Order that intentionally bypasses the Constitution, Congress, or the Rule of Law already in effect is quite different.

Do me the favor of pointing out how any of the Obama EO's violated the constitution. Don't try pretending, just provide something real and solid. Bet ya can't!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I put the idiot on ignore a long time ago. You have more of a chance of getting Nancy Pelosi to look better than Miss America that you have of getting any sense out of NWA.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh, I know. Lyin'AssWalt can't and won't admit to facts or the truth. It's against his nature.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Like putting lipstick on a pig.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's completely unreasonable and logistically/financially impossible to deport 20 million illegal aliens; that's just a pipe dream of people who are pissed off (of which, I'm one of them, but I CAN be realistic). Republicans need to just drop that one no matter how pissed they are.

All we have to do is make being an illegal immigrant a felony with 5 years in prison as the punishment. First offenders will be given the option of pleading guilty, accepting deportation and receive a suspended sentence. That way they could be thrown in prison without a trial if they return.

Make providing aid to illegals a felony punishable by 5 years in prison for every illegal that you provide aid. Establishing or maintaining sanctuaries would be a felony and providing any other help to illegals would also be felonies under this law.

Dedicate the thousands FBI agents who work on ObamaCare to locating and arresting illegals alien felons.

[Linked Image from ]
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
So...pointing out how any of the Obama EO's violated the constitution.

Your words man!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The recent case over his appointment to the NLRB appointment by EO was struck down 9-0 as unconstitutional. That's one. There have been others. Facts, again, destroy you Lyin'AssWalt.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Poor Walt.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager
Get used to it, that's going to become the new norm anytime there is a congress divided from the White House. As time goes on, the two parties work with each other less and less.

Neither side ever wants to compromise on anything anymore. Yet the public still wants stuff done. So the only thing left is executive orders.

This is a failure of our legislature due to the fact that the electorate on both sides will not tolerate a law maker that will ever compromise on anything. Meaning, the voters are to blame. So when we all stood up and said no more compromise, this is the fruit of that labor.

The unintended consequence is we force the President into making more executive orders, and that gives the president even more power.

So either the electorate grows up and comes to the realization that you can't always have it your way, or we grind our government to a halt.

There is a third option, and the one that will come to pass. We go from the original Constitutional Republic to a de facto Caesarian empire. That will come to pass. From there, either the empire falls from decay within or splits apart via revolution and outside instigated/initiated war.

Roman history continues to shed more and more light on our present and our future.

The time is approaching when we must all choose whether to break out the Guillotine and start holding politicians accountable or live under the increasing tyranny of this oppressive government.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by poboy
I know this Mexican woman that recently spent a hell of a lot
of time, effort and yep, some money to become a legal citizen.
No telling how many jobs she has - to make a living in Leakey
Tx. obama might as well slap her face and tell her TGFed.
Amnesty is a slap in the face to all that attained citizen-
ship by legal means. Don't be counting on these Mexicans
voting Democrat.

Say what? Surely you jest.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (219 Wasp, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 68 invisible), 2,563 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,564
Posts18,473,225
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.