-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's much better on my iPhone. Some reloaded pages but no redirects.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Glad it is getting better.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Scott F
Interesting but it does not change my point. Those who buy a computer and just use what comes with it out of the box seem to be a vast majority of computer owners. It does not mean it is the best idea, just what the most do.

A lot of folks will go to Walmart and buy a rifle off the shelf then take whatever ammunition the expert clerk recommends. The then will go deer hunting without even shooting it it see if it is sighted in. Most of us here would rework a factory gun, reload for the best groups and performance we can get and go hunting only after we are sure we can not only hit but kill what we hunt.

Same thing with a computer. I run a laptop with both Windows and Ubuntu. I kept the Windows just in case I come across something I have to have it for but as yet other than set it up with Firefox with addons and my printer drivers have not used it. I have been here almost 14 years and have yet to have a problem with the Campfire. It loads as fast or faster than other sights and my back key has always worked.

But I reload too. wink grin

Scott, I fully understand and appreciate your point.

My point is that any internet forum or website that derives income through advertising based on the most views by the widest audience, like it or not, statistically is going to be dealing with Windows and IE by a vast majority of current and future viewers.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
This site is useless without chrome and ABP..cant believe guys come here without it..all free BTW

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have had problems with this site since day one. I can run multiple tabs on many other websites with absolutely NO problems. The minute I come to this website, my computer goes to its knees.
Please don't try to tell me it's my computer. It's not. The only thing I've found that makes my experience acceptable at all is to completely turn off scripting after I've gotten logged in, and only turn it back on to make a post. I then turn scripting off again. This is the ONLY way I can navigate here.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by joken2
Interesting but it does not change my point. Those who buy a computer and just use what comes with it out of the box seem to be a vast majority of computer owners. It does not mean it is the best idea, just what the most do.

A lot of folks will go to Walmart and buy a rifle off the shelf then take whatever ammunition the expert clerk recommends. The then will go deer hunting without even shooting it it see if it is sighted in. Most of us here would rework a factory gun, reload for the best groups and performance we can get and go hunting only after we are sure we can not only hit but kill what we hunt.

Same thing with a computer. I run a laptop with both Windows and Ubuntu. I kept the Windows just in case I come across something I have to have it for but as yet other than set it up with Firefox with addons and my printer drivers have not used it. I have been here almost 14 years and have yet to have a problem with the Campfire. It loads as fast or faster than other sights and my back key has always worked.

But I reload too. wink grin

Scott, I fully understand and appreciate your point.

My point is that any internet forum or website that derives income through advertising based on the most views by the widest audience, like it or not, statistically is going to be dealing with Windows and IE by a vast majority of current and future viewers.

Agreed. I am sorry so many are having problems even though the problems are pretty easily solved.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Adblock is free. Where did you buy it?
Scott,

I got it off the Apple a App Store. Trial version was free, but it quickly ran out and I had to buy the "Pro" version. Bastards!

OUCH! That sucks. Is it helping?

Scott, it is helping, but as the choir sings, we shouldn't have to resort to these levels .

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Noted.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 160user, 1234, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,790
Posts18,515,999
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.