Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by mathman
It won't affect the balance of the first rifle it will land on, having a 27" #7 contour barrel. grin

I just mounted it on my 40X. It looks at home there, but I don't see it displacing the 6x42 Leupolds on my general purpose hunting rifles.

I'll be testing it next week, along with some IMR4166 in 308 loads.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've got a couple of 20" 5r 308's with Nightforce 20MOA rails coming and will use the 6x's with the free low rings on them if they ever get here. Twill be kool with the suppressors!! Should be absolute perfection.

[Linked Image]

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just two?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by Canazes9
I've heard that the glass and turretts are better on the newer variants vs the older ones. I've also heard that the parallax issues are worse on the higher magnification SWFA fixed mag scopes

I had 2 of the older fixed models. 10X and 16X. As I have told several here before, I could not get over how unbelievably $hitty the turrets were. Both scopes had 1 audible and 1 inaudible turret. All the turrets were mushy as he11.

As I have also stated, tracking was not an issue. But mushy turrets, coupled with just so-so glass, acceptable at best but not great eye relief(for prone I need a lot), and finicky parallax adjustment caused me to sell the scopes.

I am now interested in trying another, given all the hype. I figure they simply have to have improved since I owned mine years ago, given what I've read here.

I will say that for a cheaper LR scope, they tracked as well as anything. Better than the Vortexes I tried and sold. The fixed power Weavers with micro-trac are also excellent for their price.....

Fixed power Weavers with micro-trac????

I was not aware that the fixed power Weavers had micro-trac. Perhaps I am misinformed? Got a link to one?

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oregontripper
Just two?

That's all he had. laugh

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The new Fixed Fhuqkers CRUSH the elder version(s).

The Weaver T-Series Fixed with MicroTrac,do of course track well,but their parallax adjustment sucks ass and is incredibly long winded. Their erector travel is paltry too,with their eye-relief and ease of acquisition,being all things BUT forgiving. They can be pressed into service for static events,but are horrid for anything that changes and are THE bane of Utility.

[Linked Image]

Going from a Fixed Fhuqker to a T-Series is multiple bad moves stacked upon each other. Great way to go backwards and fast!

16x T getting replaced by 16x MQ,in order to be objectively fair. Pun be intended.

Rear focus soooooooooo rocks.

[Linked Image]

Happiness.

Note lateral shift in ocular locale. Hint.

[Linked Image]

10x is the ceiling to adhere,for the warm/fuzzy and the MQ steals the show. After zeroing a T-Series MicroTrac,you'll have more latitude on the Fixed Fhuqker's windshield,than you will the T's erector. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Though of course the Fixed Fhuqker's erector travel is over DOUBLE the T's,to boot. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Conjoin them factoids,to get the big picture. Hint.

Appreciate the laughs this morning,as per always...you gals are on fire.

Funny schit!

Thanks for doing your best.

Laffin'!

The Leupie 6x42 is tough to whoop,which remains a constant and nothing is faster or more forgiving. That being said,the inherent 150+ MOA available in the MQ,along with the windshield...grants nearly 200MOA of total latitude,which connects alotta dots by default.

Leupie 6x42 eye-relief,steals the show on a Boomer and that's something that always rates a thunk.

In retrospect,there's over 100 Fixed Fhuqkers in use by myself and pards,less anyone jumping ship,having an "issue" or being anything less than delighted. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Just sayin'...which is easy for me to say,if only because I've got 'em all.

Hint.

I can only lead folks to water,but admittedly do getta kick outta when they refrain the refreshments.

Good talk.

Laffin'!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Formidilosus,

Have you tried any of the SS HD models, specifically the 10x? Do they hold up as well as the standard models?

John

Absolutely. At least the ones I have seen. While the glass is very good in the 10x HD I personally don't believe it is worth the extra money..... But I don't really care about glass anyways.

Btw- THABKS you the info re.- count.

Blasphemy!

Get a rope...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I damn near put a WHOLE BOX OF BULLETS through the SS today.

Tracks UBER well. I don't think I'm gonna love the reticle but it is a bit early.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
To fine?

David

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know....but you're supposed to put the scope on the rifle.....NOT downrange!

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Canazes9
To fine?

David

Yes.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
I damn near put a WHOLE BOX OF BULLETS through the SS today.

Good thing you saved a few for your next outing! Don't want to shoot them up all at once. laugh

Got an Annie 54 in route, and about ready to order a McMillan. DIP 75MOA rail and a superchicken fixed 10x waiting on the sidelines. Got another SS 3-15x42 in route. I think I'm going to mount it to my CZ for giggles just to see how I like it over the fixed 10x I have on it now.

I may shoot an entire box of ammo myself when all is said and done! lol grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man, from what I've been reading here, I no longer think that variable scopes are designed to last beyond the firing of an entire box of ammo.

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Man, from what I've been reading here, I no longer think that variable scopes are designed to last beyond the firing of an entire box of ammo.

A lot depends on whether you use shorts or longs..

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Round counts continue to be obscene and Ma' Nature has offered much,which'll default the warm/fuzzy in it's aftermath.

Been really beating the fhuqk outta schit and today alone,shoulda cost me a Loomis GLX 1141-S,Canon G-12 and a Fixed Fhuqker 6X MQ...in no particular order.

It was a Chrome Cavalcade,in Noah-esque weather(were he real). TOTALLY submerged the Baby BR twice,by turning my back to wrestle Chrome in SCREAMING water. While doing battle(s),it rose and she were outta sight. My pack floated off once,with the G-12 inside and it never puked. All victims were conquered via the 9'6" UL an I really shoulda landed none.(grin)

GREAT fhuqking day!

Thunked I was gonna have an issue,when traipsing across V-notch to V-notch,in pursuit of another drift and broke yet another gawdamned fhuqking sling and listened to my schit rattle down the guts. Wonder that I fhuqking even heard it,but I felt it go,as I had the rifle over my neck draping my backpack and was bullheading some brush. Have dropped 'em farther and even had to wonder if I could retrieve one,once before.

Anywhoo...the bitch AMAZINGLY took the lick,as per no cracked lenses,no missing turrets and yet held it's prescribed zero. I'd of lost loot,wagering on them happenings.(grin)

Weather was balmy,however.

[Linked Image]

Yesterday was a walk in the Park,regarding weather comparisons and I turned both blue and red yesterday. Today were a good way,to get killed dead.

[Linked Image]

Have yet to have an erector bobble and the windshield happily places schit where one wishes. I hope one pukes,just so I can know WTF it takes,to arrange same.(grin)

Fhuqk variables.

Hint.

Pulled off the muzzle's tape and hipshot it,prior to tossing it in the crummy for the night and tomorrow will be more of the same,only adding fresh tape.

Though in fairness,I'm bumping leaders to 20# Chameleon and may even go size #1 hooks. Will have an STFR 1363-S in tow(Stradic 5000 and 30# PP),along with a few other mainstays,as it will be PRIME opportunity to blow a blank up,trying to keep Chrome outta log jams.

Though I appreciate the Couchbound Chronicles,of schit that nearly got did,with wares that nearly got had and from places that nearly got went.

Laughing!................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very nice bright chrome. Good to hear about the glass holding together during the launch and recovery. Did the fair weather rate waders, or did you hit it loggin style? That water looks to be a little past numb.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That crappie is fuggin' huge!

Travis

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Travis

They get big in Iowa, or is it Kentucky?:)

Fishing in AK is UBER!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4321

Travis

Fishing in AK is UBER!

You've been there and fished?

Lets see some pics!

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by 4321

Travis

Fishing in AK is UBER!

You've been there and fished?

Lets see some pics!

It was 35yrs ago, pre-digital. If you wanna BET SOME MONEY, I might make the effort.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

441 members (17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 10ring1, 44 invisible), 2,744 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,757
Posts18,514,848
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.