Home
Canazes9 sent the scope to me to give it the once over. I took it to my friend's shop, secured it into the jig and tested the scope's reticle accuracy, dialing accuracy, tracking, and parallax adjustment.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Reticle

The Mil Quad Reticle is marked in 1/2 and full mil increments. It is also broken down into smaller increments in certain parts of the reticle.

[Linked Image]

The reticle subtensions were very accurate.

Keep in mind that this is a straight 6X scope. The reticle subtensions appear pretty small in the first place and I didn't see the point of breaking the reticle down into .1 or .2 mils; shooters are not gonna do too much ranging with this scope. Actually being able to duplicate a .1 or .2 hold for wind or drop would be difficult because of the size of the reticle. Nevertheless, it's there.

Dialing and Click Value

I zeroed the scope on the board and carefully dialed from mil mark to mil mark. At 5 mils, the scope needed 5.1 dialed. Not too bad at all. Normally (and this scope fit the norm) the difference between reticle movement and what had to be dialed get worse as more dialing occures. Error increased at about 12 mils needing 12.2 to get there, and at 15, 15.3 was needed.

This is pretty damn good for a scope of this cost as you'll see later. Also, this scope really isn't going to be used for any Long Range shooting where precision is needed simply because of the magnification. About 5 mils of reliable travel will get a guy to 800 yards with a 6.5 Creedmoor.

All in all, the click values were pretty damn good.

Tracking

When I speak of how a scope "tracks", I'm talking about how the knobs are moving the reticle vertically inside the scope. It's very common for some scopes to be perfectly lined up on the vertical line on the board and when the elevation knob is cranked, the reticle will shift slightly to the left of the vertical line and move. When the knob is cranked the other direction toward zero, the reticle will shift back to it's original position on the line slightly to the right and move up.

This is called "running the race track". Imagine an elliptical movement from top to bottom then back up.

This scope "ran the track" as do some more well known brand names, but would always come back to the line if it was dialed past the destination and back to the destination. Example: I want to put 5 mils into the scope so I dial past 5 a tad and dial back to 5. Always approach the number from the same direction whether you're dialing up or down.

All in all, the scope's tracking was good.

Parallax Adjustment

The scope has a parallax adjustment just in front of the eyepiece. Talking to my friend who has tested many of the SWFA scopes, this was his major complaint about the scope. He related that the parallax was so sensitive, that to shoot at one range then move slightly out or in to another would require an adjustment in parallax. He basically stated that the scopes were simply "unusable" because of this. An example he gave was shooting at 100 yards then moving to 300. He said that there was so much parallax that the target would move "feet" in relation to the reticle when you moved your eye in the box. Imagine what this will do to accuracy.

With this particular scope, the issue didn't seem to be that exaggerated. I viewed objects at 100 yards and adjusted the parallax out then moved to distant objects to check the problem. It was there but manageable. In fact, I noted that setting the parallax to "500" on this particular scope seemed to be a happy place where parallax wasn't too much of an issue at any range past 100 yards.

How the scope will hold up under use is another story. I will send it back to canazes9 and let him add to this thread as he uses the scope.

Summary

All in all I think that this scope is a good value for $300. It functions, the reticle is accurate and the glass was clear

At the same time I tested another scope;

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is a $2,500.00 plus scope for serious long range/tactical/precision shooting. It tracked perfectly up and down the vertical line. Interestingly enough, the click values went astray at the 5 mil line needing 5.1 just as the SWFA did, although it never needed more than .2 more all the way out to 20 mils.

Rick,

I appreciate you taking the time to put it on the jig and run it through it's paces. Tracking performance you documented pretty much duplicates previous performance that I experienced. I never shot the previous scope past 700 and rarely past 500. I've heard that the glass and turretts are better on the newer variants vs the older ones. I've also heard that the parallax issues are worse on the higher magnification SWFA fixed mag scopes - never tried a fixed SS over 6x, so I don't how true that is or isn't.

Regards,

David
So would you buy one after getting to check out Canazes'?
I would put it on a really good .22LR.

Not enough magnification for me for any shooting or hunting I do. I would rather have a variable 6-18X Leupold (I have 2. One on a .223 and one on a .243 WSSM) for long range capability.

The scope was very good functionally but I have never had a situation where I wished all I had was 6X.
Thanks for the test.
Rick thanks for taking the time to test and explain in detail. That was a good read.

Is there a reason some scopes show so much more parallax than others? Is less parallax something you get in higher priced scopes?
You get what you pay for...no such thing as a free lunch.

For the price point, SWFA has to be making compromises somewhere...looks like it is in parallax.

However, I'd like to run a 10 or 12x on my 22/250 groundhog rig and see wtf..

Tony
I'm definitely not an expert on how scopes are made or what causes parallax. It really wasn't too bad with this scope.

As someone posted, my friend found other models of SWFA (I'm sure they were higher power variables) to have a real issue with parallax.
OK thanks!
I would not be concerned about having to make parralax adjustments on a groundhog rifle....not an issue.

Usually have plenty of time to dial and shoot.

As long as the adjustments are accurate for the given range indicated.

Tony
As with a lot of scopes, the marked yardages on the rear parallax adjustment ring seemed to be meaningless. I wasn't able to test its accuracy at known ranges though. I did find that the 500 yard mark is probably where I'd set it and leave it

YMMV as they say.

Happy Thanksgiving!
They're on sale right now! $259 for Black Friday.
Originally Posted by hicountry
You get what you pay for...no such thing as a free lunch.

For the price point, SWFA has to be making compromises somewhere...looks like it is in parallax.

Tony

Not even close. No current, last five or six years, version show a parallax problem. I've seen well over a hundred.

The price is because they go straight from the manufacturer to the dudes selling them (SWFA). No middle men. When these things first came out under the Tasco brand they sold for around $800.

The scopes just work.
I was checking out the offerings in the catalog. There were some tactical versions in the range of 1700$

Do you have any experience with them?
Well, it appears that you missed one or a few......

Being an engineer and all, I believe in controlled experiments that produce objective data.

Like I said no such thing as a free lunch.

Looks like a lot of bang for the buck on the SS.

I'll still run a 12 or 10 SS on my hog slayer.....

Tony
Originally Posted by TexasTBag
They're on sale right now! $259 for Black Friday.

Thanks for the heads up! Just bought a 12x.
Good work people. Got a 6X.

Travis
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
I was checking out the offerings in the catalog. There were some tactical versions in the range of 1700$

Do you have any experience with them?

The 5-20x50mm's are solid. Would have little problem being forced to use them for all the higher power scopes.
Formidilosus,

Have you tried any of the SS HD models, specifically the 10x? Do they hold up as well as the standard models?

John
They're out of 6x - both the mil-quad and mil-dot models. Great deal with free rings and bubble level.
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Formidilosus,

Have you tried any of the SS HD models, specifically the 10x? Do they hold up as well as the standard models?

John

Absolutely. At least the ones I have seen. While the glass is very good in the 10x HD I personally don't believe it is worth the extra money..... But I don't really care about glass anyways.

Btw- THABKS you the info re.- count.
Got a couple of the 6x, a 10x, and a 3-9. The 6x are still available to order on the site for $259 but you have to select your ring height before adding to cart.
Originally Posted by Canazes9
I've heard that the glass and turretts are better on the newer variants vs the older ones. I've also heard that the parallax issues are worse on the higher magnification SWFA fixed mag scopes

I had 2 of the older fixed models. 10X and 16X. As I have told several here before, I could not get over how unbelievably $hitty the turrets were. Both scopes had 1 audible and 1 inaudible turret. All the turrets were mushy as he11.

As I have also stated, tracking was not an issue. But mushy turrets, coupled with just so-so glass, acceptable at best but not great eye relief(for prone I need a lot), and finicky parallax adjustment caused me to sell the scopes.

I am now interested in trying another, given all the hype. I figure they simply have to have improved since I owned mine years ago, given what I've read here.

I will say that for a cheaper LR scope, they tracked as well as anything. Better than the Vortexes I tried and sold. The fixed power Weavers with micro-trac are also excellent for their price.....
I just purchased a new 3-15x42 with the old style turretts - they are much improved over my precious 6x. I realize that's a more expensove scope, but am hopeful. As soon as I get my new one back from Rick I'll comment on it.

David
Yes I'm interested in your findings.....
I wonder if the 3-9's are going to go on sale too? The email I got said to check at 12:01 Friday but I saw the fixed powers are already on sale.

Bb
http://swfa.com/blackfriday2014/

They're pretty much all going on sale, I guess they're actually waiting till midnight to show the variables at a discount.
Just picked up 3 more scopes. I'm probably going to regret not buying more.

Bb
You STUPID fhuqkers are slowwwwwwwwwww "learners".

You'll wanna shut the fhuqk up...take notes and apply same.

Hint................
Ordered some. Going on a 223AI barreled action Chad did for me. Reckon I can hit a gnat's ass at 500 meters???
Oh, and I also picked up the 1-4x24 for $299 to try on my LMT.
Picked up a 3-15x42mm.

Looks like all the 6x and 10x (aside from the 10x HD) are already sold out. frown
Not sold out. Click on the scope name, click on the height of free rings, add to cart.
Originally Posted by 30338
Not sold out. Click on the scope name, click on the height of free rings, add to cart.

Well I'll be damn.... thanks! Just secured another 10x and 6x mil-quad. grin
Yep, trying to keep my visa card in my wallet but weakening.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You STUPID fhuqkers are slowwwwwwwwwww "learners".

You'll wanna shut the fhuqk up...take notes and apply same.

Hint................

OK....I shut the fhuqk up but I'll need some notes to be applying as you seemingly left me empty handed! laugh

I'm running a 10x but have not yet tried the 6x. Notes please! grin

Please reply in the undesiphered code. smile

The wind was blowing like a sumbeach down here today so the Stihl 461 didn't get to sink its teeth today. Hope all is well and safe in your neck of the woods.

Regards
Shod
I just received my 6x42 SS from Rick - thanks Rick!

I mounted it on my Montana 7mm-08 in Talley lows, have not taken it to the range yet, maybe tomorrow...

Initial impressions:

I remember thinking that the reticle on my 3-9x42 was a little thicker than my previous 6x42 even when compared with the 3-9x42 on 6x. Now, having had a chance to use the 3-9x42 for 4-5 months and hunt with it, the reticle seems MUCH thicker than the 6x42. The reticle on the 3-9x42 is well suited for low light use or precision short to mid range shooting, I like the 3-9x42 reticle better.

The turretts on my old 6x42 were a little mushy - not as bad as some people describe, but a little mushy. The turretts on the new 6x42 are much improved. Crisp, tactile and audible clicks. They actually feel a little better than the turrets on my 3-9x42. The 3-9x42 turretts are significantly stiffer and smaller. The turretts on the 6x42 could conceivably get bumped while carrying, the 3-9x42 turrets highly unlikely.

The glass on the new 6x42 is much improved. The brief side by side comparison I did with my son it seems as good as the 3-9x42 glass.

Eye relief appears to be about the same between the two w/ the 3-9x42 on 6x.

Overall, the new 6x42 seems significantly improved and a heck of a value. My initial thoughts are that I probably would prefer another 3-9x42 over the 6x42 on my Montana. I'm going to leave it alone for now, and shoot it as is for awhile.

David
Nice to hear about the 3-9, one on the way...

Is there any way to readily identify one of the earlier more-mushy scopes from the new? Say for shopping used...
I was going to get one of the 1-4's for $299 but not sure the illuminated milquad DM reticle would be best in that scope for my type of hunting? Not sure its a good lower light/woods reticle.
The 1-4x is SFP.
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
The 1-4x is SFP.

The new version is. The original HD version that has the mil-quad within a circle is 1st FP. It is still available. The reticle is MORE than daylight bright, uses a common 2032 coin-type battery that'll last about a week left on. The cap carries a spare. I don't think a person could pick a better scope for the woods. I have one of the new versions on the way as well.
Pretty sure that he stated which one.
Now, having had a chance to use the 3-9x42 for 4-5 months and hunt with it, the reticle seems MUCH thicker than the 6x42. The reticle on the 3-9x42 is well suited for low light use or precision short to mid range shooting, I like the 3-9x42 reticle better.

David,

As much as I like the MQ reticle, I think the regular Mil-dot would be worth considering with the fixed-6x.

Jason

Originally Posted by 4th_point
Now, having had a chance to use the 3-9x42 for 4-5 months and hunt with it, the reticle seems MUCH thicker than the 6x42. The reticle on the 3-9x42 is well suited for low light use or precision short to mid range shooting, I like the 3-9x42 reticle better.

David,

As much as I like the MQ reticle, I think the regular Mil-dot would be worth considering with the fixed-6x.

Jason

Agreed - I wish they offerred the mil-dot reticle with mil turrets.

David
I couldn't resist, got one coming.
Follow-up post:

Last night I spent a little time comparing the SS 6x42 to my Leupold LRD 6x42 and my SS 3-9x42 set on 6x and 9x. I wasn't really trying to compare the scopes optically, merely trying to determine if I could see the reticle till the end of legal shooting light. The Leupold did appear to be slightly brighter than either SS at 6x, but not by much. In my experience, if I can still see the reticle in the shadows of my backyard on a cloudy night at last light with my eyes unadjusted to the dark, the reticle will work in the twighlight of a real hunting situation when my eyes have had a chance to adjust.

The Leupold LRD reticle was clearly visible 30min after sunset. Past testing at home and in the field has shown that it is easy to see the reticle till the end of legal shooting light.

The SS 3-9x42 worked about as well as the Leupold on 9x, clearly visible past legal shooting light. On 6x the 3-9x42 reticle was visible in my backyard till about exactly the end of legal shooting light. In the field with my eyes adjusted on a recent hunting trip, I fould the reticle on the 3-9x42 set at 6x still visible on two evenings about 10 min after legal shooting light.

The SS 6x42 I have only tested in the backyard. About 5min before the end of legal shooting light, the reticle became difficult to use. Obviously, I don't have field time with this scope in these conditions, but I'm betting that in actual use the reticle will still be usable at the end of last light most of the time.

I took the SS 6x42 to the range today, mounted on my Montana 7mm-08. As often happens, for better or worse, my opinion of the scope and the reticle began to change once I started shooting with it. Shooting from 100-500 yards the reticle made it surprisingly easy to precisely place hits. I'm aware of the usual target techniques to shoot lower magnification scopes at longer distances - they weren't needed with this reticle.

The scope performed as it should, clicks matched prescribed values precisly to the 500yd line and it returned to zero precisily after shooting ~30 rounds from 300-500, adjusting the turrett for each shot. The parallex was still set at 500yds from when Rick had it and I saw no reason to adjust it. I did not notice any parallex from 100-500. Initial sighters to get on paper at 50 did have a little parallex when set at 500yds, I did not attempt to adjust it out - once I got on paper, I zeroed at 100yds.

I'm starting to feel some love for this SS 6x42. It may find a permanent home on the Montana!

David
The 10x42 Mil Quad Worked Fine for me in low light,I killed a doe on opening day 15 minutes after sundown in a cut over ricefield 250 yards.
Next week I went back and Killed a 9 point 5 minutes after sundown in the same field at 125 yards.
No problem seeing the reticle at all.
Now I expect that in deep woods the reticle would not be that visible at sundown but in the fields where I hunt mostly the reticle works great.
Seeing how the 6x42 is going to be brighter than the 10x42 I would expect no issues seeing and using the Mil Quad reticle at any legal shooting time.
Canazes9

This has been an interesting topic....

I recently acquired a 6x with Mil Dot and would send it your way for a side by side with the 6x Mil-Quad. That said, I have a 3-9 MQ coming so I could compare those. Just like you did, for sighting utility in low light.

Any thoughts?
Originally Posted by oregontripper
Canazes9

This has been an interesting topic....

I recently acquired a 6x with Mil Dot and would send it your way for a side by side with the 6x Mil-Quad. That said, I have a 3-9 MQ coming so I could compare those. Just like you did, for sighting utility in low light.

Any thoughts?

I've been looking at the specs comparing the two (mil dot vs mil-quad). It appears as if the there may be a slight advantage to the mil-quad looking at the size specs. I don't think there is anything I'm doing in my backyard that would justify a cross country round trip for your mil-dot 6x42. It will be interesting to hear you thoughts comparing the 3-9x42 reticle to the 6x42 mil dot. While the 6x42 mil-quad is definitely a fine (thin) reticle, I believe it will prove to be sufficiently useful for my needs. Shooting it today at the range really made me appreciate the precision it was capable of.

David
Cool. Given impressions so far, and from the reports, they're a hell a'bargain with more used ones showing up all the time.

Thanks.
Sun of a biaaaatch. Ordered 2 Mil-quad 6x's today. Also ordered 3 Timney's at $97 per. Dammit!

I ordered a pair o 10X mil-quads yesterday. I'd like to order about ten scopes in various flavors, but I'm afeared of what next month's Visa bill is already going to look like. eek
Originally Posted by mathman
I couldn't resist, got one coming.

6x42 Mil Quad version.
But I heard that they're heavy, and the reticle sucks, and if you put them on light rifles it makes them balance like dog poo....

[Linked Image]

And they don't hold a zero after riding in the floorboard for thousands of miles and being dropped on the scope multiple times.

[Linked Image]

And you can't kill with them...
[Linked Image]

It won't affect the balance of the first rifle it will land on, having a 27" #7 contour barrel. grin
Don't have the 3-15x42mm in hand yet, but the specs sure do make it out to be a pig of a scope. Going to mount it to my son's Kimber 8400 Montana .270WSM for giggles. Hell, the 8400 is heavier and the stocks contours and ergo's aren't as svelte as it's 84M brethren, so perhaps the pig scope will balance it out! lol
You're gonna flip your rifle over.....Shot a deer yesterday with a 3-9 SS all setup for long range. At 35 yards I had a bunch of mils lined up on him. Bedded on plains on a windy day and snuck up on him. That scope does track great though if needed.

Taking out my 5 pound 12 ounce or so 223 with a 6x ss to bust some dogs this weekend. Hope it stays upright.
I agree with many. Nothing trumps a butt heavy rifle for offhand shooting.
Plus - they're held together by tape!

[Linked Image]
And upside down, can't keep them upright with the SS scopes on them. Makes running a drop chart a biotch too. I'm coping though.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I can't recall the last time either me or my kids shot long range offhand. I think we'll muddle through with improvised field rests. grin
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Nothing quite like talking out of your a$$. Maybe you should spend more time trying things and less time trying to be the grumpy old curmudgeon of 24hr....

[Linked Image]

Balance point shifted at most 0.5" compared to the 6x42 Leupold that was on there previously. It absolutely is not butt heavy. I shoot the rifle from field positions all the time. Haven't put that many rounds through it since I swapped scopes, but the only change I could detect was a slight increase in steadiness due to the slight increase in weight.

David
I just got an email from SWFA that both of my scopes are backordered. Just an heads-up to the other 25 guys who've smoked their Visa this week.
Originally Posted by 222Rem
I just got an email from SWFA that both of my scopes are backordered. Just an heads-up to the other 25 guys who've smoked their Visa this week.

Par for the course with SWFA, and why I will not spend a dime with those jacklegs!
I wasn't complaining, just preparing the crowd for a little pending disappointment. wink
Understood. I'm just telling you this is standard operating procedure with these guys. They have not stepped into the 21st century with their inventory system.

E-mail I received this morning indicates my orders were filled and shipped out yesterday.
I waited 6 weeks for my last 6x over the summer. Was worth it to me. At $259 for that scope, I wouldn't mind waiting if I needed another.
I'd rather have to wait for a product than to have a product produced at a faster rate cause that almost always equals less attention to detail. one of the guys over at SWFA told me that their orders have steadily increased every month on almost every model. Like Stick used to say, good schite sells itself and those SS scopes are a prime example. The owner of SWFA told me that when he went into this venture, he made a vow that the quality was first and foremost and that he would just raise the cost of the scope when necessary. Some of the guys over at OpticsTalk were bugging Chris to make a "hunting scope" line (lighter weight different reticles etc), but he really didn't seem all that interested at the time. Lighter weight would mean less durable in this case, as using "space age" materials would defeat the whole purpose of the product line.
Originally Posted by clark98ut
Understood. I'm just telling you this is standard operating procedure with these guys. They have not stepped into the 21st century with their inventory system.

What makes you say this ?
Originally Posted by RDFinn

What makes you say this ?

Some places now have their inventory directly linked to their online sales. If someone orders the last one 30seconds before you do at 1am Sunday morning, you instantly see it's out of stock. SWFA processes their online orders 1/day. You could order online at 8am, they sell 5 by phone, selling out by 2:30pm and then your order will be on backorder. Seems like I've seen somebody say numerous times if you want something from SWFA pick up the phone and call them....

David
I didn't know that. I agree with you that the orders/stock on hand should be live and on a first come first served basis. That should be a software or programing issue. Heck, if someone walks in off the street and buys a scope FTF with them or anyone else for that matter, it should be what's available and not what's sitting on the shelf, if what you're saying is the case.
SWFA Backorders
Just to clarify, I don't think they are deliberately selling stock to people over the phone or store walk-ins preferentially - it's just the way their system is set-up. All online orders are downloaded and processed after 2:30 each business day, confirmations sent the following morning. It is different than some online retailers - knowing that, I pick up the phone and call them when I want something.

David
If you need something now, and they show they have it, do like David said and call to confirm. If they have it in stock, you generally won't have a problem.

But, and it's a big but, don't assume that because it appears to be in stock on their website that it is in fact in stock. There is probably some of what David described above that happens, but they also don't update their website very often with stock status.
Whether they're backordered or not, I still want the scopes, and would have placed the order even if out of stock............at least at current price.

If these don't come before Christmas, it'll give me the chance to order something else. grin
Got a couple backordered here....but I'm almost never in a hurry these days.
Whether they're backordered or not, I still want the scopes, and would have placed the order even if out of stock............at least at current price.

If these don't come before Christmas, it'll give me the chance to order something else. grin

Me too, I'll wait. I really do want to get my hands on that new 1-4x though
I strongly considered the 1-4X, but wanted a pair of 10's more, and figure I'd let some other guys field test the SS 1-4X for me first. There are lots of 1-4's on the market, but an overbuilt, mil/mil with reliable/accurate tracking for $260 is just a bit tougher to source. wink
I've ordered a lot of stuff from them and haven't had one bad experience. Always got the follow-up email with status and tracking numbers also. I bought my Leica ER 2.5-10x42 scope from their Sample List and it was listed as a "B" class item and there wasn't a single mark on the scope that would indicate the scope was ever mounted on a rifle that I could see and I looked very closely. Got a fantastic deal as well.
'Stick has posted often that it was best to pick up the phone and call them, because they had a habit of accepting orders for stuff they didn't have when the order was placed online. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them myself (by phone) and never had a problem. I will continue to do so. Nothing is ever perfect...

David
Bunch of babies whining about backorders.

Its call "first world problems"

I don't know if you can even call it that though. They make a good product for a great price. Its no surprise they run out of them. Just get in line and wait your turn.

I strongly considered the 1-4X, but wanted a pair of 10's more, and figure I'd let some other guys field test the SS 1-4X for me first. There are lots of 1-4's on the market, but an overbuilt, mil/mil with reliable/accurate tracking for $260 is just a bit tougher to source. wink

I have pretty high hopes. I got one 3-9x42 MQ already shipped and on the way. One new style lit 1-4 $299 unit for a 30-30! and one 10x MQ backordered. Why no complaints? All the positive reports and I recently bought a used 6x MD - it's a substantial piece of optics. SWFA SS, what a bargain! If folks no likey - It's their problem. A Mil Mil burly 10x for $260 with rings and a level doodad thrown in too! Maybe they'll get enough market that the big boys will come to understand the importance of grown up erector sets? Way to persist Mr. F.!
Originally Posted by bellydeep

Not whining, just stating facts. They have a habit of selling things they don't have in stock. If you don't mind the wait or being charged for products that are not in stock, then by all means, order away.

The problem I have with them is they never update their website to show an item out of stock. Case in point, none of the SS scopes are listed as out of stock on their website right now despite multiple people commenting that they are indeed out of stock.

Not whining, just stating facts. They have a habit of selling things they don't have in stock. If you don't mind the wait or being charged for products that are not in stock, then by all means, order away.

The problem I have with them is they never update their website to show an item out of stock. Case in point, none of the SS scopes are listed as out of stock on their website right now despite multiple people commenting that they are indeed out of stock.

If you've decided you want a SWFA SS, it's pretty much a moot point - you're gonna wait. I can see where someone might get a little aggravated ordering something that was readily available at another site and getting a back order from SWFA. Even more so if you were trying to get something in a hurry for a trip....

David

Think of it like ordering a Mickey. You just never know when it'll be "in stock".
The hilarity continues...and it remains a constant theme,that them who do the LEAST,whine the MOST. Nothing new there,but the reiteration(s) are a fhuqking hoot!

VERY easy to get a person on the phone,ask questions and act in them accords. Hint.

I doubt that I'm privvy to much more than 50 Fixed Fhuqker purchases,in these last coupla days. Hint. Hell...I mighta even ordered myself. Laughing!!!

Lotsa folks put carts in front of ponies and the hilarity never fhuqking wanes. There were clear instructions on their(SWFA's) site,denoting the fact that ring height needed to be ascertained,or the ball wouldn't roll. Hint.

That was a FULL fhuqking page of CRYSTALLINE instructions,replete with fhuqking pictures. HINT.

I'm a people person and like to connect a voice to an order and was hardly "surprised",that the person answering the Black Friday phone,more than recognized my voice. Hint.

My schit shipped. Hint.

As did all the others,I was privvy to. HINT.

Not that I don't dig the Whining Dumbfhuqktitude of them oblivious to hint(s). Hint.

I can only lead you STUPID fhuqkers to water.

Hint.

Laughing.....................

Seems the only whiner were the one not even ordering. Pretend disappointment?
Both my scopes shipped with no problem. I don't think I've ever had an issue with SWFA.
I ordered 3...all shipped...

Of course, I was smart enough to 1) order early in the sale and 2) pick my ring height
The butt plate missing on that stock or am I simply not seeing it? I am going to drop test the $299 1-4. It's on the way.
There's no recoil pad. It's an HTS stock, was getting inletted and bedded with the intention that I would finish and by the time it was done I only had enough time to zero, chrono, check comeups, and then we were on the road. Hasn't affected anything so I haven't bothered. Might do a flip flop.

Form:

What rings do you like for the SS? Apologies if it was mentioned earlier.
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Form:

Depends on the application. Because of how many rifles and scopes I shoot I tend to stick to piccatinny base/ring setups. I would anyways as they are the strongest, most durable way to go. With that I default to Nightforce Ultralite rings, though I'm happy to use any that are good. The above 243win has some new EGW lightweight pic rings and I'm happy with them so far.

Thanks!
TPS also makes decent rings. I've not tried their aluminum rings but I plan to. TPS actually makes a low tactical ring and Leupold doesn't.
I ordered a 6 X mil dot site says waiting to invoice and my CC has been billed. Who makes them for SWFA? Picked the low rings will they work on a std barrel contour?
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Form:

Depends on the application. Because of how many rifles and scopes I shoot I tend to stick to piccatinny base/ring setups. I would anyways as they are the strongest, most durable way to go. With that I default to Nightforce Ultralite rings, though I'm happy to use any that are good. The above 243win has some new EGW lightweight pic rings and I'm happy with them so far.

I'm not a heavy user of piccatinny base/rings or 30mm scopes so it's a bit of a new game for me, but I've been using Seekins low rings with a SS and have been very pleased with them. It's on a .22 so it's not eating a lot of recoil but I like the rings.
I use aluminum Tps rings over Egw aluminum rails on all of my short actions and rimfires. Long actions get something in steel for extra piece of mind, although probably not necessary.
I ordered a 6x42mq and a hd 5-20 on Friday morning, received both yesterday.
Originally Posted by mathman
It won't affect the balance of the first rifle it will land on, having a 27" #7 contour barrel. grin

I just mounted it on my 40X. It looks at home there, but I don't see it displacing the 6x42 Leupolds on my general purpose hunting rifles.

I'll be testing it next week, along with some IMR4166 in 308 loads.
I've got a couple of 20" 5r 308's with Nightforce 20MOA rails coming and will use the 6x's with the free low rings on them if they ever get here. Twill be kool with the suppressors!! Should be absolute perfection.

[Linked Image]
Just two?
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
I've heard that the glass and turretts are better on the newer variants vs the older ones. I've also heard that the parallax issues are worse on the higher magnification SWFA fixed mag scopes

I had 2 of the older fixed models. 10X and 16X. As I have told several here before, I could not get over how unbelievably $hitty the turrets were. Both scopes had 1 audible and 1 inaudible turret. All the turrets were mushy as he11.

As I have also stated, tracking was not an issue. But mushy turrets, coupled with just so-so glass, acceptable at best but not great eye relief(for prone I need a lot), and finicky parallax adjustment caused me to sell the scopes.

I am now interested in trying another, given all the hype. I figure they simply have to have improved since I owned mine years ago, given what I've read here.

I will say that for a cheaper LR scope, they tracked as well as anything. Better than the Vortexes I tried and sold. The fixed power Weavers with micro-trac are also excellent for their price.....

Fixed power Weavers with micro-trac????

I was not aware that the fixed power Weavers had micro-trac. Perhaps I am misinformed? Got a link to one?
Just two?

That's all he had. laugh

The new Fixed Fhuqkers CRUSH the elder version(s).

The Weaver T-Series Fixed with MicroTrac,do of course track well,but their parallax adjustment sucks ass and is incredibly long winded. Their erector travel is paltry too,with their eye-relief and ease of acquisition,being all things BUT forgiving. They can be pressed into service for static events,but are horrid for anything that changes and are THE bane of Utility.

[Linked Image]

Going from a Fixed Fhuqker to a T-Series is multiple bad moves stacked upon each other. Great way to go backwards and fast!

16x T getting replaced by 16x MQ,in order to be objectively fair. Pun be intended.

Rear focus soooooooooo rocks.

[Linked Image]

Happiness.

Note lateral shift in ocular locale. Hint.

[Linked Image]

10x is the ceiling to adhere,for the warm/fuzzy and the MQ steals the show. After zeroing a T-Series MicroTrac,you'll have more latitude on the Fixed Fhuqker's windshield,than you will the T's erector. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Though of course the Fixed Fhuqker's erector travel is over DOUBLE the T's,to boot. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Conjoin them factoids,to get the big picture. Hint.

Appreciate the laughs this morning,as per always...you gals are on fire.

Funny schit!

Thanks for doing your best.

Laffin'!

The Leupie 6x42 is tough to whoop,which remains a constant and nothing is faster or more forgiving. That being said,the inherent 150+ MOA available in the MQ,along with the windshield...grants nearly 200MOA of total latitude,which connects alotta dots by default.

Leupie 6x42 eye-relief,steals the show on a Boomer and that's something that always rates a thunk.

In retrospect,there's over 100 Fixed Fhuqkers in use by myself and pards,less anyone jumping ship,having an "issue" or being anything less than delighted. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Just sayin'...which is easy for me to say,if only because I've got 'em all.

Hint.

I can only lead folks to water,but admittedly do getta kick outta when they refrain the refreshments.

Good talk.

Laffin'!
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Formidilosus,

John

Absolutely. At least the ones I have seen. While the glass is very good in the 10x HD I personally don't believe it is worth the extra money..... But I don't really care about glass anyways.

Btw- THABKS you the info re.- count.

Blasphemy!

Get a rope...
I damn near put a WHOLE BOX OF BULLETS through the SS today.

Tracks UBER well. I don't think I'm gonna love the reticle but it is a bit early.

Travis
To fine?

David
Don't know....but you're supposed to put the scope on the rifle.....NOT downrange!

To fine?

David

Yes.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
I damn near put a WHOLE BOX OF BULLETS through the SS today.

Good thing you saved a few for your next outing! Don't want to shoot them up all at once. laugh

Got an Annie 54 in route, and about ready to order a McMillan. DIP 75MOA rail and a superchicken fixed 10x waiting on the sidelines. Got another SS 3-15x42 in route. I think I'm going to mount it to my CZ for giggles just to see how I like it over the fixed 10x I have on it now.

I may shoot an entire box of ammo myself when all is said and done! lol grin
Man, from what I've been reading here, I no longer think that variable scopes are designed to last beyond the firing of an entire box of ammo.
Posted By: Nrut Re: SWFA SS 6X42 Mil Quad Reticle - 12/08/14
Man, from what I've been reading here, I no longer think that variable scopes are designed to last beyond the firing of an entire box of ammo.

A lot depends on whether you use shorts or longs..
Round counts continue to be obscene and Ma' Nature has offered much,which'll default the warm/fuzzy in it's aftermath.

Been really beating the fhuqk outta schit and today alone,shoulda cost me a Loomis GLX 1141-S,Canon G-12 and a Fixed Fhuqker 6X MQ...in no particular order.

It was a Chrome Cavalcade,in Noah-esque weather(were he real). TOTALLY submerged the Baby BR twice,by turning my back to wrestle Chrome in SCREAMING water. While doing battle(s),it rose and she were outta sight. My pack floated off once,with the G-12 inside and it never puked. All victims were conquered via the 9'6" UL an I really shoulda landed none.(grin)

GREAT fhuqking day!

Thunked I was gonna have an issue,when traipsing across V-notch to V-notch,in pursuit of another drift and broke yet another gawdamned fhuqking sling and listened to my schit rattle down the guts. Wonder that I fhuqking even heard it,but I felt it go,as I had the rifle over my neck draping my backpack and was bullheading some brush. Have dropped 'em farther and even had to wonder if I could retrieve one,once before.

Anywhoo...the bitch AMAZINGLY took the lick,as per no cracked lenses,no missing turrets and yet held it's prescribed zero. I'd of lost loot,wagering on them happenings.(grin)

Weather was balmy,however.

[Linked Image]

Yesterday was a walk in the Park,regarding weather comparisons and I turned both blue and red yesterday. Today were a good way,to get killed dead.

[Linked Image]

Have yet to have an erector bobble and the windshield happily places schit where one wishes. I hope one pukes,just so I can know WTF it takes,to arrange same.(grin)

Fhuqk variables.

Hint.

Pulled off the muzzle's tape and hipshot it,prior to tossing it in the crummy for the night and tomorrow will be more of the same,only adding fresh tape.

Though in fairness,I'm bumping leaders to 20# Chameleon and may even go size #1 hooks. Will have an STFR 1363-S in tow(Stradic 5000 and 30# PP),along with a few other mainstays,as it will be PRIME opportunity to blow a blank up,trying to keep Chrome outta log jams.

Though I appreciate the Couchbound Chronicles,of schit that nearly got did,with wares that nearly got had and from places that nearly got went.

Laughing!................

Very nice bright chrome. Good to hear about the glass holding together during the launch and recovery. Did the fair weather rate waders, or did you hit it loggin style? That water looks to be a little past numb.
That crappie is fuggin' huge!

Travis

Travis

They get big in Iowa, or is it Kentucky?:)

Fishing in AK is UBER!
Originally Posted by 4321

Travis

Fishing in AK is UBER!

You've been there and fished?

Lets see some pics!

Travis

Fishing in AK is UBER!

Lets see some pics!

It was 35yrs ago, pre-digital. If you wanna BET SOME MONEY, I might make the effort.
Originally Posted by Nrut

A lot depends on whether you use shorts or longs..

That's good to know as given a choice I prefer the reduced recoil of the shorts.

Travis

Fishing in AK is UBER!

Lets see some pics!

It was 35yrs ago, pre-digital. If you wanna BET SOME MONEY, I might make the effort.

Poor little puzzy!

Too stupid to know how to use a camera, can only be goaded into learning how if he thinks he can make money off of it. Yet he has time to make post after stupid post talkin out his azz about chit that he doesn't understand.

Careful Bellydeep - he may stamp his little feet and send you a couple stern pm's (just kidding - his pm's are even funnier than his posts!)

David
I'll bet you are a disgusting fat body as well.

Don't you want to challenge me to some chin ups? Push ups? Regale us of your exploits when you were "with the teams..."

David

Don't you want to challenge me to some chin ups? Push ups? Regale us of your exploits when you were "with the teams..."

David

I'll do a "Travis" bet, $8.12, that your inability to do a proper pushup would only be exceeded by your inability to do even ONE pullup.

David

I'll do a "Travis" bet, $8.12, that your inability to do a proper pushup would only be exceeded by your inability to do even ONE pullup.

You first.

Take lots of pictures for proof....

Oh wait, I forgot, you're too stupid to use a camera....

David
4321/TAK,

Just as an aside, and from experience, but I've spent a lot of time around bases and current and prior service personnel, as well as a lot of folks who were never in uniform. Without fail, those that did the most talked about it the least; those that did the least (or nothing at all), talked about it the most. Those that did the most always had proof, when asked or when the topics came up; those that didn't generally didn't do much (or anything at all).

Just an observation. YMMV, of course.

Careful Bellydeep - he may stamp his little feet and send you a couple stern pm's (just kidding - his pm's are even funnier than his posts!)

David

Already got one and looking forward to the next!

He told me to either send him a video of me doing pull ups OR to have someone in my family send him a photo of me after I committed suicide. And he requested that I use a hollow point.

I consider it a badge of honor, really. When the trolls start PMing you, you know you're making a difference on the net!

TAK,

Did you get your scopes yet?

Travis
I did, I gave a mini-review on the 1-4x. I think it is probably the best value in a sight for a defensive carbine...period. I wish the diamond reticle was a tad brighter, but it isn't a deal breaker. The 3-15 is still in the box. It is going on the Sendero clone that I still have to headspace the Salvage barrel.

A 1-4x SWFA on a RAR SS Compact in 308/7-08 is probably the only rifle most of us need.
Originally Posted by 4ager
4321/TAK,

Just as an aside, and from experience, but I've spent a lot of time around bases and current and prior service personnel, as well as a lot of folks who were never in uniform. Without fail, those that did the most talked about it the least; those that did the least (or nothing at all), talked about it the most. Those that did the most always had proof, when asked or when the topics came up; those that didn't generally didn't do much (or anything at all).

Yeah, it does vary, a lot. You've never been to the GB Club for certain, or Rick's Lounge.

Just what manner of "over the top" claims am I alleged to have made, anyway? Gotta go train some troops.
4321/TAK,

Yeah, it does vary, a lot. You've never been to the GB Club for certain, or Rick's Lounge.

Just what manner of "over the top" claims am I alleged to have made, anyway? Gotta go train some troops.

I'm not sure you have, either, to be blunt.

You've never substantiated any claims you've made here, and you've boasted more about being involved in the highest levels of military special forces for decades. Proof should be easy to provide. You've refused.
Gotta go train some troops.

Is that what you kids are calling it now? Well, whatever you do behind closed doors is your business.

David
I did, I gave a mini-review on the 1-4x. I think it is probably the best value in a sight for a defensive carbine...period. I wish the diamond reticle was a tad brighter, but it isn't a deal breaker. The 3-15 is still in the box. It is going on the Sendero clone that I still have to headspace the Salvage barrel.

A 1-4x SWFA on a RAR SS Compact in 308/7-08 is probably the only rifle most of us need.

Did this happen 35+ years ago?

If not, post pics.
4321/TAK,

You've never substantiated any claims you've made here, and you've boasted more about being involved in the highest levels of military special forces for decades. Proof should be easy to provide. You've refused.

You have no understanding at all of what you are talking about. "The highest levels of military special forces" ain't a US Army Special Forces Group". Maybe, just maybe, an SF CIF company qualifies, but I'm sure the guys "behind the fence" would find that quite humorous. I never tried out for CAG, mainly because I was pretty sure I wasn't what they were lookin' for.

I had a rather un-distinguished career as an SF Medic on an ODA, retired as an SFC/E-7, that's right, I never was a team SGT. I WAS a competent medic who always had his schidt wrapped tight, never screwed anybody up with sorry Tx, never fugged up as a jumpmaster, EVER, and could carry his ruck, do land nav, and shoot a rifle with the best of 'em.

During 300F1 in the SFQC in 82, an old Army Warrant/PA who'd been an SF Medic in 'Nam, told us all the following, "It isn't that you boys are such superior soldiers, its just that everybody else is so goddammed inferior".

BTW, those CAG boys? I out shot 'em all in SOTIC. Distingquished Honor Grad. PM an email and I'll send you a pic of the plaque.
Post it.

You keep posting all this stuff, and never a validation.

There've been a lot of people on forums, including this one, where they've claimed all manner of stuff and never backed it up. A lot of those, an "engineer" here for one, proved to be fakes.

If you've done it, then you've done it and you've got the proof. If so, great. Post it, and I'll issue an apology for doubting it. A "plaque", though, ain't gonna cut it. Such a plaque could be yours, or someone else's, or a dime store purchase.

For someone who was "undistinguished" and is now retired, you sure sound off like you were THE bad ass and still in, and you try to turn any discussion to a "SF/elite/tactical" thread. That part, I just don't get either.

For someone who was "undistinguished" and is now retired, you sure sound off like you were THE bad ass and still in, and you try to turn any discussion to a "SF/elite/tactical" thread. That part, I just don't get either.

We all relate to what we know. What did you do most of your adult life? As for posting any documents here in an open forum, that ain't happening, and only a jackazz would ask. I'm not posting a pic of myself either, my OCONUS contracting days are probably behind me, but you never know.

If you've done it, then you've done it and you've got the proof. If so, great. Post it, and I'll issue an apology for doubting it. A "plaque", though, ain't gonna cut it. Such a plaque could be yours, or someone else's, or a dime store purchase.

There you have it. Why should I bother. GFY.
I would have wagered on exactly that response.

There've been guys here and elsewhere that have done a ton in lots of different places and have posted enough to prove their word. I never said documents, and I don't recall those being asked for. A plaque could be from anywhere and proves only that you took a picture of it.

There are lots of ways of proving what you are/were what you claim, and you refuse any/all of them. Mackay_Sagebrush and MontanaMarine, for starters, have posted plenty to prove that they've done what they claim. Same for those fellas that work the Slope, or the one's over in the ME. Plenty of ways to prove who you are and what you've done, without posting your name or your face.
4321/TAK,

I didn't intend to "call you out", and haven't a problem with you. The incessant "tactical/operator" braggadocio just got damned old. If you're what you claim you are/were, you've got a wealth of information and a wealth of knowledge. It'd be easy to prove, and I hope you do.

There you have it. Why should I bother. GFY.

You won't bother, frankly, because I don't think you are what you claim to be or have been. It'd be easy to prove.

BTW - that was a damned quick "training session" for troops. Less than 50 minutes from "gotta train troops" post to the next one, and never off line for that time.
MM is stayin' in MT. I might still be travelin'. McKay? He's never made ANY claim to do anything except be a cop and a contractor in Iraq, as was I. He took a lot of pics, I didn't. Whose to say who's in his pics anyway? Not that I am, but if I did post a few, that is exactly what koksukkers here would say.

BTW, McKay did work for the best company on the ground in Iraq, but that is his business.

No one here has yet to prove a single thing I've ever posted here is bogus or BS. Braggadocio? Probably. I'll do a few extra burpees tommorrow.
If you put up pics of those locations, it'd be DAMNED hard to say you weren't there. Personal pics are easy to distinguish from those web sourced.

I don't get the defensiveness when if you've done what you claim, and can prove it, as I said you'd be a wealth of information and knowledge. As stated, I hope you can.

No one here has yet to prove a single thing I've ever posted here is bogus or BS.

So what does that prove????

You could spout off for days with the anonymity of the internet and nobody could ever prove you wrong because they don't know your identity.

And you've never proven that a single thing you've ever posted wasn't bogus or BS.

Which you could do.

By posting ONE pic of SOMETHING...ANYTHING...

No one here has yet to prove a single thing I've ever posted here is bogus or BS.

That I ain't Larry Root, for starters.

I don't think you are Larry Root.

Travis

No, thank God. Larry has enough personalities, but you aren't one of those.
One thing going for Root over TAK is that Larry has a digital camera and posts pictures!
TAK,

Let's be friends?
Finally......6x's to be delivered tomorrow. But my MO for 5r barreled actions is lost in POS Dayton, OH! Been "out for delivery" since yesterday morning. Oops! I guess somebody is going to have an early Christmas with my funds.

R&D continues and it ain't purty.(grin)

[Linked Image]

The weather is welllllll beyond EPIC in all regards and it's a shame,that I cain't PM a sample to The Paper Hat Brigade,if only as a barometer of reference so they could quantify their Dizzying Dumbfhuqktitude.

It broke a smidge this afternoon and planes did in fact plane,so I've a fresh box of 10X MQ's to mount.

SWFA fhuqked me right proper.

Laughing!

I'll feign my "surprise",that the crux remains a constant,in that alotta things nearly got did,with alotta wares that nearly got procured and from alotta places that nearly got bootprints on it.

Fortunately...Imagination and Pretend are free,so everyone can "contribute"!

PS and by the way,fhuqk variables.

Just sayin'.

1000 words of HOPE for Squat To Pee,not that she could afford a Retard Bobber or get one wet,by herself.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

If only because subtension do paint a poignant pic.

[Linked Image]

Bless her heart..................
Originally Posted by FOsteology
One thing going for Root over TAK is that Larry has a digital camera and posts pictures!

Yes.........other peoples pictures of stuff he's never seen nor had..
So the 6 BR is kicking azz?

Originally Posted by FOsteology

Yes.........other peoples pictures of stuff he's never seen nor had..

Very true, I was however referring to his "trophy picture" of himself with his goofy hat, rose tinted glasses, and the guided hunt in which he paid 8k for a mediocre elk!
Too big a scope for my tastes, quality looks like its there but its not for me. Instruction manual says Tasco.
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Too big a scope for my tastes, quality looks like its there but its not for me. Instruction manual says Tasco.

It's fun to talk out of you a$$ and you are good at it.

David

I'll take it. Guessing since this thread is about the 6x version that's what you have? If so pm me and I'll pay you the going price.

I'll take it. Guessing since this thread is about the 6x version that's what you have? If so pm me and I'll pay you the going price.

I want to see a picture of the manual....

David
I boxed it up and shipped it back cost me $50 freight both ways to take a look.
I'm likin' mine. Just wish the dumbazz post office in Dayton would get their schitt together. Out for delivery Tues AM and still not delivered. I'm guessing it will take a couple months to get a MO reissued. So no rifles.

I boxed it up and shipped it back cost me $50 freight both ways to take a look.

Fascinating. Tell me more about the manual.

David
Mine must have been a return, it didn't come with a manual. Somehow I figured it all out without one.

KK alaska what didn't you like about the scope?
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

KK alaska what did you imagine you didn't like about the scope?

Fixed it for you.

David
Holly crap this thread has nine lives!
Make it ten, what the hell!
Holly crap this thread has nine lives!

At least lately we've learned that Dayton's PO sucks ballz and kkalaska got a manual with his scope when nobody else in the history of the world has.

Does anybody need some Chinese low 30mm rings?? I already have a few sets of Badger's on hand for my scopes.

Being without those 5Rs really has you worked up!
Come to think of it I had an outgoing package hung up for dayz in Cincinnati! Must be an Ohio thing.
'heaven,

The Light Done Right Montucky,seems to have heart and will weather a storm. Gloriously FOUL weather today...but feeshes don't care.

Shoulda gunned a time-lapse,during this tide change on The Milford,but didn't wanna lose any of my Gitzo,Giottos,Manfrotto or other tripods in the fray. It were tight quarters,as the tides is huge as are the freshwater volumes.

Luckily,Feexed Fhuqkers cain't care and if they DID have Manuals,I reckon that'd be stated plainly.

Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I figure 50 Feexed Fhuqkers,will scratch the itch and they seem to be breeding when the lights go off.

Here's hoping someone,can Imagine to Pretend that ain't so.

Laffin'!

FO',

Mediocrity is the best she could ever do and it do add a leetle panache'...that she had to purchase that Trump Card.

Laffin'!

'9,

Gawdammit...PLEASE keep in mind,that once you swipe Imagination and Pretend away from The Do Nothing Gang,that they will have NOTHING left.

That would be mean. Further,it's the wrong time of year to burst them bubbles.

Just kidding!

Fhuqk the STUPID fhuqkers!!!

Laffin'!

'sus,

I'd like to "dib" seconds,should that deal fall through.

Laffin'!

kk',

When you Pretend something,typically how long does it take to become "real" to you? Keep in mind,that I'm not talking an UBER-Fabrication,just your Daily Delusions. Bless your heart.

Thanks!

Laffin'!

I'd have $1200+ in REAL dollars,to return REAL scopes and still don't have a single fhuqking Manual.

Hint.

Wow.

MCH,

I got all the "bad ones" too.

Laffin'!

'tripper,

Don't slight how "real" Pretend is,to them who MUST Imagine.

Hint.

Wow.

Laffin'!

'5,

More Pretend will come...there ain't no need to Imagine that.

Laffin'!

It's the ONLY fhuqking move The Do Nothing Gang has and the hilarity,never do grow old.

Bless their hearts.

Laffin'!

PS and by the way,I might should do another BC flip-up video,for dissenters.

Laffin'!

Just sayin'.
Being without those 5Rs really has you worked up!

No schitt! Got 2 [bleep]' losers in the fray. He needs the funds and I'm out the funds and got no rifles. He said he spent an hour at the PO tryin' to raise hell. They took his #........BFD. I doubt they ever find it or call.

$9 hundo could've bought a few bottles of single malt.

This guy hates SWFA!

[Linked Image]
phugg me!

34+?

David
This guy hates SWFA!

[Linked Image]

He looks like he hates everything/body.

HATER!!! With a manual!

He's the faux Ranger from, wasn't it Ohio?
He's the faux Ranger from, wasn't it Ohio?

Spoon Ranger yes. Army Ranger yeah right not in this lifetime! He was never not a fat body.
Boxer,

I keep hoping that one I've these days somebody'll jump at the chance to offload a POS SWFA, but alas they all seem to not have them anymore..... Must be magic.
Whadya reckon a 6x SS will do atop a 243AI Montucky???
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Whadya reckon a 6x SS will do atop a 243AI Montucky???

Kill chit!
Before the SS was available in anything but fixed 10x (and I think maybe 16x) I bought a 10x rear focus and it came with a manual.

I don't think it said anything about Tasco though.

confused
Not bad on a new Ruger Ranch 300 BKT. May need a 80 MOA base (haha) with the ballistics of the subsonic 208 Amax or 220 HPBT.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Pretty slick little rig!
Originally Posted by 257heaven
This guy hates SWFA!

[Linked Image]

He looks like he hates everything/body.

HATER!!! With a manual!

He don't hate food.
When it rains...it pours,bitches.

Been (2) days of R&D trying to defeat the zero-stop and cain't. Tried numerous notions,as per what logistics allowed and finally was able to connect dots via mainstay OEM offerings. One can ring the bell,for less than fifty fhuqking cents.

I knew sooner or later,I'd be able to procure the remedy.

[Linked Image]

It's this fhuqking simplistic and note that it literally takes (2) to tango.

[Linked Image]

Install thusly,on previously zero'd erector and simply pre-load the amount of STOP,as per whim. I like to allow enough,to thread needles at 25yds,less holdoff,but it can be did in any fashion that suits.

[Linked Image]

Was hoping to really load up Turntitude resistance(especially for windage) and sought to incorporate a beefed exterior o-ring on the erector spindle's shroud. Couldn't score the larger size I wanted,so had to punt.

[Linked Image]

Stacking a second OEM sized 'ring in the faux race beneath the issued,was too much of a good thing and wouldn't bear fruit. The notions stands and I'll source the requisite offerings,once I touch pavement.

[Linked Image]

Haven't gone CRAZY,but have shot the 'stop in a couple dozen Fixed Fhuqker offerings and there is no concession.

Shot hard today,from spittin' distances to a mile ++.

[Linked Image]

You've been led to water and that pun,is likely intended.

Hint...............

(P.S. and by the way)

You can flog on 'em hard enough to bend the erector spindle and they don't give a fhuqk...yet retaining zero,tracking and the gumption to refrain fogging.

Just saying.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/538/62DB8C.jpg[/img]

Phuuckin' A!!!
Originally Posted by Big Stick
When it rains...it pours,bitches.

Haven't gone CRAZY.....

Stick's been busy! laugh

Thanks for the R&D!
It's just too bad those 6x scopes are only good on a .22lr.
Those fixed super chickens are the mogwai's of the new millennial. Get them wet and the phuggers multiply!
I got a 3x9 for ya, Form, but you didn't want it.
Have poked THE Stop in (25) Fixed Fhuqkers now and there are zero issues.

Now...there are NO excuses.................(grin)
Thanks for the R&D. More than a few of us have Super Chickens now because of your field testing and reporting, so the follow up customer service is appreciated. wink
© 24hourcampfire