Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nrut
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Man, from what I've been reading here, I no longer think that variable scopes are designed to last beyond the firing of an entire box of ammo.

A lot depends on whether you use shorts or longs..

That's good to know as given a choice I prefer the reduced recoil of the shorts.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 4321
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by deflave
That crappie is fuggin' huge!

Travis

They get big in Iowa, or is it Kentucky?:)

Fishing in AK is UBER!

You've been there and fished?

Lets see some pics!

It was 35yrs ago, pre-digital. If you wanna BET SOME MONEY, I might make the effort.

Poor little puzzy!

Too stupid to know how to use a camera, can only be goaded into learning how if he thinks he can make money off of it. Yet he has time to make post after stupid post talkin out his azz about chit that he doesn't understand.

Careful Bellydeep - he may stamp his little feet and send you a couple stern pm's (just kidding - his pm's are even funnier than his posts!)

David

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'll bet you are a disgusting fat body as well.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Don't you want to challenge me to some chin ups? Push ups? Regale us of your exploits when you were "with the teams..."

David

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Canazes9

Don't you want to challenge me to some chin ups? Push ups? Regale us of your exploits when you were "with the teams..."

David

I'll do a "Travis" bet, $8.12, that your inability to do a proper pushup would only be exceeded by your inability to do even ONE pullup.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

David

I'll do a "Travis" bet, $8.12, that your inability to do a proper pushup would only be exceeded by your inability to do even ONE pullup.

You first.

Take lots of pictures for proof....

Oh wait, I forgot, you're too stupid to use a camera....

David

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
4321/TAK,

Just as an aside, and from experience, but I've spent a lot of time around bases and current and prior service personnel, as well as a lot of folks who were never in uniform. Without fail, those that did the most talked about it the least; those that did the least (or nothing at all), talked about it the most. Those that did the most always had proof, when asked or when the topics came up; those that didn't generally didn't do much (or anything at all).

Just an observation. YMMV, of course.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Careful Bellydeep - he may stamp his little feet and send you a couple stern pm's (just kidding - his pm's are even funnier than his posts!)

David

Already got one and looking forward to the next!

He told me to either send him a video of me doing pull ups OR to have someone in my family send him a photo of me after I committed suicide. And he requested that I use a hollow point.

I consider it a badge of honor, really. When the trolls start PMing you, you know you're making a difference on the net!

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

TAK,

Did you get your scopes yet?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I did, I gave a mini-review on the 1-4x. I think it is probably the best value in a sight for a defensive carbine...period. I wish the diamond reticle was a tad brighter, but it isn't a deal breaker. The 3-15 is still in the box. It is going on the Sendero clone that I still have to headspace the Salvage barrel.

A 1-4x SWFA on a RAR SS Compact in 308/7-08 is probably the only rifle most of us need.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 4ager
4321/TAK,

Just as an aside, and from experience, but I've spent a lot of time around bases and current and prior service personnel, as well as a lot of folks who were never in uniform. Without fail, those that did the most talked about it the least; those that did the least (or nothing at all), talked about it the most. Those that did the most always had proof, when asked or when the topics came up; those that didn't generally didn't do much (or anything at all).

Yeah, it does vary, a lot. You've never been to the GB Club for certain, or Rick's Lounge.

Just what manner of "over the top" claims am I alleged to have made, anyway? Gotta go train some troops.

Last edited by 4321; 12/09/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
4321/TAK,

Yeah, it does vary, a lot. You've never been to the GB Club for certain, or Rick's Lounge.

Just what manner of "over the top" claims am I alleged to have made, anyway? Gotta go train some troops.

I'm not sure you have, either, to be blunt.

You've never substantiated any claims you've made here, and you've boasted more about being involved in the highest levels of military special forces for decades. Proof should be easy to provide. You've refused.

Last edited by 4ager; 12/09/14.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Gotta go train some troops.

Is that what you kids are calling it now? Well, whatever you do behind closed doors is your business.

David

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I did, I gave a mini-review on the 1-4x. I think it is probably the best value in a sight for a defensive carbine...period. I wish the diamond reticle was a tad brighter, but it isn't a deal breaker. The 3-15 is still in the box. It is going on the Sendero clone that I still have to headspace the Salvage barrel.

A 1-4x SWFA on a RAR SS Compact in 308/7-08 is probably the only rifle most of us need.

Did this happen 35+ years ago?

If not, post pics.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
4321/TAK,

You've never substantiated any claims you've made here, and you've boasted more about being involved in the highest levels of military special forces for decades. Proof should be easy to provide. You've refused.

You have no understanding at all of what you are talking about. "The highest levels of military special forces" ain't a US Army Special Forces Group". Maybe, just maybe, an SF CIF company qualifies, but I'm sure the guys "behind the fence" would find that quite humorous. I never tried out for CAG, mainly because I was pretty sure I wasn't what they were lookin' for.

I had a rather un-distinguished career as an SF Medic on an ODA, retired as an SFC/E-7, that's right, I never was a team SGT. I WAS a competent medic who always had his schidt wrapped tight, never screwed anybody up with sorry Tx, never fugged up as a jumpmaster, EVER, and could carry his ruck, do land nav, and shoot a rifle with the best of 'em.

During 300F1 in the SFQC in 82, an old Army Warrant/PA who'd been an SF Medic in 'Nam, told us all the following, "It isn't that you boys are such superior soldiers, its just that everybody else is so goddammed inferior".

BTW, those CAG boys? I out shot 'em all in SOTIC. Distingquished Honor Grad. PM an email and I'll send you a pic of the plaque.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Post it.

You keep posting all this stuff, and never a validation.

There've been a lot of people on forums, including this one, where they've claimed all manner of stuff and never backed it up. A lot of those, an "engineer" here for one, proved to be fakes.

If you've done it, then you've done it and you've got the proof. If so, great. Post it, and I'll issue an apology for doubting it. A "plaque", though, ain't gonna cut it. Such a plaque could be yours, or someone else's, or a dime store purchase.

For someone who was "undistinguished" and is now retired, you sure sound off like you were THE bad ass and still in, and you try to turn any discussion to a "SF/elite/tactical" thread. That part, I just don't get either.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

For someone who was "undistinguished" and is now retired, you sure sound off like you were THE bad ass and still in, and you try to turn any discussion to a "SF/elite/tactical" thread. That part, I just don't get either.

We all relate to what we know. What did you do most of your adult life? As for posting any documents here in an open forum, that ain't happening, and only a jackazz would ask. I'm not posting a pic of myself either, my OCONUS contracting days are probably behind me, but you never know.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

If you've done it, then you've done it and you've got the proof. If so, great. Post it, and I'll issue an apology for doubting it. A "plaque", though, ain't gonna cut it. Such a plaque could be yours, or someone else's, or a dime store purchase.

There you have it. Why should I bother. GFY.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would have wagered on exactly that response.

There've been guys here and elsewhere that have done a ton in lots of different places and have posted enough to prove their word. I never said documents, and I don't recall those being asked for. A plaque could be from anywhere and proves only that you took a picture of it.

There are lots of ways of proving what you are/were what you claim, and you refuse any/all of them. Mackay_Sagebrush and MontanaMarine, for starters, have posted plenty to prove that they've done what they claim. Same for those fellas that work the Slope, or the one's over in the ME. Plenty of ways to prove who you are and what you've done, without posting your name or your face.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
4321/TAK,

I didn't intend to "call you out", and haven't a problem with you. The incessant "tactical/operator" braggadocio just got damned old. If you're what you claim you are/were, you've got a wealth of information and a wealth of knowledge. It'd be easy to prove, and I hope you do.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (204guy, 12344mag, 1234, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 54 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,767
Posts18,515,462
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.